Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel Reviews

4200 W Century Blvd, Inglewood, Los Angeles, USA

If you get room 800 bunk bed #3 ask to change it immediately. That mattress needs to be replaced, the springs are all loose

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Chile

Pack a sense of humour and check into Los Angeles at it's best great place to stay and only getting better don't mind the odd plane the heated pool makes up for it

For value for money, and the outstanding shuttle service, this hostel is without doubt one of the best in the world. I thank you and salute you.God bless america.

I can't think of anything they could have done to make me happier. Everything & everybody was top notch & went above & beyond my expectations to make my stay in LA just super & when I return next month, I wouldn't stay anywhere else, even if it was the Ritz for free, because they certainly can turn on, "the putting on the ritz", in a real way, right there in a Backpackers Paradise! So enjoyed my stay!

• 14th Mar 2014

Unorganized, slow, unhelpful staff, filthy dirty everywhere! Tried to cram me in an already full room on an unmade roller bed! Disgusting arm pit location. Need I say more? I should have saved the money and slept on the floor in the airport.

Very good value for money, free tea&coffee, cookies, popcorn, evening hot veg snacks, free shuttle to the airport & beach. staff is not always nice, some are quite rude. Located in a dingy area, would not walk around alone at night, but lots of cheap eats around, supermarket, shops within walking distance. Very clean, sheets&towels changed every day even in the dorm. Direct busses to downtown&hollywood, have pros&cons but for the money defo worth it.

Arrived at the hostel with booking only to be told they had given my bed away and there were no more unavailable. This was after the shuttle bus was called to LAX but never arrived and had to use a taxi. No assistance was offered in finding alternative accommodation and had to walk along the streets to find somewhere to stay at midnight. Definitely do not stay here, unreliable and in an undesirable area of LA.

• 12th Feb 2014

The shuttle service was nice. Beware that the prices listed are not for domestic travellers? We arrived and had some problems with that. Not enough plugs in the rooms. Not really any security. Hairs on the bedsheets. Bar was very seedy and gross. Bartender would leave for a few minutes and come back smelling like pot. Couldn't wait to leave.

The worst place I've stayed in my life. Drugs abound here and they were trying to evict an occupant of my dorm room for selling drugs. They did not follow through with the cops. I also pre-paid for two separate reservations. I used the first and when I checked out the clerk said they'd refund the second cancelled reservation. They didn't and only said I'd get a refund through hostelworld which refers you back to the hostel. Frank Martini, the owner defrauds people of money and hires bad staff.

• 2nd Feb 2014

Wonderful, quick stay. Service was great! Great freebies!

• 19th Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

Except the poor internet connection (i had to go outside the room to get connected) everything else was excellent! I stayed there for 20 days and there were a free muffin, cookies, coffee, tea, popcorn, cake and buffet everyday! Also the stuff was excellent and willing to help anytime!

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Greece

In short, security was almost non existent, there were cops there when I got there trying to throw someone out. The cleanliness-well, it didn't look that clean to me... the atmosphere reminded me of just kids who want to party and drink alcohol, they even have free champagne from 5-6 or something. It was cheap so that was good, but overall, I would probably not want to stay there. The beds did seem clean, but the facilities not so much... The staff was nice, but the wait (1person) took forever

The free shuttle is very convenient and it was nice to not have to wait in the airport for 12 hours for my next flight. Can't say it's particularly nice hostel but you definitely get what you pay for.

receptionist very rude...

• 16th Dec 2013
  • San Marino

Normally I agree with the phrase: you get what you pay! But here you get a lot... they pick you up from the airport for free no matter the time... they offer coffe a good muffin and snacks... a place to sleep for that money!! But if you dont know the area and is your first time in LA! Don`t choose this place.... is too heavy! The manager is very friendly and the rest of the employers were nice!!

Of all the members of the staff, I think those in the lobby deserve the most praise. They can be modest all they want but they proved exceptional in face of all the whiney and grumpy customers. They're the types of people which make staying here worth while.

• 29th Nov 2013

We did not care for the area or the looks of the place so we chose not to stay.

Great atmosphere, everyone was down to hang out around the pool and drink, the staff and permanent residents all mix and hang out with the wandering vagabonds, it's great. Love the free tea and coffee and the food and the free airport shuttle saved me 29 bucks on a cab

• 24th Oct 2013