Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel Reviews

4200 W Century Blvd, Inglewood, Los Angeles, USA

When I arrived I was told I cannot stay there because I'm the wrong nationality. They refused to let me stay, refused to help me find somewhere else to stay, they were very rude to me, and basically kicked me out stranded in Los Angeles without a place to stay. I ended up sleeping in my car...

• 28th Jul 2015

This was the worst hostel experience in the 6years I have been traveling. Rooms overbooked. They attempted to put me in a dorm room down the street that was unclean, had what smelt like a gas lea. I couldn't even sleep in the room. I spent 2 hrs in the waiting area before going to the airport early. Recommend that hostelworld takes this one off the list. Don't stay here. Ever. I can't believe they charge 300 a night for private rooms.

• 25th Jul 2015

It was my first week of the 8 month journey I am on from California to Tutkey. I et some great people there & made some new friends. Travel is about the people you meet in the places you choose to visit. I am a publushed poet whos been inspired to write new perfromance pieces based on this experience, and I am already drafting them.

• 19th Jul 2015

I booked a 4 bed dorm room on line. On arrival I was told no we don't have those. I said well why advertise that you do. "Oh I told my boss but she doesn't really listen or do anything about it". Parking was abysmal. Staff attitudes were not friendly. As if I the customer was just a hassle to their day. 8 guys in two small rooms. My smaller room with 2 bunks in it. No room to swing a cat. Had to turn and walk sideways so cramped. Bathroom cleaned only once in about 5 days. Not stay here again!

• 15th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Me and my husband booked July 14 for honeymoon but We didn't allow to stay here at dormitory because of my husband's age.Last time he could stay but this time they said no to us.We really want our money back!!This is absolutely ridiculous!

It seemed really chaotic - the rooms were overbooked - but the staff did a very good job of accommodating everyone, even if it had to be somewhere else.

This "hostel" is HORRIBLE in every sense of the word. I guess you really get what you pay for but DO NOT even waste your twenty-five bucks. I would have been better off just crashing at the airport. RUDE female front desk clerk who said I couldn't stay in the 20 person room because I was from Oregon. MISSING reservation. BED assignment UNMADE. Felt very UNSAFE. Room looked like the aftermath of a frat party. Good luck!

It's been the worst hostel during my 1, 5 years of travelling. And yet I would book it again simply because its price incl breakfast and shuttles is unbeatable. But be aware. It's not safe, things get stolen and you see the police coming once or twice a day. Rude staff. The 20 bed dorms have one bathroom, that's ridiculous. They don't have any mattress protection and put loose sheets on it so that most people end up sleeping on the blank mattress, not very hygienic. Everyone smokes weed.

Very dirty, smells and untidy No lightning in the walkway around the room, so one can not see who goes ind and out in the night, (dark) . Dorm doors are open all the time. My bag got stolen from the room, I have a police report about that, staff do not care and have no procedure of what to do in such cases and very annoying in such situation. in general no information or help - I have asked 4 different staff members and got an answer: I do not know!. I am staying in LA for a week more BUT NOT T.

for $20 a night it is hard complain, location is decent for airport but not much else but the hostel itself is quite grimey, it seems a mix of a hostel and a housing residential. staff were not particularly helpful on check in, giving no infomation and were not too friendly either. As said for the in LA you cant complain too much but I only recommend using this if on a complete budget. were alright, not too comfy but having been camping for numerous nights before I was happy.

Traveled over a thousand miles... I am not a local, and was treated sub-human for not being a foreigner... People are not pieces of paper. I am not a passport. I am a person...!

• 12th Jun 2015

I kind of liked this place, with all the flaws, But I would never recommended it. Only reason people choose this place is the low prices. 10-20 dollars depending on season. Expect the worse, then maybe your stay wont be that bad. MAYBE!! Some staff members EXCELLENT, others overworked tired and grumpy.. I stayed here more than one time, if you lucky maybe you get an okay experience. There is a good reason for all the bad reviews!

They gave my bed to someone else so had to sleep on a portable bed in a 20 people dorm. If you value your safety don't go there. Staff very rude too.

I stayed there three days, in a 8 bed female dorm. Some of the people sharing the room with me were weird. I wasn't sure if they were travelers or lived there. The first bed I was assigned shook a lot. I asked to change and this was quickly solved. The sheets were clean and the maids clean the room everyday. There is soap, shampoo and towels. It is a simple place. The price is good for what you get. The bus 212, that goes to Hollywood Boulevard has a stop really close to the hostel.

• 25th May 2015

Shuttle service did not come despite several calls, stuff unfriendly, drafty rooms. I strongly recommend against staying in this hostel– rather spend a few bucks more and get more value for money

• 13th May 2015

It was ok

They were painting the bottom of the pool the few days that I was there so there was construction but overall the atmosphere and the community at the hostel makes it a unique and terrific place to meet people from around the world.

chill ass place, cool people, cool stuff to do, cool shuttle from the airport, and cool prices. usually stay at this place for the start and end of my LA trips.

I love it.

• 6th May 2015

The staff were great and the facilities amazing - especially for the price

• 23rd Apr 2015