Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel Reviews

4200 W Century Blvd, Inglewood, Los Angeles, USA

I had a very interesting stay at LA paradise hostel, although the area was quite 'dangerous' it was fairly well located to the airport. Staff (apart from the cleaners) where super super unhelpful and all seemed to have major attitude problems. Even the driver to the airport was super rude. Wifi was patchy and slow...breakfast wasnt a thing, they just handed out greasy cheap doughnuts (thats when there was any left). NO DOORS ON THE SHOWERS ! HAHAHA wow

When I arrived in LAX I called the hostel and was told that their would pickme up in 20 or so mminutes. It arrived in time. The driver was very amiable and considerate about our comfort in the cozy van. All in all for my first visit to a hostel it was very giod.

• 12th Nov 2015

The rate is really poor and the reviews are quite bad, so i did not expect the hostel to be so good. But I think it's a good option for short stay especially for those who look for a place to stay next to the airport. The shuttle service is really helpful. The room and bed were nice and clean. 20 beds seem to be crowded but it was not full when I was there so it was fine. The reception seemed to be busy all the time but if you could wait, they always ready to help. I had a nice stay.

Someone's bag got stolen.. Wouldn't refund money and said they have nothing to do with bookings call Hostel World! Stay AWAY not an unhappy customer it's word in LA to the locals it's horrible!

Didn't end up trying here due to a flight mix up but tried to get in contact twice and heard no response! But strange that their email address looks like a personal account and not an official business one.

funky little place, aside from the overall smell of urine, I guess it wasn't that bad - average at best.

Not the best. Staff are quite rude, location isn't great for accessing beaches/Hollywood. Rough neighbourhood. 20 bed dorms are horrendous, look like something out of a prison movie, refused to stay in one. 8 bed dorms much better and cleaner. Wouldn't stop again

No male and female dorms separately, everybody is mixed regardless the reservation. No security at all, anybody can walk in and out and the dorms are always unlocked. The bathroom has no door so you can hear everything happening in the bathroom from the bed and it's very annoying.

Mixed dorms, no women and men separate. No security in the bedrooms, anybody can walk in and out. The bathroom has no door so you can hear everything happening in the bathroom from the bed and it's very annoying. Good vibe though, nice popcorns and swimming pool.

The hostel itself is nice with all it's free stuff and we had a good time with the people who stayed there. However the staff was very unfriendly! We met a girl whose suitcase was stolen and they didn't do a thing about it. Additionally at the check in we met a woman who booked a room online and they didn't want to give her a room. We our selfs booked a female dorm room and in the end we got a mixed room and they couldn't change it. All in all it was good if you don't deal with the staff there.

• 5th Sep 2015

I would not know what any of the facilities of this location were like as I was barred from being able to check in. I also was unable to get a refund for my stay due to being kicked out while trying to check in (thus there was no 24hr notice) This has never been an issue in the past as I have always used hostels 3-4 hours away from my home however there is nothing like being stranded in the middle of a city at midnight with no offer of recourse beyond "Ask next door."

• 4th Sep 2015

I was upset to find out on my first night staying that all my credit cards were stolen and the staff couldn't do anything about it which was a bomber! But I still had an amazing time. Staying in a 20-bed dorm isn't as bad as it sounds if all you care about is sleeping and waking up. Having said that I did have to sleep with my bag on for security, the lockers needed a dollar everytime you opened it. But the people there are amazing everyone is a traveller and are very friendly!

• 2nd Sep 2015

It was amazing

Staff at the counter was really rude and not willing to help at all. Had to discuss with her for over 30 minutes to finally get to talk to the manager who was able to communicate on a friendly basis and helped us. Very far away from downtown LA. More than one hour by bus. Blueberry muffins were delicious!

Very near to airport Shuttle service is nice But don't book dorms They are very tight and congested

• 16th Aug 2015
  • India

We had a bad experience with this hostel it's very dodgy, we checked in and not until after they took our credit card details did they inform us that we had to get a shuttle to anptjer hostel. On check in they were handing out free "champagne" vouchers to all guests checking in and staying at the main hostel (which is what we had booked), we did not receive this as we were shipped off to a strange building far away from the hostel. It was very disappointing and a bad neighbourhood.

The good: Fun atmosphere. Great swimming pool, restaurant and bar. Helpful staff. Free shuttles. The bad: party atmosphere can be noisy. Not enough parking so people tend to block access. The ugly: what a godawful neighborhood. Don't go walking or running here or leave your car outside.

After a 6 hour drive into this bad-neighborhood, we arrived at the "hostel", which really looks more like a badly-repurposed airport motel. The staff disinterestedly informed us that without an international passport, we couldn't sleep there. Even though we had already booked the room and paid the deposit. All passports are international, so I assume they meant extra national. Nevertheless they unapologetically ignored our booking and turned us out into the cold with no assistance whatever.

Pay for what you get, staff really helpful just a little miserable haha!

Very noisy hostel with an unfriendly staff. We waited around 45 minutes to check in at the hostel at 10 pm. We couldn't sleep because of to much noise.