Woodquay Hostel Galway City Reviews

23/24 Woodquay, Galway, Ireland

Firstly there continues to be ongoing loss of guests' food and personal belongings ,I cannot understand why the owner cannot have bedside lockers for guests to lock up their belongings.Even when compared to other hostels such as nimos ,or salmon weir which have no luggage room and bedside lockers the level of guests losing their belongings especially after the rooms are cleaned is alarming.While the owner is polite her cleaner and security man are rude.

Good for budget travellers

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Great place! Nice people.

• 20th Jun 2015

Galway is small enough to walk everywhere so location is close but not right by the square or main strip. This is the first hostel in Galway, 180 years old, so it had a lot of charm. The staff was helpful, you could tell they love their city and are eager to share with visitors.

Very friendly & helpful. Thanks!

Good value for money. Well situated and clean.

• 4th Jun 2015

I gave the poor on cleanliness because there is visible mold and mildew several places in the hostel. I did enjoy the location and kitchen though.

Rooms and toilets were not clean at all. Rooms : bins full, dirty floor. Toilets : very dirty. The price was high for the hygien (no hygien in rooms and toilets). Landlady not very nice (compare to others hostels).

Pffft. Take 10 of my rating. I don't know how this place is a hostel. We arrived and had to wait 1 hour because someone couldn't read the computer. So we got our room eventually. We had no hot water. "Breakfast". Is tea and coffee. Yeah. I stayed here the night before. After trekking for 4 days. Couldn't even have a shower.

I was nervous coming here when I read reviews but I gave it a try anyways. Everything was fine except the lack of wifi. And the next morning, one particular young staff member was very rude to me. But other than that it was good for the price I paid.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We're sorry to hear that a member of staff was rude to you. We pride ourselves on giving a warm welcome to all our international travellers and will look into this complaint. All the best on your future travels Woodquay Hostel

The only problem was the cleanliness... The sheets smell bad, I don't think they wash them , actually am sure... i tried all the blanket in the room and it all smelled really bad. The sheet are not clean....... that's a pity because I was really happy for other things ...

• 24th Apr 2015

One of the worst hostels I have ever stayed in. Ever! Rude staff, weird long term guests, the room smelled really badly of dirty feet and rancid clothes. When checking in, no word about the house, facilities, Galway or even when to check out, Security is basically non existent cause staff doesn't care who walks in, no lockers available. There is even a dorm that the staff have to walk through to get to the staff room. Toilets: disgusting. And in general, old, badly kept house. AVOID AT ALL COST

Awful, toilets didn't flush, showers didn't work and my friend and I slept slim mattresses where you called feel the springs under the trundle!! Very poor and wouldn't stay there again.....

• 16th Mar 2015

The showers didn't work, and the toilets didn't flush. Also no toilet paper. Would not stay here again.

Only one working plug in the 8-bed dorm, poorly equipped kitchen, negligent staff.

• 16th Mar 2015

do not choose if u do not have to

They had no record of our booking, and upon us explaining and showing the confirmation the staff gave us a room that wasn't what we paid for.

The bedding smelled as if it hadn't been cleaned on 2 of the bunks and the shower temperature was very sporadic and variable but other than that it was a good night! I'll definitely be recommending it for college groups like ours again

• 6th Feb 2015

Personally I like to avail of lockers when I hostel-around.....and perhaps in this case the availability of an internet computer ready kiosk or café...

The staff was nice but they could make make bigger effort to explain basic things because now needed to ask myself that for example is there breakfast, when is check out and they did´t introduce the hostel where is kitchen etc.