Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

Good value for money and staff are nice. Great location!!

Never ever met staff as rude as in this hotel. They hard sell there tours and services and are so rude to you. Insulting! Breakfast is awful. Keep it simple! They try to over do it. Rooms are large and relatively clean. Not all the doors lock properly so not very secure. They allow hawkers to stand outside the hotel who aggressively push a club. Personally, I would try somewhere else.

Great hostel/hotel with comfortable rooms and beds. Really nice pool/bar area which is good for meeting other travellers. By far the best internet we came across in Vietnam - super quick! Would stay here again.

Quite far from the town but you can rent a bicycle. Some stuffs are quite grumpy and not so friendly but some of them are quite good. Breakfast was yummeh, it was buffet ! And they also have a small swimming pool which is nice.

This place is like a hotel but with with dorm beds. Good beds and the shower is over a bath which is a nice change from the toilet always getting wet. A nice pool, outdoor area and bar. Sunflower has an amazing buffet breakfast with omelettes made to order, pancakes, coffee, tea, fruit, toast, cereal, noodles, potatoes etc etc

Stay here, it's legit.

Located at a 15 min walk from downtown, which is not really a bis thing. Good, clean pool, good common area with restaurant. Dorms clean, good facilities with dry bathroom because of bath tub. Friendly, helpful staff but not sure if they offer the best prices for buses and such. Bicycle rent in front of the entrance.

The only dorm in Hoi An for backpackers. It is clean, everyone has a locker and staff is oke. Breakfast is extensive and good.

They stole 45 us$ from a bag in our room. We slept in a private room and always looked our door when we where out......

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

Room was dirty. Animal droppings in the bathroom, cleaning ladies obviously ignoring them. Towels were filthy! Room looked nothing liked the photos on the internet. Rude female staff member woke us up on New Years Day banging on our door ordering us to check out (we were checked in for another night). Only positive was the professional male staff member who gave us lots of advice, he was very helpful. Would never stay here again.

• 30th Dec 2013

I wish I could have stayed longer! Dorms were very clean and comfortable, the staff were generally friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was AMAZING- especially considering it was included in the very cheap price. Good location as well, especially if you hire a bike (which I would recommend). All in all, a lovely stay!

The Sunflower is a really cool place to stay. Breakfast is good. The staff work so hard that place is clean, the pool is is in a pristine condition. It took me a while to get used to the front desk's jokes :) The ladies are very funny and they should rarely be taken seriously. Had a lovely time there and I can recommend the Sunflower to anyone wanting a good time. There are many other travellers. Their restaurant and bar is top notch. Thanks guys.

Great breakfast and very helpful staff, will recommend you tailors and they also provide a shuttle bus to head into town.

Quite far from the old city, but at least there are some reasonable places to eat near by. The building is effectively a hotel that has bunk beds in some of the rooms. A bit on the soulless side. The buffet breakfast is amazing - lots of options, freshly prepared eggs, plenty to eat.

Very well-run hostel, good atmosphere. Excellent food at restaurant.

Large hostel, some distance from the Old Town (hire a bike!) but with a great buffet breakfast to look forward to every morning and comfortable beds you really can not go wrong. The staff were very helpful, no matter how big or small the inquiry... a sock went missing in our laundry and they offered to give us some new socks. Enjoy your stay.

Nice hotel that also works as a hostel. Good value for price, the breakfast buffet offers many choices and was very good! The staff was always friendly and helpful. It's a 15 minute walk to the historic center of Hoi An, which is the only not-so-perfect thing, but I'd definitely recommend staying here. If I should go to Hoi An again, I'd book this one!

At check in the man and woman told me my booking, a 4 bed dorm, wasn't available anymore. They said the only had 6 and 8 bed. They went on to say that they had told the websites of the change a month ago Which I know is bs because the hostel is the one that writes their profiles. When i looked around the hostel, guess what I found, 4 bed dorms! Which I was placed in after I can down and demanded they make it right. Did the same to another girl. also didn't clean the room or bathroom for 3 days.

A great hostel. The dorm rooms are spacious with good quality ensuite. Great location and very cheap push bikes to rent right outside. There's also a few restaurants very close by that do 3000 dong beers. It's not the best quality beer but for 3000 dong (16 cents) who's complaining... The breakfast, which is included, is amazing too, especially the omlette station.

More like a hotel than a hostel, but with the best of both. A very good choice for staying at hoi an.