Woodquay Hostel Galway City Reviews

23/24 Woodquay, Galway, Ireland

Wasn't the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The beds were very close together, and only came with a small locker, not big enough to put your bag. There was also a lack of outlets in the room, and while there was a sink, there was no mirror. The location also wasn't the best (far away) and there were a lot of drunk men walking around - not the safest for a girl alone! The showers were freezing as well. However, the bar fun and I met lots of wonderful people, and free breakfast was decent also.

Pffft. Take 10 of my rating. I don't know how this place is a hostel. We arrived and had to wait 1 hour because someone couldn't read the computer. So we got our room eventually. We had no hot water. "Breakfast". Is tea and coffee. Yeah. I stayed here the night before. After trekking for 4 days. Couldn't even have a shower.

I was nervous coming here when I read reviews but I gave it a try anyways. Everything was fine except the lack of wifi. And the next morning, one particular young staff member was very rude to me. But other than that it was good for the price I paid.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We're sorry to hear that a member of staff was rude to you. We pride ourselves on giving a warm welcome to all our international travellers and will look into this complaint. All the best on your future travels Woodquay Hostel

The only problem was the cleanliness... The sheets smell bad, I don't think they wash them , actually am sure... i tried all the blanket in the room and it all smelled really bad. The sheet are not clean....... that's a pity because I was really happy for other things ...

• 24th Apr 2015

One of the worst hostels I have ever stayed in. Ever! Rude staff, weird long term guests, the room smelled really badly of dirty feet and rancid clothes. When checking in, no word about the house, facilities, Galway or even when to check out, Security is basically non existent cause staff doesn't care who walks in, no lockers available. There is even a dorm that the staff have to walk through to get to the staff room. Toilets: disgusting. And in general, old, badly kept house. AVOID AT ALL COST

Awful, toilets didn't flush, showers didn't work and my friend and I slept slim mattresses where you called feel the springs under the trundle!! Very poor and wouldn't stay there again.....

• 16th Mar 2015

The showers didn't work, and the toilets didn't flush. Also no toilet paper. Would not stay here again.

• 16th Mar 2015

Only one working plug in the 8-bed dorm, poorly equipped kitchen, negligent staff.

• 16th Mar 2015

do not choose if u do not have to

They had no record of our booking, and upon us explaining and showing the confirmation the staff gave us a room that wasn't what we paid for.

The bedding smelled as if it hadn't been cleaned on 2 of the bunks and the shower temperature was very sporadic and variable but other than that it was a good night! I'll definitely be recommending it for college groups like ours again

• 6th Feb 2015

Personally I like to avail of lockers when I hostel-around.....and perhaps in this case the availability of an internet computer ready kiosk or café...

The staff was nice but they could make make bigger effort to explain basic things because now needed to ask myself that for example is there breakfast, when is check out and they did´t introduce the hostel where is kitchen etc.

Very simple facilities, no soap, the drain was clogged. The towel was full of fluffs. Price is good, though.