Woodquay Hostel Galway City Reviews

23/24 Woodquay, Galway, Ireland

Showers and toilets were really dirty, disgusting.

They told us they didn't have private room for two, althought we had a reservation, and they sent us to a guest house. The woman in the guest house was very nice, but that is not the point, is it?

Beds very clean and staff couldn't have been nicer. The 4 bed dorm which we booked was so small that when you entered the room you had to get into bed because there was nowhere else to go. If the room had been a bit bigger it would have made a big difference.

• 29th Jul 2014

It was a real disappointment! A breakfast realllllly light. Only bread (and it was rotten!) and sugar with insects. The woman was really anthipathic. I don't want to go back in this hostel. There are only 2 bathrooms for the hole hostel.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Julie was a charm, great location and though we only spent one evening may pop back again next year for the arts fest.

The staff were very friendly and the hostel is in a good location but the hostel is dirty. Went to bed to wake up in the middle of the night to find that the bedcover was stuck to my nipple by chewing gum and someone had used the bunkbed ladders as ashtrays.

• 19th Jul 2014

it was just a hostel.. not that good not that bad... but my room was smelly and my bed wasn't clean :( but compare to value for money,,, it was just so-so

• 16th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

decent locate but a it of a walk from the bus/train station. no lockers but didn't feel insecure at all during my stay. there are a few long term people there which is a bit of a downer but not a problem for me. good atmosphere otherwise for meeting travellers. east to organise tours to the cliffs/conemmara through the hostel for good price

I was very happy with my stay at Woodquay Hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean & there was a communal room. If I could highlight negatives; I was slightly worried that anyone could walk in the front door at night. I appreciate the rooms are locked but maybe the front door should be locked & residents given a key? Also, the moving about of people from room to room mid-stay is really not on. A better system is needed. I would stay again & that's the real test.

• 11th Jul 2014

Nothing special.

An amazing hostel. Great people. It almost felt like you were part of the family! Would definitely stay again.

Great place, close to everything? Good bathrooms, breakfast included.

• 17th May 2014
  • Venezuela

One of the ladies that worked the desk at the hostel was absolutely wonderful. She shared all of her knowlegde of Galway with us and helped us with any questions we had about the city. She was by far the nicest lady we dealt with during our 2 weeks in Ireland at hostels. I would highly recommend this hostel for anyone. Great location and clean.

• 20th Apr 2014

I did not enjoy my stay at this hostel at all. The sheets in the bed were dirty, the door from the room was broken and it opened on its own. There was a big group of teenagers that kept making noise without anyone from the hostel telling them to keep the volume down. The room and toilets were cold and the breakfast poor

Unfriendly staff. Terrible security.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

This hostel is absolutely lovely, tiny, home-atmosphere and manager is very very nice, helpfull. Quiet, close to city centre. Absolutely recomded!