IYHF Youth Hostel Zinkensdamm Reviews

Zinkens väg 20, Stockholm, Sweden

Directions to the hostel could be clearer, especially the metro station. It should be HORNSTULL not Zinkensdamm. Exit Hornsgaten, cross street and go left to stairs BETWEEN 107 and 103.

Everything was great! They had towels, breakfast buffet, a laundry room, and a restaurant/bar. All at a cost of course.

Make sure you read the descriptions carefully, including the small letters at the bottom of the description - the price shown is only for IYHF members. I booked on this hostel because of I thought its cheap, but unfortunately I didn't read carefully and I was not an IYHF member. As I was staying for four nights, the cheaper option when I was checking in was to pay an extra 150 SEK to become a member. On the other hand, staffs are very helpful and friendly.

I think that the hostel is very beautiful, has fancy creative doors that look like harry poter movies. The staff are very nice. It seems to me that is one of the best options for an hostel in Stockholm.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Portugal

More of a family hotel with dorm rooms really. There's no common room or kitchen, the atmosphere was all a bit stale. Don't want to be too harsh, as there was nothing particularly wrong with the place, but it certainly wasn't my type of hostel.

This hostel is weird. It's hidden in by the park, so not very close to anything. The showers are far away and down stairs from the rooms, so you have to go through a busy lobby back and forth to the shower/toilet. They charge you Extra fees for not having some hostel assn. membership, xtra fees for linens, and they took a "deposit" fee when I checked in, and when I asked for my deposit when I left they said the "deposit" actually goes to the booking site, and you don't get that back? Worst place

• 18th Jul 2015

The best cheap option we could get. All the essentials covered and great kitchen facility. We were in bunk beds folding out off the wall with minimal space left in the room. We are not fishy though and enjoyed our stay. I would reccomend this place for sure