Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel Reviews

4200 W Century Blvd, Inglewood, Los Angeles, USA

It was amazing

Staff at the counter was really rude and not willing to help at all. Had to discuss with her for over 30 minutes to finally get to talk to the manager who was able to communicate on a friendly basis and helped us. Very far away from downtown LA. More than one hour by bus. Blueberry muffins were delicious!

Very near to airport Shuttle service is nice But don't book dorms They are very tight and congested

• 16th Aug 2015
  • India

We had a bad experience with this hostel it's very dodgy, we checked in and not until after they took our credit card details did they inform us that we had to get a shuttle to anptjer hostel. On check in they were handing out free "champagne" vouchers to all guests checking in and staying at the main hostel (which is what we had booked), we did not receive this as we were shipped off to a strange building far away from the hostel. It was very disappointing and a bad neighbourhood.

The good: Fun atmosphere. Great swimming pool, restaurant and bar. Helpful staff. Free shuttles. The bad: party atmosphere can be noisy. Not enough parking so people tend to block access. The ugly: what a godawful neighborhood. Don't go walking or running here or leave your car outside.

After a 6 hour drive into this bad-neighborhood, we arrived at the "hostel", which really looks more like a badly-repurposed airport motel. The staff disinterestedly informed us that without an international passport, we couldn't sleep there. Even though we had already booked the room and paid the deposit. All passports are international, so I assume they meant extra national. Nevertheless they unapologetically ignored our booking and turned us out into the cold with no assistance whatever.

Pay for what you get, staff really helpful just a little miserable haha!

Very noisy hostel with an unfriendly staff. We waited around 45 minutes to check in at the hostel at 10 pm. We couldn't sleep because of to much noise.

When I arrived I was told I cannot stay there because I'm the wrong nationality. They refused to let me stay, refused to help me find somewhere else to stay, they were very rude to me, and basically kicked me out stranded in Los Angeles without a place to stay. I ended up sleeping in my car...

• 28th Jul 2015

This was the worst hostel experience in the 6years I have been traveling. Rooms overbooked. They attempted to put me in a dorm room down the street that was unclean, had what smelt like a gas lea. I couldn't even sleep in the room. I spent 2 hrs in the waiting area before going to the airport early. Recommend that hostelworld takes this one off the list. Don't stay here. Ever. I can't believe they charge 300 a night for private rooms.

• 25th Jul 2015

It was my first week of the 8 month journey I am on from California to Tutkey. I et some great people there & made some new friends. Travel is about the people you meet in the places you choose to visit. I am a publushed poet whos been inspired to write new perfromance pieces based on this experience, and I am already drafting them.

• 19th Jul 2015

I booked a 4 bed dorm room on line. On arrival I was told no we don't have those. I said well why advertise that you do. "Oh I told my boss but she doesn't really listen or do anything about it". Parking was abysmal. Staff attitudes were not friendly. As if I the customer was just a hassle to their day. 8 guys in two small rooms. My smaller room with 2 bunks in it. No room to swing a cat. Had to turn and walk sideways so cramped. Bathroom cleaned only once in about 5 days. Not stay here again!

Me and my husband booked July 14 for honeymoon but We didn't allow to stay here at dormitory because of my husband's age.Last time he could stay but this time they said no to us.We really want our money back!!This is absolutely ridiculous!

It seemed really chaotic - the rooms were overbooked - but the staff did a very good job of accommodating everyone, even if it had to be somewhere else.

This "hostel" is HORRIBLE in every sense of the word. I guess you really get what you pay for but DO NOT even waste your twenty-five bucks. I would have been better off just crashing at the airport. RUDE female front desk clerk who said I couldn't stay in the 20 person room because I was from Oregon. MISSING reservation. BED assignment UNMADE. Felt very UNSAFE. Room looked like the aftermath of a frat party. Good luck!

It's been the worst hostel during my 1, 5 years of travelling. And yet I would book it again simply because its price incl breakfast and shuttles is unbeatable. But be aware. It's not safe, things get stolen and you see the police coming once or twice a day. Rude staff. The 20 bed dorms have one bathroom, that's ridiculous. They don't have any mattress protection and put loose sheets on it so that most people end up sleeping on the blank mattress, not very hygienic. Everyone smokes weed.

Very dirty, smells and untidy No lightning in the walkway around the room, so one can not see who goes ind and out in the night, (dark) . Dorm doors are open all the time. My bag got stolen from the room, I have a police report about that, staff do not care and have no procedure of what to do in such cases and very annoying in such situation. in general no information or help - I have asked 4 different staff members and got an answer: I do not know!. I am staying in LA for a week more BUT NOT T.

for $20 a night it is hard complain, location is decent for airport but not much else but the hostel itself is quite grimey, it seems a mix of a hostel and a housing residential. staff were not particularly helpful on check in, giving no infomation and were not too friendly either. As said for the in LA you cant complain too much but I only recommend using this if on a complete budget. were alright, not too comfy but having been camping for numerous nights before I was happy.

Traveled over a thousand miles... I am not a local, and was treated sub-human for not being a foreigner... People are not pieces of paper. I am not a passport. I am a person...!

• 12th Jun 2015

I kind of liked this place, with all the flaws, But I would never recommended it. Only reason people choose this place is the low prices. 10-20 dollars depending on season. Expect the worse, then maybe your stay wont be that bad. MAYBE!! Some staff members EXCELLENT, others overworked tired and grumpy.. I stayed here more than one time, if you lucky maybe you get an okay experience. There is a good reason for all the bad reviews!