Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

I moved from another hostel to this one to meet more people. It's a big hostel so easy to meet other travellers. Positives: - Sociable party hostel - Swimming pool - Really good breakfast Negatives: - The staff can be a bit hit and miss - I found the cleanliness wasn't great but manageable If you want to be in the action and meet other travellers this is a good bet.

Only stayed here for one night. Nothing was particularly bad about the Sunflower, but make sure to lock your motorbike when parking here. Just a pretty average hostel, but they do offer free breakfast and a decent swimming pool. That being said, it is a good place to meet a lot of other people.

Can get noisy of a night if your room is out the back and the pool is not as nice as it looks on the photos

A good place to stay, with a nice small pool despite building works going on when we stayed here.

Sunflower is a great place to stay if you want to meet people. It is also a great place to go to, even if you stay somewhere else. There is a great breakfast buffet, and people love to spend time on the terrace by the pool. Although, drinks are not that cheap, and the bar closes each night around 1 o'clock, time to move out downtown! Weird things is that there is no control over who enters the hostel. Be careful with the Viet-thugs that hang in front of Sunflower, they are agressive sometimes.

Place to be if you want to be around other travellers

We booked a twin private room and got a room with two large king sized beds! The privat room was clean. The main reason why you should go to this hostel is the atmosphere, people from all hostels are gathering here and drinking beers at the pool. I would recommend this hostel to all the people that would like to meet other travelers.

A great place to stay in Hoi An, it was recommended to me by lots of people I met whilst travelling in Vietnam - I was glad I did. A fantastic place to meet people and socialise generally, the location was a bonus too - between the old town and the beach - it offered the best of both worlds. During my stay I met lots of people who transferred hostels in Hoi An so they could stay here. I would definitely stay there again and was of the best I stayed at in Vietnam.

The hostel can be a pretty awesome party hostel if you're into or a part of the British Invasion. Seriously, the swimming pool is nice, as well as the pool table area and everything, but in order for you to enjoy that you gotta be into springbreak-like partying. But pretty cool place to stay anyways.

You really pay for the fact this is the 'backpacker place to go' in Hoi an it's overpriced for what you get but there is a pool a bar and you do get a banging breakfast included.

This is party central for 20year old backpackers. Environment lovely ...with deep pool, bar on site, breakfast included. Ten minutes walk to the old town and fifteen minutes cycle to cua dai beach, fantastic swimming.

This hostel is perfect for backpackers. We heard about it from everyone we met and I'm so glad we stayed here. You meet so many people and everyone hangs out by the pool by day or the bar by night before heading out. Perfect for meeting people, being on a low budget and the free breakfast buffet is amazing! Definitely recommend staying here. The staff aren't that friendly but it doesn't really affect you because of the atmosphere.

Friendly, helpful staff. bed bugs

• 4th Aug 2014

Good location in between the beaches and downtown. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was ok unless a little bit old but the value was good for the price we paid. The restaurant was excellent, I liked their Thai food specialities. Breakfast was also very fair and perfect for starting the day. Atmosphere was also great, lots of backpackers. It was very busy when we stayed there so check availability in advance! There is also a pool and a bar.

Great breakfast, pretty nice pool, nice rooms and excellent air con. Beds weren't changed in the 6 days we were there. Staff were pretty unfriendly but it didn't affect our stay. Think we were unfortunate in that the crowd who were there at the same time as us weren't particularly pleasant. Luckily there were enough nice people for it not to matter too much

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »