Harvey's Guesthouse Reviews

11 Upper Gardiner Street, Dublin, Ireland

very friendly welcoming staff. the buffet style breakfast was only €6 and is better and cheaper than anywhere in dublin. we really enjoyed our 3 nights here.

• 11th Sep 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Harvey's Guesthouse. Just two things come to mind: 1) Their wifi is limited to the front rooms and hallways. That needs to be fixed, and 2) It should be easier to "sign up" for breakfast!! Otherwise, it's a good choice. You'll enjoy your stay. The directions to the guesthouse are a bit confusing -- but if you take the "bus" you can walk there in about 10 or 15 minutes. Highly recommended.

Harvey's is in a good location. It takes about ten minutes to walk into the centre. The owners were so helpful and we enjoyed our stay. I would stay there again.

• 4th Jul 2014

Very reasonable for the close proximity to the centre. Spotlessly clean room with excellent power shower. Owner was very friendly upon check in. Our room was massive with a double and 2 singles, lovely fireplace and old sash windows. Lovely charm to the place. The old lady on check out was particularly friendly and knowledgeable. Did not have breakfast as rushing to the airport!

A really lovely welcoming atmosphere, quiet location (we had a back room at the top of the house), very clean, beds were comfortable and clean (mattress protectors, clean pillows, nice duvets etc). We weren't sure what to expect of a 'budget' hostel and were very pleasantly surprised. Would go back with (or without!) husbands and children.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Wales

An excellent Guesthouse to begin our trip to Ireland. Located north of the river, it was about a 20 minute walk to the river and then a few more minutes to Temple Bar district. Many other guest houses in the area and apparently, many "council flats". This gives the area character: something you won't get ensconced in your 4 star hotel and at no extra charge!. It was refreshing and fun to live for a few days amongst working class Dubliners. Recommend Harvey's Guesthouse to anyone who asks.

• 18th Jun 2014

Extremely grateful for the kind and helpful staff!

We thought that the hostel/room was a good value for what we spent to stay there. The people were very nice and helpful, especially since we had to check in earlier than we'd expected. We were a little confused about the internet and TV. We never figured out the TV (although that's not what we were in Dublin for anyway!), and we didn't see the signs about the wifi until we were checking out! It would be worth mentioning at check-in that the wifi is available in the common areas.

Unfortunately I didn´t enjoy my stay. The room was cold. I asked to have the heating turned on and was offered an extra blanket. It was also very noisy as the windows are old. The shower had bad pressure and the temperature of the water kept alternating between hot and cold. They have a system for the tap in the sink where you have to continuosly press the tap to get the water running, very hard to even do something simple as washing your face. They also made a mistake with my booking.

Really nice people and very good beds!

I had a wonderful two-night stay at Harvey's! The host was a really nice woman who took the time to make my friend and I feel right at home. She even upgraded our room at no extra cost! The only regret I had during the stay was that we had to rush our trip, so I couldn't properly say goodbye to the host. If you're reading this, we want to thank you sincerely for making us feel welcomed! Have a wonderful day and God bless. x

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

More than worth the money.10 mins from O'Connel St, in an old but very clean building which retains his original charm. The atmosphere is nice and cozy and the are rooms outfitted with hairdryer and bathroom with full bath. The staff, mostly one family, is very helpful and welcoming,we even had some interesting conversations with the owners. I recommend spending a few more € for the excellent buffet breakfast: you won't need lunch. If I'll ever go back to dublin, this will be my first choice!

• 5th Apr 2014