Woodquay Hostel Galway City Reviews

23/24 Woodquay, Galway, Ireland

do not choose if u do not have to

They had no record of our booking, and upon us explaining and showing the confirmation the staff gave us a room that wasn't what we paid for.

The bedding smelled as if it hadn't been cleaned on 2 of the bunks and the shower temperature was very sporadic and variable but other than that it was a good night! I'll definitely be recommending it for college groups like ours again

• 6th Feb 2015

Personally I like to avail of lockers when I hostel-around.....and perhaps in this case the availability of an internet computer ready kiosk or café...

The staff was nice but they could make make bigger effort to explain basic things because now needed to ask myself that for example is there breakfast, when is check out and they did´t introduce the hostel where is kitchen etc.

Very simple facilities, no soap, the drain was clogged. The towel was full of fluffs. Price is good, though.

Dedicated staff, clean beds, old but average toilets. Only problem is the kitchen that closes after 10/11pm. Ehiii italians and spanish eat late!! =)

• 15th Nov 2014

The hostel has a great location.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

The hostel is very well located, close to the center and places to see. The stuff could be more friendly and welcoming. They were kind of grumpy, bored and annoyed. The kitchen was clean, shower could improve. The hallway was very smelly (smoke)! However if i visit Galway again, which is very likely to happen as it is a great city, i could consider staying there again: because of the price and location!

When staying at the Woodquay Hostel I wasn't expecting much. The total cost was only €11.99. Upstairs in the room the floor hadn't been swept in a long time. That wasn't the worst. The door only had one hinge attached so you could push it open pretty far. The beds were really hard. In the shower room there was a black widow above one shower & some of it's babies above the other.I tried to ignore them while getting into the very dirty shower & when I grabbed my stuff from the hook a bee flew out

• 9th Sep 2014