Vanderbilt YMCA Reviews

224 East 47th St., NY 10017, New York, USA

No privacy in the shower areaarea ! Other Ys have individual shower stalls with curtains ! No Guest permitted upstairs......policy is Victorian !

• 31st Aug 2015

Galera, eu realmente ficaria de novo neste hostel, pois está muito bem localizado. Porém, não esperem luxo do lugar. São quartos e mobílias bem simples, mas que atendem a necessidade de quem apenas busca um local para dormir e descansar. Eu voltaria sozinho, mas não levaria a família comigo.

• 16th Aug 2015

Great location! Rooms are small, as pictures show. Mine smelled bad.

Great location in midtown east nyc. About as low a price as you could ever hope to find. Recommend staying here.

• 11th Aug 2015

Some rooms are nicer than others. Security seems good, which is important in nyc. Cleanliness ok. I didn't use the gym, but that would be a major plus. Looks like a great gym. The line at the desk to check in and out was the only complaint. It took forever, and that's without a lot of other people in line. There seems to be zero sense of urgency at that desk. If there was a big line, it's not hard to imagine being there 30-45 minutes or more. Overall good value & great to support the YMCA.

• 11th Aug 2015

Perfecto para un hostal y si no importa compartir baños.

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Spain

I'm satisfied from the location and this is the most reasonable price you could get in New York in this good location

Overall I had a great stay. The rooms are small, but have the essentials needed, even mini-frigs, a rare find in hostels. The showers were okay, but the women's restroom 6th floor had black mold on the ceiling of the shower, I never used it again after seeing that. The water pressure was okay in some, low in others. They took a while to warm up. Overall though the hostel served its purpose well.

• 21st Jul 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at the Vanderbilt YMCA read some not so great reviews before my stay here and I found most of them to be inaccurate. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was a 17 minute walk to time square (I personally didn't think this was too far) and less than 10 minutes to the subway. My room was clean as were the bathrooms (only 2 toilets and 2 showers on my floor per ladies room which was a little tricky at times). Great facilities (swimming pool and gym!)

• 14th Jul 2015

I truly en joyed the fact that I could work out. The hostels was amazing: great location, price, wonderful staff. Next time I am in NYC, this is where I will stay.

What a fantastic hostel, all the staff were helpful, patient and friendly. I only stayed a night, but I wish I could have stayed more. They have great facilities right onsite and the room I had was so good, bed, air-con, desk, mirror, tv and a closet! Kinda couldn't believe it wasn't a hotel! I'd love to go back and stay again one day!

El único inconveniente que tuve fue con el wifi: en principio, no pude realizar llamadas por Skype o WhatsApp ya que tenían algún sistema que limitaba esto. Si podíamos mandar mensajes de texto o voz, sin embargo, se cortaba la conexión bastante seguido. Otra cuestión a tener en cuenta es que si uno enchufa el aire acondicionado, debe desenchufar la tv (un solo toma en ese lugar, dos sería ideal). Mover la tv para enchufarla en otros enchufes disponibles, complica la visión desde la cama.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

Great little spot if you run out of options. It i clean and reasonably priced, the staff are very helpful and can accommodate most needs.

1. More than 30 minutes to wait for the check standing in a line. There were only 2 clerks, not nearly enough. 2. The hostel messed up my reservation, made 2 month earlier, saying it was not in that location. My confirmation page said it was there. So they gave me and my parents rooms in different floors, on the opposite sides of the restrooms. 3. When we entered my parents' room there was still a guest inside the room!!! 4. Only 2 restrooms for women per floor (at least 30 rooms).

Excellent location, but hostel quite dirty. Nothing unthinkable, just some spots on the sheets and room quite dusty. Awesome facilities.

Nous avons séjourné une nuit dans cette auberge pour retrouver des amis qui travaille à New York. Nous n'avons passé qu'une courte nuit dans la chambre. Le chauffage était bruyant mais le rapport qualité prix et plutôt bon.

• 11th Apr 2015

Security was good; they were strict about showing your room key to the guard. Location is a 5 min walk to Grand Central, 10 min for a group. Staff friendly and professional. Atmosphere very cosmopolitan, lots of British kids, Australian school groups in uniform, smattering of Middle Eastern folks. Cleanliness of bathrooms good, considering how big the place is. Value good, just a necessary place to sleep. Didn't use the gym stuff but it looks nice; was out seeing NYC.

• 8th Apr 2015

It was wonderful experience for me to stay at Vanderbilt YMCA in New York, USA. Being a delegate of United Nation Conference its location makes me easier not only to be at UN HQ in time also approachable to every important lacation of New York City..Would like to stay in future .

• 6th Mar 2015