Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

Before staying here I'd heard some mixed reviews...personally if you actually look into a place before staying then you know what you're going to get. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful...the breakfast staff not so much. Rooms were cleaned every day as well as the rest of the hotel. Yes it is mainly for people wanting a few drinks etc...however I didn't find it disturbing at all. Everyone there was welcoming and we met some lovely people. Will recommend to others

Great atmosphere at the bar in the evening and the buffet breakfast was the best we've had yet in a hostel. Walking distance to the old town and markets etc. Went to another hostel for one night and wanted to go back!

I arrived around 6pm to a room that was not clean and the bed was not made up. This place was extremely unorganized. I wasn't able to figure out which bed was mine. When I came back down to the front desk to ask them to make my bed up and clarify where I was supposed to be, the staff seemed unwilling to help and it was like pulling teeth to get them to make the bed. When somebody finally came, they did not leave me with a blanket to fill the duvet cover. To, I slept with no blanket.

Very good hotel, with very good ambience. When booking at the reception pay atention and compare prices because you will pay more in comparison of booking in street, and careful when paying bills at restaurant and check-out, for 2 times they tried to charge me more than i should pay.

Nice breakfast, clean but staff unfriendly.

No security problems for us but someone else had the cleaner steal money from his room (she was caught and gave most of it back).

Sunflower is a great hostel, that feels more like a hotel. Don't be put off by the out of town location, as to walk into the centre took around 10-15 mins, or a taxi only costs around £1-£1.50. The facilities are brilliant, including an outdoor pool/bar area and the buffet breakfast is great! Some of the reception staff weren't particulary friendly, but in the main, pretty good. If you're looking to have clothes made in Hoi An, head to a shop called Peace.

Nice bar and pool area, good buffet breakfast. About 15 minute walk to the centre of the Old Town.

Great place, great staff, Nice pool with bar and pool table. Rooms are good.

The hostel did not really deliver from what we had heard. The staff were at times rude and not particularly helpful. They arranged a taxi much earlier than we required so it was convenient for another transfer, forgot to provide us with our train ticket after organising it prior to us leaving (requiring them to send it in a taxi) and didn't ensure the cooking class had everyone when they came around for pick up (even though we were sitting in the lobby waiting).

• 10th Nov 2014

The staff are just OK. When you ask them to pick you up at the airport the driver may ask you if you would like to visit a shop which sells marble products,but you can ask them to take you away from it whenever you want. Maybe the staff could be more friendly and hospitable.

great place to stay with a pool and a nice party vibe... Hoi An is one of those places that can really suck you in, and it was definitely an enjoyable stay at Sunflower. a fair 15min walk to the bars and stuff but all in all great facilities and staff

Great hostel/hotel with a v good atmosphere. Staff very helpful and a great location inbetween the beach and the town.

Two things are great about this hostel. The swimmingpool and the breakfast buffet. Staff wasn't friendly, except the ones at the reception. The private room we stayed in was good, security was also very good.

We had a brilliant time in Sunflower Hotel. It is a really social place so if you're a solo traveler, it is a good place to meet people. The private rooms were really comfortable and clean. The inclusive breakfast is really good. The food from the hotel bar is decent too. It's about a 15 minute walk into the center of Hoi An, but it is possible to hire bicycles from outside. Staff were incredible, really friendly and helpful and very accommodating when we wanted to stay longer at short notice.

Great, sociable hostel for backpackers. Only bad thing was I arranged with the hostel for a car to pick me up from the airport when I arrived but one never showed up.

• 2nd Nov 2014

The buffet breakfast was the beat part of my day.

we arrive by motorbike and in one night someone threw the bike to the ground and the security guard saw and helped to put the bike in the same place, but nobody told us anything, we discovered by seeing the damage on the bike and we ask to see the footage of the security camera, they show us and we saw the person that threw the bike but nobody did anything, and the staff was not very nice. for the rest it was good, the people the facilities good value for money, and a great village to visit, bea

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Stayed in 8 bed dorm. Room was nothing special and there weren't enough outlets for everybody to charge their electronics. We thought the atmosphere made up for it, met tons of great people and there was a big pool area and bar to hang out. A little pricey for a hostel but worth it.

• 31st Oct 2014

Ok hostel but could be so much better, communal areas were nice but beds and bathroom did not feel very clean.