2kronor Hostel - Vasastan Reviews

Surbrunnsgatan 44, Stockholm, Sweden

Good location and comfortable rooms, the guy at the reception was very nice and happy to help. Overall positive experience.

friendly staff, rent bicycles, location close city centre. - noisy ( large street

• 8th Aug 2014

I didn't expect much and I did not get more than expected. However, I must say I had a very tiny room where it was impossible to open a window. Of course there was no air conditionning and these were the warmest days of the year. Add to the stuffy little room the vicinity and the noise of the floor's toilets and I could barely sleep at all during the night.

• 4th Aug 2014

I think you are stretching the truth a little bit now. You stayed in Room 5 which has a rather large window which can easily be opened. But you are right, we don't have air-condition and you stayed in a very warm period. Normally A/C is not needed in these northern parts of Europe, it is the other way around.....

The stay there was definitely worth it. The staff was very helpful at all times. This hostel is very well placed, close to subway and train. The atmosphere is very international and relaxed. All the facilities are in top condition.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Portugal

THANKS for your nice words! I'm glad that you liked your stay. Welcome back some other time!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Only critiscism really is that there wasn't a shower on each floor so we had to travel up and down the stairs each time.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

You stayed on the only floor without a shower (only toilet), sorry! But at least you got some leg training I guess....

It is a family- hostel so it has no 24 hours reception.I didn't like it cause you can't ask questions all the time and I felt kind of unsafe.The dorm was ok,just a little bit to small.The lockers were to small as well.The kitchen was dirty and not so good equiped.The eating room was like a café but without windows.The bathrooms were ok.Big showers but not enough toilets.

nice place, but very quiet. Would stay again, but keep in mind it is not for people looking for parties

This was the firs time I ever stayed into a Hostel... the experience was great. I felt safe and the rooms and WC was clean.

• 5th Jul 2014

Staff were friendly. Main complaint is no TV in the room.

Clean, calm, well furnished place. Friendly staff in a well located point in Stockholm. Totally recommend.

• 28th Jun 2014

Had a great stay, beds were really comfy and the facilities in the kitchen are great, mind the steep stairs! It would have been better to have more plugs for electrical appliances, there was only one by the bunk bed. None by mirror so you could see what you where doing while drying hair! Hostel is in a great location by hardrock cafe with supermarket across the road. Nice hostel for peace and quiet as it is a family hostel.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Wales

We had a nice stay during 3 days. This is a calm hostel, not the kind of hostel you can meet a lot of people but it was ok for us. The kitchen was nice and everything was clean. Just found the extra costs for linens weird...

Awesome hostel. Yet, Extra costs for linen and towels annoying. And staff only available a couple of hours per day

Our bedroom was lovely, really clean and the perfect place to relax after a long day of endless walking around Stockholm.

• 6th Jun 2014

Overall a very nice hostel. Only suggestion would be that they install plug sockets in the bathrooms. As I was staying in a dorm I had to choose between drying my hair in the dorm room without a mirror and waking up my room-mates or drying my hair in the reception (also without a mirror). I went for the latter, and managed, but it was a bit annoying.

• 22nd May 2014

Great hostel in good area, was there over a week and liked the surrounding area. Would stay again. My only issues were a large group of school kids showed up the last night, it was a bit of a zoo, and its a small hostel and I think most of the guests were there for a relaxed quieter stay. They were quiet after 1130 but Would have been nice to at least to have been informed they were coming . Other than that it was an excellent place.

I did not feel safe stay there. A reception man just come into my room with his card without permission. It's terrible, there is no way he doesn't know there are people in the room. Because we just checked in and he was there. Very stupid and rude. I would go to the police if he came in when we were changing!

• 13th May 2014
  • Thailand

Wow! We have never seen a bad review like this one. Obviously somehting went wrong. However, I can't imagine that a small "incident" makes everything be ranked as extremely bad, hopefully our locations is as good as it used to be....

There was no tv in the twin room :(

Great. I definitely recommend it!

We have stayed one night in a private twin bed room with two single beds. It was possible to move the beds and tables around in the room as you wish. It's quite a comfortable room for a short stay. It's clean and not very narrow for two.

• 5th May 2014