Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel Reviews

4200 W Century Blvd, Inglewood, Los Angeles, USA

It was offputting at the entrance. Bar, cigarette smoke, trash along street where it was located, but it turned out to be a really good place. I am staying there again in two weeks.

• 5th Oct 2014

I spend only 1 night there. Everything was okay. Staff wasn't very helpful but still good place to stay. Plus free shuttle to and from the airport

This hostel has a lot of things going for them - great prices and tons of amenities, most of which are free. The free airport shuttle is awesome and I loved how close this was to LAX and my main reason for booking it. If you want a Hollywood experience, I would probably recommend staying somewhere closer to Hollywood Blvd, but they do offer a lot of trips into town and have a good nightlife. Only issue is that the staff were not friendly or helpful.

One guy that works their was very racesest and tryed kicking me out apart from him the tiki bar staff outstanding and made my stay a lot better than any of the othe staff

• 9th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

rude staff unhelpful ununwilling give informationridiculously crampedpoordostay , the poolispool is also skanky

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

So I wrote a huge review about this place on my phone however it was way over 500 characters long. Therefore it can't be posted. It's disgusting. Everyone is rude. Most ghetto location. Homeless people absolutely everywhere you look. Pimps and hookers in the hostel. Skateboard to the head fights. Bed bugs. Over priced nasty food. Don't stay here is kinda what I'm getting at. Wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

This place has really cleaned up, Every time I stay here I see improvements constantly underway. How ever, the lack of mix dorms and separation of international dorms needs to be changed. What we have is a bunch of Americans who hang out and cause problems in the front while the international travelers are often put in the back in the larger 20 bed dorms. The best use case of this hostel is to book your first and last day of your trip to Los Angeles, the best value is being close to LAX.

Staff were miserable on front desk and barely spoke during check in. Really clouded my stay. Wifi signal incredibly weak. This hostel is only well located for LAX only so only stay here for that purpose (it does this well with free shuttle bus). Everything else is an hour away at the very least but that goes for all of LA.

The location is good, if I wanna go to the airport, because they give some shuttle bus service for free of charge. But the other things are not that good. Especially, for me, I stayed 4 beds room for female - I changed my room type - but the room smell was... terrible. I felt like I'm not in hostel or hotel, but some kinda cave filled with cigarette. I dont think my room was smoking room. I'm pretty sure it was non-smoking room, but the smell was so severe that I found it is very hard to sleep.

My experience in Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel turned into a nightmare because I ended up paying 3 nights I didn't even spend in the hostels. 3 nights, for 6 people = about $580 for nothing. Thanks to the manager who has been a stupid bully and didn't make any effort to help out whereas the service was awful.

• 9th Aug 2014

wouldn't stay more than one night

Owner is a legend, place was clean and guest were cool! I'd stay again fo sho

• 7th Aug 2014

I didn't enjoy this stay at all. the beds are old and when you lay on the bed all you feel is the springs. I stayed in the 20 bed female dorm, there is only 1 bathroom. The shower was clogged, the room was dirty. I would not recommend this to anyone.

thestaff made me wait for 10 minutes with no one in front of me since they were having random stuff talk among themselves! They were racist towards an Asian woman aswell! The rooms were super dirty and the smell was horrible! 2 showers witha cheap plastic sheet and only 1 toilet for a 24 people dorm... There were kids and weird people all over the place, this should be called HELL instead of paradise! Never have i during my travels been in such a bad place!!!

I am very disappointed with Hostel World and the LA Paradise Hostel. When I called to be picked up from the airport, I was told there was a leak and they were booked and couldn't grant my reservation. The hostel didn't tell me anything other than that I would have to contact hostel world and get them to send the cancellation request back to them(even though I wasn't cancelling, they were). I had to spend the night at the airport and Hostel world has NOT refunded me for anything. TERRIBLE!!!!!!!

• 2nd Aug 2014

This hostel is great if you're on a tight budget! Wouldn't recommend the 20 bed dorm, we stayed in it for 1 night and got 3 hours of sleep, it just didn't feel safe and was too noisey. The rest of the stay was in a 4 bed female dorm which was good for price. The location is not good, the airport is close but neighbourhood is not pleasant. The shuttles provided are excellent though and the drivers are very helpful! Free shuttle to beach is worth it and free drink and cake makes this good value

• 2nd Aug 2014

I was so astounded with the Staff that worked at the front desk. The place overall had good vibes and the rooms were up to standard :) However i and although i cannot talk for others but just the look and mood when they left the lobby speaking with the staff had shifted over everyone in that lobby making the place feel unsafe. No smiles, Thank yous, Welcome were ever said during our stay. I would not come back or recommend to anyone after the appaling service

• 30th Jul 2014

Not even once!

I can't even explain how insanely rude the staff are here, it was absolutely unacceptable. Do not stay here, no one deserves to be treated badly by staff. I don't understand why these staff members got into hospitality in the first place. They would laugh and roll their eyes when I asked questions and made me feel like an imposter even though I was a paying guest. I would be embarrassed to be the owner of this establishment with staff like this. DONT STAY HERE.

It was nice. Very far from the bus station. Great to stay short term but not a long term place.

• 29th Jul 2014