Woodquay Hostel Galway City Reviews

23/24 Woodquay, Galway, Ireland

Dedicated staff, clean beds, old but average toilets. Only problem is the kitchen that closes after 10/11pm. Ehiii italians and spanish eat late!! =)

• 15th Nov 2014

The hostel has a great location.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

The hostel is very well located, close to the center and places to see. The stuff could be more friendly and welcoming. They were kind of grumpy, bored and annoyed. The kitchen was clean, shower could improve. The hallway was very smelly (smoke)! However if i visit Galway again, which is very likely to happen as it is a great city, i could consider staying there again: because of the price and location!

When staying at the Woodquay Hostel I wasn't expecting much. The total cost was only €11.99. Upstairs in the room the floor hadn't been swept in a long time. That wasn't the worst. The door only had one hinge attached so you could push it open pretty far. The beds were really hard. In the shower room there was a black widow above one shower & some of it's babies above the other.I tried to ignore them while getting into the very dirty shower & when I grabbed my stuff from the hook a bee flew out

• 9th Sep 2014

Showers and toilets were really dirty, disgusting.

They told us they didn't have private room for two, althought we had a reservation, and they sent us to a guest house. The woman in the guest house was very nice, but that is not the point, is it?

Beds very clean and staff couldn't have been nicer. The 4 bed dorm which we booked was so small that when you entered the room you had to get into bed because there was nowhere else to go. If the room had been a bit bigger it would have made a big difference.

• 29th Jul 2014

It was a real disappointment! A breakfast realllllly light. Only bread (and it was rotten!) and sugar with insects. The woman was really anthipathic. I don't want to go back in this hostel. There are only 2 bathrooms for the hole hostel.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Julie was a charm, great location and though we only spent one evening may pop back again next year for the arts fest.

The staff were very friendly and the hostel is in a good location but the hostel is dirty. Went to bed to wake up in the middle of the night to find that the bedcover was stuck to my nipple by chewing gum and someone had used the bunkbed ladders as ashtrays.

• 19th Jul 2014

it was just a hostel.. not that good not that bad... but my room was smelly and my bed wasn't clean :( but compare to value for money,,, it was just so-so

• 16th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

decent locate but a it of a walk from the bus/train station. no lockers but didn't feel insecure at all during my stay. there are a few long term people there which is a bit of a downer but not a problem for me. good atmosphere otherwise for meeting travellers. east to organise tours to the cliffs/conemmara through the hostel for good price

I was very happy with my stay at Woodquay Hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean & there was a communal room. If I could highlight negatives; I was slightly worried that anyone could walk in the front door at night. I appreciate the rooms are locked but maybe the front door should be locked & residents given a key? Also, the moving about of people from room to room mid-stay is really not on. A better system is needed. I would stay again & that's the real test.

• 11th Jul 2014

Nothing special.

An amazing hostel. Great people. It almost felt like you were part of the family! Would definitely stay again.