Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

It is a nice hotel with a nice pool, a nice garden bar and EXCELLENT breakfast buffet. Close to town, but a bit far from the beach. Some of the staff are not really friendly but they still help you out. We had booked a two beds room and we got just one doble bed with no apologies. Check your bill before paying!! a lot of extras were being charged but they solved it very easily. Full of backpackers, so good atmosphere (although it can get noisy at night sometimes)

Little bit overpriced for what you're actually getting, as in reality anyone is able to come in and use the pool or eat the free breakfast! Good for travellers as its full of backpackers to socialise with though - good pool bar area.

Great Breakfast !

This place is really cool. It has a very social atmosphere and a daily crowded gathering poolside. I enjoyed my time here and plus stay again. Staff were friendly. The buffet breakfasts were wonderful.

This place is definitely a party hostel. If you are young and are traveling with a bunch of your friends then this is probably the place for you. The first desk is always busy cause there's so many people there. If you decide to get a private room, I suggest you pay $2 more and get the superior room..it's 10 times better. Other than that this place is cool...reminds me of big co ed fraternity house.

Great hostel, great location between market and beach. Lovely staff and there is a pool. But our room wasn't cleaned for the whole time we were there, it was filthy

Great hostel. Slightly more expensive than others in hoi an but the breakfast is definitely worth the extra money! Very sociable hostel. Most of the staff were really lovely and friendly. Would recommend!

This hostel was a nice location in between the beach and the old town. It was big and spacious with great facilities. The staff were extremely friendly and always helpful to answer any questions and book tickets whenever needed. They were very efficient. A great place to stay. Only downside is they didn't enforce a no noise policy and we were staying a room that was in front of the stair case and drunk backpackers would sit on the stairs at 5am and talk at the top of their lungs EVERY NIGHT!

Nice pool table & swimming pool areas outside for common rooms, a pity those close at 23u. A sociable and comfortable place, I really enjoyed my stay.

Stayed here 4 nights. It's a party hostel so don't expect peace

We stayed in a 4 bed dorm which was fine but the bathroom was a bit humid and so the.walls were colored...beside that everything was great, the pool in the. backyard, the all you can eat breakfast and stuff. It's a 15-20 min walk out of the old town, but you can rent bikes at the hostel.

Good place to stay as a solo traveller who wants to meet people. There's always people ready to go out and have a few drinks. Just don't come here expecting too peaceful a night. There was a real lack of plug sockets in my 8 bed dorm and the hostel is quite a walk from the old town, but overall a decent enough hostel.

This place was brilliant. If you're in that area, can't think of a better place to stay. The facilities were great, the atmosphere and the staff were amazing. Great value for money.

Awesome! Great hostel, worth the stay! Great relaxing spot out the back by the pool.. Cocktails are awesome!

I arrived at sunflower after a night bus journey which I shouldn't of done as I injured my knee but when I got to the hotel I explained what I had done and asked for a bottom bunk on the ground floor which they sorted out no problem. They also checked on me throughout my stay and said if I needed a hospital they were more than happy to take me! I recommend this hotel highly for all guests whether backpackers or on holiday.

Dorms not amazing considering the price, and not very central. But if you're looking for a party then this is the place!

Quite dirty rooms. Staff seemed tired and didn't want to help. Breakfast is good and the pool area is nice.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Sweden

Definitely a hostel for young people and we had a great stay there. Nice atmosphere around the pool and outdoor bar. A distance to the town centre but you can hire bikes right outside which is brilliant.

Located 40 minute walk to beach and 25 to old town. You can rent bikes outside. This is a backpackers hotel so plenty of ppl to meet. Seen cleaners redress the beds when ppl left dorm and new ppl came, no clean sheets! Only two sockets in dorm for 8 ppl.

Great hostel for meeting people. We spent a day by the pool and that evening went out with about 20 people we had only met that day. The rooms are a little tired but you never spend much time there anyway. The staff may seem a little colder than other places but it's only because they're so busy. They're nice really! The cleaners kept leaving our door open and I lost some shirts, probably a one off but worth keeping an eye on! I had a great time here and would definitely stay again!