Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel Reviews

4200 W Century Blvd, Inglewood, Los Angeles, USA

Good for one night...very close to the Airport, the shuttle service is the highest point,,,the neigborwood the lowest

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

The hostel is located really close to the airport, and they offer a free shuttle to the airport, which is super useful. In general they offer many free services, such as champagne at night, muffin for breakfast.. But when I stayed there the most basic things were missing: no Wifi (in the evening and still in the morning), no free map, and unfortunately the staff did not really have the situation under control.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Austria

The receptionist is dge and rude, there are a lot of strangers.

• 20th Dec 2014

No a great hostel at all. Rooms are very very crowded, beds are ununcomfortable and it is a very old and crappy place. I stayed here for about 10 hours and that was enough for me. only thing going for this place is that it is close to the airport and has a free shuttle (to and from the airport). Also the staff weren't very helpful and seemed to busy to help.

Cheerful atmosphere,nice for socialize,heated pool,restaurant,bar,many free tours and facilities,location not so good,but there is free shuttle to bus/metro stations and LAX airport(you must have phone to ring them for pick up)If you stay in dormitory,put your valuables to locker,even at night.

Its good for shutltle bus for airport. But I don't know why I paid more than the origanal fee on website.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • China

It was offputting at the entrance. Bar, cigarette smoke, trash along street where it was located, but it turned out to be a really good place. I am staying there again in two weeks.

• 5th Oct 2014

I spend only 1 night there. Everything was okay. Staff wasn't very helpful but still good place to stay. Plus free shuttle to and from the airport

This hostel has a lot of things going for them - great prices and tons of amenities, most of which are free. The free airport shuttle is awesome and I loved how close this was to LAX and my main reason for booking it. If you want a Hollywood experience, I would probably recommend staying somewhere closer to Hollywood Blvd, but they do offer a lot of trips into town and have a good nightlife. Only issue is that the staff were not friendly or helpful.

One guy that works their was very racesest and tryed kicking me out apart from him the tiki bar staff outstanding and made my stay a lot better than any of the othe staff

• 9th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

NICE STAFF !

rude staff unhelpful ununwilling give informationridiculously crampedpoordostay , the poolispool is also skanky

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

So I wrote a huge review about this place on my phone however it was way over 500 characters long. Therefore it can't be posted. It's disgusting. Everyone is rude. Most ghetto location. Homeless people absolutely everywhere you look. Pimps and hookers in the hostel. Skateboard to the head fights. Bed bugs. Over priced nasty food. Don't stay here is kinda what I'm getting at. Wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

This place has really cleaned up, Every time I stay here I see improvements constantly underway. How ever, the lack of mix dorms and separation of international dorms needs to be changed. What we have is a bunch of Americans who hang out and cause problems in the front while the international travelers are often put in the back in the larger 20 bed dorms. The best use case of this hostel is to book your first and last day of your trip to Los Angeles, the best value is being close to LAX.

Staff were miserable on front desk and barely spoke during check in. Really clouded my stay. Wifi signal incredibly weak. This hostel is only well located for LAX only so only stay here for that purpose (it does this well with free shuttle bus). Everything else is an hour away at the very least but that goes for all of LA.

The location is good, if I wanna go to the airport, because they give some shuttle bus service for free of charge. But the other things are not that good. Especially, for me, I stayed 4 beds room for female - I changed my room type - but the room smell was... terrible. I felt like I'm not in hostel or hotel, but some kinda cave filled with cigarette. I dont think my room was smoking room. I'm pretty sure it was non-smoking room, but the smell was so severe that I found it is very hard to sleep.

My experience in Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel turned into a nightmare because I ended up paying 3 nights I didn't even spend in the hostels. 3 nights, for 6 people = about $580 for nothing. Thanks to the manager who has been a stupid bully and didn't make any effort to help out whereas the service was awful.

• 9th Aug 2014

wouldn't stay more than one night

Owner is a legend, place was clean and guest were cool! I'd stay again fo sho

• 7th Aug 2014

I didn't enjoy this stay at all. the beds are old and when you lay on the bed all you feel is the springs. I stayed in the 20 bed female dorm, there is only 1 bathroom. The shower was clogged, the room was dirty. I would not recommend this to anyone.