University of Toronto New College Residences Reviews

40 Willcocks Street, Toronto, Canada

Great option for budget Toronto downtown experience. I am U of T alumnus and stayed with my son visiting. Will return in future. Parking is a bit of a drag, best with no car if possible. Public transportation is top-notch.

• 16th Aug 2014

This was just a normal college dorm and perfect if you like privecy! I normally like a more communal feel but this was just fine!

• 27th Jun 2014

Excellent Location, Excellent Value.

• 21st Jun 2014

In general an economical option in the centre of Toronto. The room was a little cool at night due to central air but if you block some of the vents you can regulate it.

• 17th Jun 2014

Had a great stay. The staff was super accommodating; they helped me out when I left my key in my friends car, letting me in for the night instead of forcing me to get a new key knowing I'd be able to get it back the next night. The room was secure, and the location was great... easy to catch street cars on spadina or stroll down to college street. It was affordable for a private room located so centrally. Rooms were a little austere, and no hostel atmosphere. Private, if not lonely in the dorms.

• 13th Jun 2014

Great staff and always clean when I used the bathroom and shower facilities the only bad thing was that there was a school group that was loud that stayed for one night but security calmed them down by 10.30pm

It was very noisy outside on the street one evening it seemed a number of drunk students were outside and one could not sleep and some of them later on in the early morning hours came to their rooms on our floor and it was load and no one intervened the noise even though staff was at the front desk (which I enquired about the following day when I mentioned it and asked why no one stopped this)! I would stay there again because of the low price but feel that any noise issues need to be addressed.

• 6th Jun 2014

Well done! =)

It is a basic but clean accommodation and not too far from the downtown. It takes 20 minutes on foot. Nearby there are some good shops, supermarkets, bars and restaurants. Would use this place again!

staff was accommodating. room was clean. everyone was friendly. price was great.

• 31st May 2014

I went to Toronto for 2 nights and that was well worth it to stay at University of Toronto dorms.

• 30th May 2014

This is not like a hostel, so it is not a very social place. That being said, it was safe, and just what I needed for one night in Toronto!

The bed was uncomfortable and the sheets were exceptionally scratch. The walls and floor of the room needed a good scrubbing. Excellent location and staff was super friendly.

Good location, really cheap, but I didn't had access to Internet in my room even with the cable.

• 23rd May 2014

I was unaware of the approximately $125.00 key deposit. It would have been nice to know prior to arrival.

• 17th May 2014

Amazing location ! It's a university dorm so nothing like a hostel so I say this is the best in toronto! Key cards to get in Huge communal washrooms and showers Vendor machines Option of breakfast And location and price is the best!!!!!!

Parking is such a pain for people who own a car. Conflicting information was given on the parking situation around campus. Washrooms are located far from the rooms and aren't clean.

• 16th May 2014
  • Singapore

It's basic but a decent place to stay for a short time.

Great value if you want a single room. Nothing fancy but does the job. Lovely neighbourhood and close enough to all major sights. Tram just outside the door connects directly to the Subway a few blocks up the road and you'll get door to door from the airport in just over an hour for 3 dollars. Good restaurants nearby.

While I stayed there food would go missing out of the fridge. There was also people sleeping in the common room that didn't belong there.