2kronor Hostel - Vasastan Reviews

Surbrunnsgatan 44, Stockholm, Sweden

Cute, quiet hostel. I stayed in the 4-bed female dorm and the room was very, very small, but it was ok. The kitchen is nice, lots of facilities for everyone to use and there's tea and coffee. There's also an ICA supermarket almost right next the hostel, so if you're staying for a few nights it's very easy to get something for breakfast and keep it in the fridge in the kitchen.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Small and cosy but not the best place to meet people If it's what you are looking for. Really clean, nice showers I never had to wait to use them. The location feels really safe and if you like to walk it's easy to get to where the attractions are. Supermarket just at the corner which is great. Overall good price for what you get.

Thanks for your very good and extensive review! We learn a lot from each review.

A good place to stay in.

• 18th Jun 2015

Thanks for a great review! Welcome back some time!

The location is really good. I had an SL card for my whole stay so I got to the metro station and then took the bus for two more stations and I didn't have to walk at all. It's not like a party mood. I didn't find anyone in the common area when I was there but it's a quiet place to rest. Bad thing: I think the building is old, because you can hear every move in the hall. You found out if someone get to the bathroom or gets to their bed. The floor and doors cracks every time you move.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

We have done some maintenance of our doors to make sure they don't "cracks" as you write. And you are right, building is old, built late 1790!

While a little far from the city center this was such an enjoyable hostel to stay at. The beds were really comfortable and the showers clean. There were plenty of bathrooms so never had to wait. Kind of a mixed age group. It was a Sunday/Monday so not sure about socialness.

I have passed your kind words to our cleaners, Anita and Selenge, they always make their utmost to present a clean building.

My stay here was great! The room was well kept and the facilities were great. The bathrooms on our floors stank a little though, however I attribute that to the age of the building. The showers on our floor were a little cramped, however the showers in the basement (sounds creepy but it's not!) were spacious and really well kept. Only issue is the wifi didn't work above the main floor or the basement, but I didn't go there to use the wifi anyways

We love to hear feedback like this from our great guests!! Wifi has been optimized, so next time it will work better across the entire building.

Overall, i had a good stay. The hostel is very near to the bus and tram stop. However, the wifi was not working very well. The signal was not strong enough to reach my room which was at the first floor

I'm glad to hear that you had a good stay. Wifi has been optimized and hopefully a bit more performance has been achieved.

Really enjoyed my stay. Really good nights sleep considering I was in the six person dorm. Would recommend!

You are more than welcome back next time in Stockholm! Then you know where to ge a good night sleep!

Our stay in the 2kronor overall was very pleasant. The location is truly excellent - close to some good bars and restaurants and also close to a major transit hub. We were able to enjoy the tourist attractions by day and the neighborhood in the afternoon evening. Two criticisms are: lack of toilets (only 3 in the whole hostel!) and lack of clarity around check-in time (the desk is open limited hours so we could not store our luggage until a few hours after we arrived).

The staff was really friendly and helpful when I arrived. I never once felt unsafe at this place since you need to use a key card or code to get in most of the time. The hostel is about a five minute walk from a metro station and there's a few bars and restaurants near by. The shower area is located in a basement but it's set up really nicely and everything is kept clean. I would definitely recommend this hostel and I would stay there again if I had the option.

• 21st May 2015

I have passed all your feedback to our staff! It is really encouraging to read such great words from our great guests. It really adds to our everyday work!

I liked the location, nearby grocery stores, and restaurants. The staff were friendly and helpful. Swedish hostels do not provide a breakfast. The only issue I had was that there was noise that sounded like low dissonant music coming from upstairs so I had to use ear plugs to sleep.

One of my favorite hostels that I stayed in while in Stockholm! Very friendly staff, great showers, and just an overall excellent place.

We really love such great reviews! Hope to see you as our guest soon again!

great place to stay and clean but more for older people. Not in the center and more quiet. depends on what you like but if your young, probably not the best place to meet people.

It has good location and very good working wifi,it is cute and quite clean.But ıf someone walks in the aisle especially in the night you hear the floor's sounds easily and it splited my sleep.floor can be restorated by owner.But mostly İ can recommend this hostel.

• 1st May 2015
  • Turkey

Really liked that you guys had a properly equipped kitchen and dining area!!

nice hostel. The room is quite small but it's OK. The staff are nice but come to work a bit late.

I'm happy you liked 2kronor Hostel. We will remind all staff to keep working times, not acceptalbe to let our guests waiting at the reception.

It was okay for the men that stayed there, the dorm would have worked out for me being the only female, to shower etc.

• 15th Apr 2015

Not sure I understand your comments. However, we do have Female Dorm available as well. Make sure to book it next time in Stockholm.

I think its was amazing, I stayed at 2kronor Vasastan and loved it….the Lady at the reception was so nice and friendly….and I was so pleased to find so many showers, with great space inside….and hot water all the time….all in all it was great….

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Very clean, quiet, everything is well organised, all necessary furniture to cook simple meals is available in the kitchen. It's maybe a bit far from the old town and touristic centre by foot but the metro station is just on the corner of the street. With my friend we were very happy about our staying at the 2kronor hostel. I definitely recommend it!

Thank you so much! Recommendations is like mucic in our ears!

Great hostel. Clean bathrooms, a big kitchen and a nice dining area where you can have dinner, relax and enjoy your tea. A secure luggage area to put bags there after checkout. Also very friendly staff, Abba.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Thanks for your VERY kind words. We will let our staff know what your think. They are and will be very pride! Hope to see you again-