Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

This is a fairly standard (partier) backpackers hostel. When I arrived it was very busy, and I noticed quite a few walk-ins being turned away. If you want a quieter, more out of the way location in Hoi An, pick a homestay. My room also did not have any lockers, so I chose to hold on to my valuables during my day trips. A rather good breakfast buffet is included, which was a nice surprise. The staff were a little abrupt, and if you are scrimping your cash, they were a bit expensive booking a bus.

Nice place for party, but thats it

We loved our stay here, met amazing people and was so social. The breakfasts are good and we took full advantage of the drink deals in the bar! Room was clean and big. Would recommend this hostel if you are looking to meet other people in Hoi An.

Excellent buffet breakfast. Good location between the town and the beach, easy to hire bikes and cycle it. Hoi An is a great little town and I'd definitely stay at Sunflower again.

This is as good as a hostel gets for me. I should declare I stayed in a private room and when I did look in the dorms they did look more crowded. The hostel has everything you could want and a great social scene by the pool. It is half way more or less between the town and the beach so perfect. I planned to stay for 2 days and stayed for 6. The breakfast is a bit special, everyday I had pancakes with honey and banana. The staff out front are great, those in the kitchen can be a bit snappy.

We had a private room, which was very spacious and good. The breakfast was ok. It is a buffet, so that's cool. But the pancakes are cold and there is no yoghurt or muesli or decent fruit juice. The staff is not very attentive. The location is good. Because you can cycle (20.000 dong a day so 1 USD) to the beach and to the city center easily

This is a hotel turned hostel. It has a great buffet breakfast. All the dorm rooms have on suites with baths in! It's a great place to meet people with so many backpackers staying here. It's about 15 minute walk to old town but its very quick to get there by bicycle hired for $1 a day. The bar is cheap to drink and people meet here and then go on to other bars together but the restaurant wasn't so great. But there are 2 good restaurants opposite and next door.

This is really a party hostel! People came home late and started throwing up in the bathroom, there was a lot of noise on the hallway due to drunken people and the light in the room was not working properly so this had to be switched on all night long. When I wanted to check out earlier than I had planned I was greeted by a very unfriendly staffmember who was not understanding in any way. Lockers in the room without locks. Only + with this hotel was the breakfast: thumbs up for good breakfast.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

THE place to stay in Hoi An (for backpackers) as almost every other backpacker is also staying there. We stayed in a superior twin private en suite which was great value for money, there was a huge double bed and one single bed as well as a tv, mini fridge and a bath! There is an extensive free breakfast. Very sociable as there is a large area by the pool with a lot of tables and chairs. Would definitely stay here again but wouldn't recommend for a non-backpacker.

Watched the owner go off property to the bus station and find a guest that had overpaid to return the money she was owed. So incredible. Honest, and met great people there!

The hotel is clean and comfortable but it was our worst experience EVER. The staff at the reception are really nice but staff in the restaurant are not friendly at all and very rude! We (and other people as well!!) got beaten up by a taxi driver in front of the hotel and the security man just stood there, looking at it and DIDN'T do anything! Airconditioning works occasionally but not always. The breakfast is nice, it is a buffet. DO NOT GO HOME AT NIGHT ON A MOTOR BIKE!!

The place is not that clean as it could be and the dorm rooms are small, which means that there's not a lot space for the backpacks. The breakfast is awesome (for a hostel; egg, breat, asian food, pancakes, etc.) and the staff is friendly. Be prepared to stay in a party hostel which means it is very loud. And if you want to store your luggage: there's no room so all backpacks are stored in the lobby.

The pool and backyard bar make this a very easy place to meet new people. The facilities are nice and the free breakfast is decent as well. The major drawback was that pretty much everyone on the staff was cold, unsmiling and unhelpful. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay here very much!

There's a reason this is the most popular spot for punt travellers in hoi an. The best chill out social spot I've been to so far, with a bar lots of seating a swimming pool and billiard table. They let you play your own musi on YouTube so everyone can hear their stuff! Friendly helpful staff, clean rooms, great free breakfast with Asian food, omelettes and pancakes and fruit. 100%!

The dorm room was really dirty. The staff was rude when we checked in, after that they where nice. It is more a party hostel, all the people are going out after 11 pm when the bar is closeing. The breakfast is amazing, huge buffet and the food is really good. Sunflower is located out of town. Overall it was okay.

Very noisy hostel with a lot of backpackers looking to party (so very sociable) but dirty bathrooms. Some of the staff are rude but some are really helpful. Bring mozzie spray - the rooms are full of them.

Good place to stay for a night or two. Excellent breakfast, nice and clean rooms and showers. They advertised happy hour, buy one get one free cocktail but the bar was mainly closed in the evening and the only thing you could get was beer at the reception.

Not a real backpacker hostel. Breakfast is big but not really good. Bathroom and bed good. Awefull staff. Unhelpfull, rude. At night there was nobody at the reception which means passports and keys were left unattended and we took ours. We changed places after one night

Not much interaction with staff, but great pool and bar area to meet other travellers. Don't be fooled by the 'pool and garden' views as these are only available in the deluxe double rooms! Clean rooms with towels. A bit of a walk into Hoi An, but great to hire bikes from just outside. This is the place to stay when in Hoi An!

Where all the backpackers stay. Great place to meet other travellers. Inbetween the town and beach but it's an easy bike ride to both. Would definitely stay here again. I met people here that I met up with again throughout my trip.