Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

Chaotic party hostel - but fun! Good breakfast. The tailor that they refer you to is actually good. They have a shuttle bus to and from the old city.

Very fun hostel, really great pool area. But the staff are mean as f***, the worst staff I experienced in Nam. Cleaning staff came in one morning and took my towel (which I paid a 5$ deposit for), I asked if she was exchanging it for a clean one and she gestured as if she was. Then never came back in the room, when I asked the front desk for another one they refused and demanded another deposit despite me telling them what happened. Sunflower has a monopoly on BPackers in Hoi An & they abuse it.

Hostel is good, good rooms, drinking is good here, the vibes in the evening are pinging, but the staff, especially the waitresses and kitchen workers are very rude. They don't like westerners and to be honest I don't blame them but they are very very patronising and rude. I'm pretty sure one of the ones who disliked me the most spat in my soup.

• 16th Jun 2015

The staff are generally rude and aloof. Somtetimes they would actually roll there eyes at you and make it clear that it was an effort to help you. The a facilities are adequate. But the people staying here are mostly "18-30's" trashy people, who might aswell be in benidorm for all the culture they seemed to be interested in. My room smelt like boys and boys and was filthy, and the boys would play practical jokes on each other that weren't funny. Overall a grim hostel.

Staff were really rude and unhelpful. We added an extra night and they made us check out and check in again. They also would not change our bus ticket for another day.

• 15th Jun 2015

very good buffet breakfast, lots of common areas and a next to the pool !

Decent pool. Really good breakfast but not the best food the rest of the day, eat elsewhere. Staff were friendly. Clean enough just slightly run down. 15-20 minute walk to the old town and river. Good social place to meet people.

Its a nice hotel. The dorm beds are very noisy. You can hardly move without waking up the other people. Also there are limited number of power points. The pool is nice. The breakfast is super good. The distance from the old city makes it a tad bit annoying.

This was an awful hotel. Very far from the centre and no atmosphere Didn't have my booking, was told it was full. Eventually offered a room in their other hotel, which was a 15min drive away or to share a double bed with a stranger. Refused both and was given a dorm bed, but saw the staff member cross another person off the list! Room was filthy and very dirty. Door did not lock. The noise was ridiculous (and I consider my self a heavy sleeper) but the traffic and music was far too loud.

• 8th Jun 2015

Cockroaches, dirty beds and 90% of the guests are teenagers who haven't worked out that flushing the toilet and locking the door would be a good thing.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Wales

The breakfast selection was amazing

Brilliant breakfast! Good value restaurant too. Atmosphere was great here (if you're a backpacker). And the pool was brilliant. Bicycles outside to rent were great. Quite a way into the old city but doable on a bike. Beaches were also within cycling distance Rooms cleaned everyday but sheets were dirty when we arrived. Same with towels. Staff were the only major downfall as weren't helpful at all. Good place to stay if you like socialising.

Well, where to begin; The staff are the most rude and grumpy vietnamese people I've met. You want to ask reception for help; they want to know or care. No idea what is even going on around the hostel. One girl had her phone stolen an she wanted to know how to report it to the police. They didn't care or help. Shrugged her off. After my first night I got told not asked an very rudely that I had t move rooms. Forgt my key and they don't have a spare to let you in. "Security asleep and rude"

I thought that the people at the front desk were very friendly. They forgot to give me back my passport and I had to leave on a flight to Da Nang...so they sent someone to drop off my passport at the airport. However, the staff that served food were very rude. Regardless of the kitchen staff, I would go back and stay at Sunflower :)

Pro's - good atmosphere, party hostel, breakfast included, AC works Con's - dirty bed linen, don't change duvets when people leave, lockers too small for backpacks, incompetent staff, no plug sockets near beds, cold showers, heard of phones being stolen, pool smelled & was dirty - on my last night there was a rat in it & it bit a girl!

Good place, nice breakfast. A bit loud sometimes, 40 min walk from the beach, 20 min walk from old town.

Supposed to have free pick up from the bus station and no one showed up. Also the staff barge in the room at 9am everyday waking everyone up to let whoever know they need to check out at 11. Like F off its a party place we need our sleep

The best thing about this hostel was the breakfast buffet. Loads of choice&&plenty to fill you until dinner. The rooms were standard bunk beds with lockers but there were only 2 plug sockets between 8 of us which made charging phones a nightmare. The pool is nice but the food was expensive, as was the bar. There were no activities or promotions and the social areas were very uncomfortable and badly laid out. I didn't particularly enjoy my time here, there are plenty of better places to go.

Very noisy party hostel. TV didn't work. Beds were okay. Staff were rude and not very helpful.

• 20th May 2015

Just wifi didn't work all the time