2kronor Hostel - Vasastan Reviews

Surbrunnsgatan 44, Stockholm, Sweden

Good lokation. A nice, helping and loving staff in the reception. A great welcome to the Hostel. I like it very much. Clean areas. Lovely atmosphere. You get much for the Money. I really recomend it.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Our stay at 2kronor hostel was pleasant! The atmosphere was good, it was easy to get to know other travellers which we really liked! We had the impression that there wasn't enough staff for managing the whole hostel so sometimes things took a bit longer. We always got help if we needed sth though. Another negative point is that it doesn't say that you have to bring your own bed sheets (or rent them for extra money). It would be important to let people know in advance.

Friendly staff, clean, convenient, and good value. The only downside is that some of the street-side rooms can be a little noisy with windows open in the summer.

• 25th Jul 2015

The hostel was perfect to visit Stockholm. All the facilities were clean and practical. The only problem was the number of toilets. It can sometimes be a problem, in particular in the morning, but I understand that it would be hard to add more toilets.

You are right, it is not easy to modify such an old and characteristic building, rules and regulations makes it very limited to add more toilets, but normally it is not a problem. Hope to see you back in 2kronor!

Nice, cosy place with a good atmosphere!

• 23rd Jul 2015

Thanks for contributing to the good atmosphere! It is created together with all our lovely guests.

The Hotel is very well situated and the handing over of the key was very well organized although we came late at night. Since the reception is not open all day long it makes the stay a little anonymous. We had a room without window and had to pay extra for the sheets. This stay will not last for long in my memory!

My bed was so very comfortable. I would recommend the hostel based on that alone. Nothing like a good bed. But there is more to offer, like the fact there are enough showers and toilets to never have to wait for one to be free. I had to check in after hours and it wasn't a problem. A++ would stay again.

A++ rating make our hearts warm! Warm welcome back next time in Stockholm!

I stayed in a two bed private withy girlfriend. The room was very clean and wasn't too small. The hostel had a modern feel with rustic architecture. The staff was very nice and helpful. We were in a good location and we were able to walk to the old town and many other fun areas. It isn't a place to be very social and meet other travelers. There were families and older travelers staying there. Overall, we had a good stay at 2kroner and would recommend it to others looking for a clean, quiet stay

• 20th Jul 2015

I'm so happy to read such reviews! The obective of 2kronor Hostel is provide everything you describe and appreciate. And our purpose is to provide a quiet stay, our guests explore the town and party in the city and rest at the hostel.

I think this was the best hostel I have ever stayed in, atleast in terms of cleanliness, location and facilities. I really recommend this to anyone coming to Stockhol.

Thanks for your strong recommendation! Hopefully we will see you or your friends at 2rkonor Hostel in the future.

I really liked this hostel. The best part was the atmosphere, like a vintage home, well-decorated with really ancient stone walls and a great vibe. The staff was really nice, too. About a 25-minute walk (or super quick cab) to/from the central station downtown---great location. Key cards for the rooms make you feel safe, and people there were really nice.

Thanks for your kind words!

Positive: Very good WiFi connection, friendly staff, convenient location. Negative: No staff at reception in the evenings. Second night was very noisy due to a group that was planning to go out partying. There was a lot of door slamming, which I thought was very inconsiderate of others trying to sleep because they might have an early start the next day. Fortunately, I told the lady at the reception the next day and she promised to talk to the group in question. Next night was much quieter.

The Good: Great showers, very quiet (if you like that), kitchen, washer/dryer, provides lots of toiletries The Bad: Internet connection is terribly slow, times out and doesn't work in all the rooms, the staff is only there 8 hours/day, not the most social crowd, and the location was not good enough to warrant the cost If you want to be social and use the Internet, stay elsewhere. If you need some time to think in Stockholm and you're on a budget, this is the place for you.

Internet should work OK now, we have had both our IT guy and the service provider to adjust our settings in order to distribute bandwidth efficiently.

Pretty good hostel located some 20 min walking from the old town (or 2 metro stops). It's a quite and clean place. Not much of the young atmosphere though. The lady who stays at the reception is kind, helpful and friendly. The only bad thing is that they charge for using of the bed linens which is usually included.

I'm glad that you liked our hostel. With regards to bed linen I beleive there are differencies between countries, In Sweden and Stockholm I would say it is never included. Rather that having higher prices we allow the guest to choose to bring their own bed linen to save costs.

Nice hostel Good rooms. Not the most social hostel with a strange basement common room... But I still met some good people. Nice staff, good facilities.

My sister and I had a nice private room that had really nice windows. Superb hostel kitchen as well.

• 12th Jul 2015

Yep. This hostel was one of my favorite! Friendly staff and good vibe

• 12th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Thanks for letting is be on your favourite list! And thanks that you are being a part of the "good vibe"!

This is the cleanest and most well thought out hostel I've ever been to! I loved that I stayed here for 6 nights, and I'm glad I picked this hostel. The top bunk beds have a little basket for you to put your things in so they don't fall over, and each bed has its own small night light so you don't disturb the other people. The kitchen is also well-stocked with everything you need for cooking, and there are 3 refridgerators for all the guests to use! Definitely lots of space and storage.

Wow! What a nice review for us. I will pass your words to our staff! It will definitely keep us "running"!

Staff didn't really have any tips for things to do around town.a little far from city centre, Gamla Stan, etc. but the walk is definitely manageable and there is transit nearby. No real socializing atmosphere. Not good for solo travelling. The hostel itself was really well kept though

• 11th Jul 2015

Not sure what really happened. Normally our reception staff are full ideas and advices what is going on and what to do!

Thank You very match for your concern! Thanks to you we had a good time

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Ukraine

You are so welcome back!

What can I say, it is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The rooms are not very big but have beautiful decoration, the beds are really clean and comfy. We had some problems with the rooms but the staff was very friendly and helped us solving everything even after the reception hours. The kitchen is brilliant, including microwave, cooking plate, fridge and dishwasher and there are enough dishes available so one doesn't need to use its own. Thumbs up!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4