Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel Reviews

4200 W Century Blvd, Inglewood, Los Angeles, USA

rude staff unhelpful ununwilling give informationridiculously crampedpoordostay , the poolispool is also skanky

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This place has really cleaned up, Every time I stay here I see improvements constantly underway. How ever, the lack of mix dorms and separation of international dorms needs to be changed. What we have is a bunch of Americans who hang out and cause problems in the front while the international travelers are often put in the back in the larger 20 bed dorms. The best use case of this hostel is to book your first and last day of your trip to Los Angeles, the best value is being close to LAX.

Staff were miserable on front desk and barely spoke during check in. Really clouded my stay. Wifi signal incredibly weak. This hostel is only well located for LAX only so only stay here for that purpose (it does this well with free shuttle bus). Everything else is an hour away at the very least but that goes for all of LA.

My experience in Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel turned into a nightmare because I ended up paying 3 nights I didn't even spend in the hostels. 3 nights, for 6 people = about $580 for nothing. Thanks to the manager who has been a stupid bully and didn't make any effort to help out whereas the service was awful.

• 9th Aug 2014

wouldn't stay more than one night

Owner is a legend, place was clean and guest were cool! I'd stay again fo sho

• 7th Aug 2014

I didn't enjoy this stay at all. the beds are old and when you lay on the bed all you feel is the springs. I stayed in the 20 bed female dorm, there is only 1 bathroom. The shower was clogged, the room was dirty. I would not recommend this to anyone.

thestaff made me wait for 10 minutes with no one in front of me since they were having random stuff talk among themselves! They were racist towards an Asian woman aswell! The rooms were super dirty and the smell was horrible! 2 showers witha cheap plastic sheet and only 1 toilet for a 24 people dorm... There were kids and weird people all over the place, this should be called HELL instead of paradise! Never have i during my travels been in such a bad place!!!

I am very disappointed with Hostel World and the LA Paradise Hostel. When I called to be picked up from the airport, I was told there was a leak and they were booked and couldn't grant my reservation. The hostel didn't tell me anything other than that I would have to contact hostel world and get them to send the cancellation request back to them(even though I wasn't cancelling, they were). I had to spend the night at the airport and Hostel world has NOT refunded me for anything. TERRIBLE!!!!!!!

• 2nd Aug 2014

This hostel is great if you're on a tight budget! Wouldn't recommend the 20 bed dorm, we stayed in it for 1 night and got 3 hours of sleep, it just didn't feel safe and was too noisey. The rest of the stay was in a 4 bed female dorm which was good for price. The location is not good, the airport is close but neighbourhood is not pleasant. The shuttles provided are excellent though and the drivers are very helpful! Free shuttle to beach is worth it and free drink and cake makes this good value

• 2nd Aug 2014

I was so astounded with the Staff that worked at the front desk. The place overall had good vibes and the rooms were up to standard :) However i and although i cannot talk for others but just the look and mood when they left the lobby speaking with the staff had shifted over everyone in that lobby making the place feel unsafe. No smiles, Thank yous, Welcome were ever said during our stay. I would not come back or recommend to anyone after the appaling service

• 30th Jul 2014

Not even once!

I can't even explain how insanely rude the staff are here, it was absolutely unacceptable. Do not stay here, no one deserves to be treated badly by staff. I don't understand why these staff members got into hospitality in the first place. They would laugh and roll their eyes when I asked questions and made me feel like an imposter even though I was a paying guest. I would be embarrassed to be the owner of this establishment with staff like this. DONT STAY HERE.

It was nice. Very far from the bus station. Great to stay short term but not a long term place.

• 29th Jul 2014

Unfriendly staff!

Very unorganized! The price I payed was higher than the price I booked online. In fact they did not have my reservation in their computer what so ever even though I had proof of it. If you are looking for a place you can also spend some time at I suggest finding something else. If you have plans of being out basically from early morning to late at night and have the ability to take all your luggage you won't get any better price.

• 22nd Jul 2014

The girls in the front desk are really rude, all the other employees are really nice including the owners.The place is cool great atmosphere we met some incredible people, it's clean and great price but a little far from downtown. I recommended this hostel

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

While this hostel offers so much for it's value also added to that value is BED BUGS. The place is in need of a little love and attention, but I suppose you get what you pay for. After being awoken at 2am by bed bugs and contacting the staff with already rashes & a squashed bed bug on my hand with my blood, the staff reactions were more lets get this guy out of here as quick as possible rather than trying to assist me. I was asked if I wanted another bed (Of course) & no refund. Bad location.

• 15th Jul 2014

Worst staff ever! The receptionists are very rude and not helpful at all. If you are a foreign, I wouldn't recommend it, I felt very uncomfortable there...

• 13th Jul 2014

Printing fare is too expensive. One sheet one dollar!