The Bowery House Reviews

220 Bowery, New York, USA

The rooms are way to small. It was hard to sleep because I couldn't fully extend my legs (I'm 6 feet tall).

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Slovenia

Excellent location! Very small rooms (cabins) and not suitable for tall people over 175cm! Very clean. A nice place if you are going to spend mist of your time out.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Sweden

I am only 1.6m tall, so I had a very comfy stay and I really liked the atmosphere.

I loved staying here. The location is literally where Chinatown/Soho/Noho/Greenwich/East Village all cross. Walking to anything in this part of lower Manhattan is incredibly convenient. Want to go to Midtown or Upper Manhattan??.. no problem - the train you need is about 5 min walk. They have 24hr security and always an additional 1 or 2 people at the check in desk. Also, the place wasn't too busy so I was able to be in a bunk room all by myself! It was plenty warm and everyone was really nice.

• 27th Jan 2015

Awesome location! Nice bathrooms! The rest is pretty average. Cabins are pretty much like sleeping in a dorm room as you can hear everything. Overpriced but i guess thats NYC for you.

Great location, short walk from the subway. Hostel was nice and clean. Some staff were great and useful, others were to busy watching videos on YouTube to greet you. The hostel is very secure, you have to leave your key on receiption if you are going out for any reason. Watch out if your in room 412, The air conditioning directly above you. Causing you will wake up with dry lips and bugs being blown out of it. Roof top garden was nice, giving you a nice view over New York, but was always empty.