Vanderbilt YMCA Reviews

224 East 47th St., NY 10017, New York, USA

What a fantastic hostel, all the staff were helpful, patient and friendly. I only stayed a night, but I wish I could have stayed more. They have great facilities right onsite and the room I had was so good, bed, air-con, desk, mirror, tv and a closet! Kinda couldn't believe it wasn't a hotel! I'd love to go back and stay again one day!

El único inconveniente que tuve fue con el wifi: en principio, no pude realizar llamadas por Skype o WhatsApp ya que tenían algún sistema que limitaba esto. Si podíamos mandar mensajes de texto o voz, sin embargo, se cortaba la conexión bastante seguido. Otra cuestión a tener en cuenta es que si uno enchufa el aire acondicionado, debe desenchufar la tv (un solo toma en ese lugar, dos sería ideal). Mover la tv para enchufarla en otros enchufes disponibles, complica la visión desde la cama.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

Great little spot if you run out of options. It i clean and reasonably priced, the staff are very helpful and can accommodate most needs.

1. More than 30 minutes to wait for the check standing in a line. There were only 2 clerks, not nearly enough. 2. The hostel messed up my reservation, made 2 month earlier, saying it was not in that location. My confirmation page said it was there. So they gave me and my parents rooms in different floors, on the opposite sides of the restrooms. 3. When we entered my parents' room there was still a guest inside the room!!! 4. Only 2 restrooms for women per floor (at least 30 rooms).

Excellent location, but hostel quite dirty. Nothing unthinkable, just some spots on the sheets and room quite dusty. Awesome facilities.

Nous avons séjourné une nuit dans cette auberge pour retrouver des amis qui travaille à New York. Nous n'avons passé qu'une courte nuit dans la chambre. Le chauffage était bruyant mais le rapport qualité prix et plutôt bon.

• 11th Apr 2015

Security was good; they were strict about showing your room key to the guard. Location is a 5 min walk to Grand Central, 10 min for a group. Staff friendly and professional. Atmosphere very cosmopolitan, lots of British kids, Australian school groups in uniform, smattering of Middle Eastern folks. Cleanliness of bathrooms good, considering how big the place is. Value good, just a necessary place to sleep. Didn't use the gym stuff but it looks nice; was out seeing NYC.

• 8th Apr 2015

It was wonderful experience for me to stay at Vanderbilt YMCA in New York, USA. Being a delegate of United Nation Conference its location makes me easier not only to be at UN HQ in time also approachable to every important lacation of New York City..Would like to stay in future .

• 6th Mar 2015
  • India

I didn't love the hostel. The heating made weird loud noises throughout the night which kept me awake. There were only two toilets on the level I was on. I found it hard to open the door to the showers, which were hard to operate. I thought some staff were friendly but others not so much. I burnt my arm on the pipe of the heater near the shower, and it is still healing over a week later. I was very frustrated by some completely normal websites being blocked on the internet.

• 14th Feb 2015