University of Toronto New College Residences Reviews

40 Willcocks Street, Toronto, Canada

Clean, quiet, has everything you need. Not the height of luxury, but certainly at least the equal of my undergrad accommodation, so perfectly comfortable. As with all university residences, the front desk staff know *everything* and were friendly and helpful.

• 16th Jun 2015

Comfortable (I was alone in room for two) and quiet. Best value for that price. And I like academical surroundings UofT.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Slovenia

Slightly over priced for what it is.

• 12th Jun 2015

The Residence was just about what I expected for the price, however the only thing I did not like was that my door was very heavy and I could not close it quietly when I would leave the room. The door would stick and in order for me to close it, I would have to pull hard and it would make a loud, reverberating bang.

30 minute walk from the cn tower and casa Loma. Right next to the museum. Beautiful campus. Dorms were average and very secure. Friendly staff. Not a social environment. Communal bathrooms on each floor.

• 6th Jun 2015

Pros: if you do not have a car, it is the best location. Security is very good. Cheap Cons: No parking and you have to pay a lot for parking in the street. You are not able to control air conditioning (room was freezing). Blanket was dirty. Mattress and bed are very poor quality. Restrooms are not very clean. I could smell weed at night from other rooms. very noisy at night because the bed is located right by the door. Elevator was not working. no printer. staff are not the most helpful.

I think the reception staff (older lady) wasn't rude but could have been a bit more personal. Other guests were loud at unsocial hours and I couldn't call the front desk because the phone in my room was broken

Although the hostel is generally quiet, the halls are pretty echoey which makes it hard to sleep since you can hear whenever anyone on your floor opens or closes their door. Luckily, we had ear plugs!

• 26th May 2015
  • Egypt

These are just dorms that you can use for the summer. Clean, and cheap. Not much of a backpacker atmosphere, and difficult to meet people. The location is fantastic, easy on public transport and walking the city. The Athletic center is actually $20 per visit, or $55 for a week. Staying at the hostel gives you no discount over anyone walking in off the street would get. Gym facilities are nice, but not sure this qualifies as a "small fee".

All good but the room was dirty when i get in and never cleaned during the whole week, and there aren't any stuff to do it by myself. More cleaning and it will be perfect

• 14th May 2015

This residence is in a great location. Very close to Chinatown, the Annex, Yorkville, and on U of T Campus. It is also close to public transportation so it doesn't take long to get anywhere. Staff was very nice. The rooms were clean but the linens were only o.k. (dingy) I also found the rooms cold. The residence does not have a hostel feel, if you're looking for that kind of atmosphere then I suggest using a more traditional hostel. I wanted a quiet space though, so this was perfect.

Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The place felt very secure and safe. Lighting was a bit dim in the bedroom. Sometimes it felt a little noisy at night when guests were returning. Subway stop not far away and plenty of cafés/shops nearby. The bedroom and toilet/shower facilities were clean; however toilets could be a long way from the room!