Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

Overall a satisfactory stay at sunflower. Paid for a twin room and was given 2 sets of bunk beds. One duvet cover had a plaster stuck to it. There were small lizards living in the bathroom leaving their droppings on both the wall and the floor, which were not cleaned when we arrived or for the duration of our stay. However the free breakfast was very good and they staff at the bar make a very good cocktail!

This hotel runs a free shuttle from the bus station. Its in a good location as its just a 10 minute cycle ride from the town centre. The staff are helpful and the rooms are well maintained (by the cleaners anyway cant say the same for some of the backpackers). Hot water yaaay and a buffet breakfast to die for which is included . The only issue we had was that of an evening we would be ebruptly removed from the bar at 11pm... on the dot Even of xmas eve. Other that I really enjoyed my stay.

Overall a busy buzzy hostel where you can meet lots of fellow young travellers. Just the right location close to the beach and to middle of the city. It was generally pretty clean but the dorm room smelled a bit funky and I didn't have any hot water showering... The buffet breakfast was awesome! Best part of the hostel. There's a bike rental stand next door which is handy for exploring the city.

Had everything you would need in a hostel. Bar is small but still ok. Breakfast is amazing - buffet. They speak good English and are very helpful. Would definitely stay again.

Great hotel, staff are amazing. Location is pretty good but you can rent bikes to get around anywhere anyways. Breakfast is amazing every morning and the bar and lounge areas are nice and relaxing as well.

We booked the most expensive room and it was 4 bunkbeds. The Sheets were dirty, as were the pillow cases. One doona cover had a band-aid on it. In the ensuite there was rat fieces on everything below the windows. For $8 more a night we stayed in a hotel near the city center which was amazing.

• 22nd Dec 2013

Nice hotel! You can meet a lot of backpackers in a great comom area with a bar and a pool... but they havent music... The breakfast is definely the best thing in this hotel! It was the best that I found in all my trip in 4 diferent countries in Asia...

Awesome helpful staff. Great atmosphere, best breakfast in South East Asia. Good bar and good set up for nightlife. Only problem was the ten min walk into town. But that didn't make a difference. The place to go in Hoi an.

When I check in,the staff wasnt helpful just gave me the key. Breakfast is good.

The buffet breakfast makes the stay well worth the money!

would be cool if the hostel could arrange more activities to get people involved

Great place, very nice staff they've been very helpful, we had a great time. We stayed at the private double room which was quite expensive for our budget but was worth it. Amazing breakfast buffe

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Israel

The hostel is good, only the people staying there are not so nice. There is a huge party atmosphere, which is okay, but some backpackers there have no respect for others, only for themselves. There are no 4 bed dorm rooms, only 6 and 8 bed dorm rooms. I was staying in an 8/ bed dorm and at least 4 people came home at 4 a.m., turning on the lights and making noise, every night! But dare you switching on the light at noon. If you want to party and sleep all day, good hostel, if not, better another

They couldnt manage the quantity of people that was arriving at morning. They told me to come back at 12, and when i did it they told to come back 12.30. Bed was dirty and I have to ask them if they could change the blankets. They told me the price is 9$ when i did a reservation for 8$ (i paid 8). My booking was for a room of 4 people, they put me in a room of 6. The bathroom is good, also the beds, breakfast is amazing. Best since i started my trip.

I don't know why this hostel gets such good reviews. The breakfast is good, but other than that the hostel is quite far from the center of the town and the atmosphere is not that great. Don't trust the staff!! I stayed in a 8 bed mixed dorm and paid 8 USD a night, whereas others paid 9 or 10 USD in the same room. When I asked how to get to the train station in Danang, the staff told me that this would be very difficult and cost me approximately 13 UDS. I managed to get there for less than 1 USD.

Sunflower is a little out of the way from the nain centre but renting a bike from the hotel is really easy and really cheap! Would definitely reccommend getting a bike. Also the breakfast s are good pancakes and eggs to order. Didn't touch the pool but I'm sure it would be good when it's sunny.

It's the only hostel in Hoi An (that I found) and has a good breakfast. Rooms are really 6 person dorms and pretty basic. Aren't enough outlets for everyone. Staff was nice but they are a business. If you ask them the cheapest way to the train station or airport they'll say a van through them. (13$) There's a shared shuttle for 80,000 dong through Go Travel Vietnam that they neglect to mention.

Great hostel, staff were super friendly and helpful. A little bit of a walk from the city enter but they offer shuttle service if you don't want to walk. Would definitely recommend for single or group backpackers. Would definitely stay again.

Very good hostel, great breakfast buffet. But the value for money is much better for the double rooms than for the dorms.

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Denmark

Our room door was not locked when we first came. Also, when asked for a hairdryer, we were given a rather dirty one, which broke down in less than 2 minutes.

• 7th Dec 2013