Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel Reviews

4200 W Century Blvd, Inglewood, Los Angeles, USA

I arrived not expecting too much as the price was ideal for someone, like myself, looking to travel at minimal expense. I met some great people and the hostel has a nice atmosphere. However, some aspects of my stay did not meet my expectations. Several members of the reception staff were very rude and unhelpful. Someone in my dorm had some clothes stolen and when he reported it the reception staff weren't interested. Also, the toilets in the dorm were blocked for most of the duration of my stay.

• 2nd Feb 2016

Frank needs to stop power tripping

Iv stayed in a few hostels in L.A and around the country would never suggest here.

Stayed here for one night, was cheap. Wouldn't want to stay here for any longer. Customer service severely lacking. No blankets on my bed, when I asked for some I was kept waiting at least half an hour when it was already late and I wanted to go to bed. No directions to the room (the dorms are way at the back of the hostel) or general info given when I checked in. No doors on showers, just curtains. Wouldn't stay here again unless absolutely had to. Saving grace is close proximity to airport.

Staff is unfriendly at all !! Although i reserved for two nights but came back second day to find my luggage outside the room and put beside the reception door and still i have another night to stay , after asking them why this happened , they told me may be a mistake and no one apologize to me !! WiFi is completely down all the two nights i stayed and told them without any action taken !! The free breakfast is the most poor i saw in any country as it is a small piece of cake and tea or coffe

• 13th Jan 2016
  • Egypt

Wifi doesn't work Access control card out of use EVERY DAY! Had to beg the staff to revalidate it and smile back to their grumpy faces. No kitchen Dirty and VERY THIN blanket

there are many services offered but the basic ones are poorly considered. It is dirty, there is no heating system in the 20 bed dormitory and the blanket supplyed is not enough for a comfortable night.

This is a great place to stay if you like being social and want to meet people and hang out. They offer free drinks twice a day, free breakfast, free popcorn and coffee all day long, and reasonably-prices, healthy meals in the hotel bar/restaurant. The hotel has an outdoor pool and a tiki bar, replete with computer stations with internet, chairs, and umbrellas for shade. The downside of this place is that it is badly managed. The check-in/check-out process can vary, depending on who is working.

An amazing place for living. It's around 20$ including tax and everything. The staffs are really kind. All the people staying their are like you and me looking for cheap but secured hostel. it's perfectly safe and nice environment. If u really trust me just ignore all other remarks and stay their. U will definitely then agree with me. 5 star for them.

The location is good if you want something close to LAX airport, the shuttle system and drivers were awesome! The front desk staff were terrible! Rude unfriendly and unhelpful!

• 27th Dec 2015

The door was broken to the room and it didnt not close properly. The bathroom was okay, but the whole hostel itself was pretty ghetto. Actually, the surrounding neighborhood was pretty ghetto, so its not much of a surprise.

I paid $3.04 when I made the reservation (my reference number is 1810-192845645), I was told that I will have to pay only $17.34 (including local tax $2.38) upon checking. The total price breakdown was $17.00 for a bed and $2.04 deposit as well as $1.00 for flexible deposit protection.Instead, the checking-in staff of the Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel insisted that I must pay a total of $19.38 ($17.00 plus local tax $2.38) indicating that Hostel World has taken its cut .

• 6th Dec 2015

They put ad many beds in a room as possible to the point where you can't really have belongings or personal space. One person in my room decided to use the sliding door unlocked at sometimes so anyoen could get into the room. You get what you pay for so if you need some where cheap then it works.

I had a very interesting stay at LA paradise hostel, although the area was quite 'dangerous' it was fairly well located to the airport. Staff (apart from the cleaners) where super super unhelpful and all seemed to have major attitude problems. Even the driver to the airport was super rude. Wifi was patchy and slow...breakfast wasnt a thing, they just handed out greasy cheap doughnuts (thats when there was any left). NO DOORS ON THE SHOWERS ! HAHAHA wow

When I arrived in LAX I called the hostel and was told that their would pickme up in 20 or so mminutes. It arrived in time. The driver was very amiable and considerate about our comfort in the cozy van. All in all for my first visit to a hostel it was very giod.

• 12th Nov 2015

The rate is really poor and the reviews are quite bad, so i did not expect the hostel to be so good. But I think it's a good option for short stay especially for those who look for a place to stay next to the airport. The shuttle service is really helpful. The room and bed were nice and clean. 20 beds seem to be crowded but it was not full when I was there so it was fine. The reception seemed to be busy all the time but if you could wait, they always ready to help. I had a nice stay.

Someone's bag got stolen.. Wouldn't refund money and said they have nothing to do with bookings call Hostel World! Stay AWAY not an unhappy customer it's word in LA to the locals it's horrible!

Didn't end up trying here due to a flight mix up but tried to get in contact twice and heard no response! But strange that their email address looks like a personal account and not an official business one.

funky little place, aside from the overall smell of urine, I guess it wasn't that bad - average at best.

Not the best. Staff are quite rude, location isn't great for accessing beaches/Hollywood. Rough neighbourhood. 20 bed dorms are horrendous, look like something out of a prison movie, refused to stay in one. 8 bed dorms much better and cleaner. Wouldn't stop again