Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

It's a very average hostel but still the place to stay in Hoi An!

Great place to meet other backpackers and great breakfast. It's a very busy hostel/hotel with always a lot of people moving in and out of the lobby, which also serves as backpack storage. Unfortunately, my jacket got lost in this mess. Also, the staff is mostly too busy to be friendly. The bikes and tours they offer are overpriced for what you get. .

I loved the breakfast Buffet but you have to be there early to safe the good pieces

This hostel needs major cleaning.

Stayed at sunflower for a total of 3 nights. A lovely place with the BEST breakfast buffet in Vietnam. Staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean and super nice (we had a private room for 2 dollars more than a dorm) and the pool was a life saver! I really recommend this place if you're going to Hoi An!

One of the best places to stay in Hoi An. Loved the friendly atmosphere and all the friends we made. It is a bit of a walk to Old Town (about 20-30mins), and the staff are not friendly, often arguing with one another in front of guests. Nevertheless, great place to meet like-minded backpackers.

So the facilities are great, no question. that is about it. the staff are shockingly rude. my friend was shoved by a staff member for trying to get a beer out of the fridge. also definitely a party hostel, but that's probably a good thing to drink away the negativity from the staff. you bond with your fellow travelers though because you are all just so stunned by the rudeness.

Very good hostel with helpful staff, great location, great facilities including nice pool! Bar and pool table!

The staff were awful. I had a few occasions where they basically ignored me when I had an enquiry and saw the same with other people. I also notice a few people had trouble with double bookings. The buffet breakfast was unusual and neither good or bad. The room was not cleaned properly and there was a major lack of plug sockets. However there was hot water and air conditioning and the bar a pool area was ok. You get what you pay for although the staff ruin it.

The best thing about this hostel is the breakfast buffet. It is also a good distance between both Old Town/River, and Cua Dai beach. Bike hire makes it easy to get to the beach, but it isn't really within walking distance. On arrival staff were not welcoming at all, and were not helpful or informative at check in, but they became nicer as my stay progressed. It is a good place to stay if you like a party vibe - not necessarily for relaxing. Not super clean either.

Some of the staff were very helpful, some were extremely rude. The breakfast was awesome and the dorm room was clean. Absolutely DO NOT book your onward bus from the front desk. I was lazy and got told I'd be on a nice bus. I paid way too much for the crappiest bus I've ever been on! There are plenty of tour offices nearby that you can use.

Great atmosphere. Pool out back and bar, people sit around and play drinking games. Rooms slightly hot and staff were not very helpful. But this is "the place" to stay in Hoi An, overall, worth it! Met great people here. Not too loud at night which is great as well

Breakfast buffet is great. Walking distance to old town, and not far from the beach. Some staff were helpful, restaurant/bar staff were not. Clean simple rooms, would stay again.

Lovely place to stay, friendly staff with great English. Spacious room, well furnished and clean! Only downfall is it's slightly outside the city, but nothing a 50,000 dong taxi can't fix.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Sunflower was recommended to me by many people so i decided to book there, however, my experience was not as nice as i had hoped. The staff at the reception was the rudest i have ever seen, screamed at customers for no reason and didn't make much time to help guests. The hostel itself was very nice, big rooms and bathrooms, noisy at night as the swimming pool area becomes a big party place. Swimming pool was nice but quite dirty. Breakfast however was the best i have got!

It seems like a hotel that was transformed into a hostel. Excellent facilities, the breakfast is a feast and unlimited. Is not the most social place as the common areas are huge and people tend to scatter a bit. Close enough to the city center. Clean, comfortable beds and toilets. The shower lacks pressure though, but it seems to be a problem all over SEA

A nice hostel with a pool, amazing buffet breakfast and cheap bicycle and motorbike rentals. On arrival staff weren't overly helpful but by check out their mood seemed to have improved. Extra food wasn't great and the vibe in the hostel east the best. If I had gone alone I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed it as much. Everyone still comes to the hostel to hangout so there are lots of people around. We hired bikes from here which were super cheap and our highlight of Hoi An.

I was in two minds about booking here as reviews wernt that good but had lots of back packers recommend it! The free buffet is great 6-10 pancakes eggs toast noodles cereal fruit juices tea coffee--no jam :( socialising us great here day and night. Bar menu good. Rooms were standard not amazing not bad. Good 20 min walk from the old town markets and why not bar. Staff were so rude on arrival as so many people but were nice on check out?? Maybe because they were both pregnant..? 6/10 for here!

The staff is amazing. I've a great time there. The breakfast is superb. And If you are lucky your roomies could be the funniest people you'll ever met.

noisy room, please fix the fan!!