Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel Reviews

4200 W Century Blvd, Inglewood, Los Angeles, USA

It's been the worst hostel during my 1, 5 years of travelling. And yet I would book it again simply because its price incl breakfast and shuttles is unbeatable. But be aware. It's not safe, things get stolen and you see the police coming once or twice a day. Rude staff. The 20 bed dorms have one bathroom, that's ridiculous. They don't have any mattress protection and put loose sheets on it so that most people end up sleeping on the blank mattress, not very hygienic. Everyone smokes weed.

Very dirty, smells and untidy No lightning in the walkway around the room, so one can not see who goes ind and out in the night, (dark) . Dorm doors are open all the time. My bag got stolen from the room, I have a police report about that, staff do not care and have no procedure of what to do in such cases and very annoying in such situation. in general no information or help - I have asked 4 different staff members and got an answer: I do not know!. I am staying in LA for a week more BUT NOT T.

for $20 a night it is hard complain, location is decent for airport but not much else but the hostel itself is quite grimey, it seems a mix of a hostel and a housing residential. staff were not particularly helpful on check in, giving no infomation and were not too friendly either. As said for the in LA you cant complain too much but I only recommend using this if on a complete budget. were alright, not too comfy but having been camping for numerous nights before I was happy.

Traveled over a thousand miles... I am not a local, and was treated sub-human for not being a foreigner... People are not pieces of paper. I am not a passport. I am a person...!

• 12th Jun 2015

They gave my bed to someone else so had to sleep on a portable bed in a 20 people dorm. If you value your safety don't go there. Staff very rude too.

I stayed there three days, in a 8 bed female dorm. Some of the people sharing the room with me were weird. I wasn't sure if they were travelers or lived there. The first bed I was assigned shook a lot. I asked to change and this was quickly solved. The sheets were clean and the maids clean the room everyday. There is soap, shampoo and towels. It is a simple place. The price is good for what you get. The bus 212, that goes to Hollywood Boulevard has a stop really close to the hostel.

• 25th May 2015

Shuttle service did not come despite several calls, stuff unfriendly, drafty rooms. I strongly recommend against staying in this hostel– rather spend a few bucks more and get more value for money

• 13th May 2015

It was ok

They were painting the bottom of the pool the few days that I was there so there was construction but overall the atmosphere and the community at the hostel makes it a unique and terrific place to meet people from around the world.

chill ass place, cool people, cool stuff to do, cool shuttle from the airport, and cool prices. usually stay at this place for the start and end of my LA trips.

I love it.

• 6th May 2015

The staff were great and the facilities amazing - especially for the price

• 23rd Apr 2015

I just stayed here one night to get to the airport. The staff weren't very friendly - but place was alright to stay for one night.

1 - I am overcharged! 2 - Place is so loud even in the night time! 3 - Worst location in LA! 4 - Staff has unhappy face! 5- Wifi is extreme slow! Never book more than 1 day if your first time here. Give a couple of bucks and find a better place to stay!

My bed was ready at 5pm, even though check out is 12pm. I think there wasn't a system in place for the cleaning staff to know which bed needed cleaning. Aside from this, I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The free shuttle to and from the airport was very convenient, and the staff were very helpful.

The only issue I had was the lack of security within the dorm rooms, so I slept with my wallet, phone, etc. Otherwise, the free pickup and dropoff from the airport is in a "party bus" and very much appreciated. I spent only one night and left too early for breakfast, but checkin was relatively quick, as was checkout.

Front desk staff dont address you even though your clearly lining up, until you approach them first. They are pretty unorganized, I notice they treat guests differently. I didn't get a WiFi code for my dorm or champagne slips, but I was only staying one night. The room itself was pretty decent but there were ants around the sink

• 4th Apr 2015

The attention of the receptionists was disagreeable and the security was really poor, any person could get inside in the common areas.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

if you want a tipical american hostel , these is your place. Young people, music, pool table, a warm swiming pool... A good place.. :)

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Spain

It is exactly how it sounds. My 2 sisters and i stayed for 2 nights with no real trouble. We did overhear another guest had a problem with cockroaches but we were on the second floor with no pests to be seen. Staff was as friendly as they could be (it seemed like they were very short staffed with lots of issues). They we helpful when we needed extra towels and tp. Loud airplanes but they had a pool and served free coffee in the morning. Overall, for $10 a night, good stay!

• 21st Mar 2015