Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel Reviews

4200 W Century Blvd, Inglewood, Los Angeles, USA

The staff were great and the facilities amazing - especially for the price

• 23rd Apr 2015

I just stayed here one night to get to the airport. The staff weren't very friendly - but place was alright to stay for one night.

1 - I am overcharged! 2 - Place is so loud even in the night time! 3 - Worst location in LA! 4 - Staff has unhappy face! 5- Wifi is extreme slow! Never book more than 1 day if your first time here. Give a couple of bucks and find a better place to stay!

My bed was ready at 5pm, even though check out is 12pm. I think there wasn't a system in place for the cleaning staff to know which bed needed cleaning. Aside from this, I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The free shuttle to and from the airport was very convenient, and the staff were very helpful.

The only issue I had was the lack of security within the dorm rooms, so I slept with my wallet, phone, etc. Otherwise, the free pickup and dropoff from the airport is in a "party bus" and very much appreciated. I spent only one night and left too early for breakfast, but checkin was relatively quick, as was checkout.

Front desk staff dont address you even though your clearly lining up, until you approach them first. They are pretty unorganized, I notice they treat guests differently. I didn't get a WiFi code for my dorm or champagne slips, but I was only staying one night. The room itself was pretty decent but there were ants around the sink

• 4th Apr 2015

The attention of the receptionists was disagreeable and the security was really poor, any person could get inside in the common areas.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

if you want a tipical american hostel , these is your place. Young people, music, pool table, a warm swiming pool... A good place.. :)

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Spain

It is exactly how it sounds. My 2 sisters and i stayed for 2 nights with no real trouble. We did overhear another guest had a problem with cockroaches but we were on the second floor with no pests to be seen. Staff was as friendly as they could be (it seemed like they were very short staffed with lots of issues). They we helpful when we needed extra towels and tp. Loud airplanes but they had a pool and served free coffee in the morning. Overall, for $10 a night, good stay!

• 21st Mar 2015

This place was actually better than I expected after reading the reviews. I just needed a place to crash between a long layover of planes, and it served that purpose. I would not stay there as a visitor to the City of Angels otherwise.

That sucks. It was the worst hostel where I've ever stayed. Although I booked this hostel and got the confirmation of reservation for sure, the staff said it was too late to come, so it was automatically canceled. Wtf. What I did finally was sleeping on the floor. I could see many backpackers getting into the same troubles...

WARNING: This is NOT a hostel! This is a run-down motel which was converted into "hostel" by cramming as many bunk beds as possible into tiny rooms. This "hostel" is located in one of the worst parts of L.A., and my friends at LAPD tell me the Inglewood Police are there at least three times every week, usually over fights, drugs, and the occassional hooker. The staff is not merely rude; they are outright abusive. The only way to eat food is at their over-priced restaurant. I beg you do NOT visit

the people in front desk are very rude

no curtain no door no nothing between sleeping room and bathroom/showers? else than that it was ok!

The neighbourhood is not so nice, feels a little unsafe if you go out in the evening. It's close to the airport and they have a shuttle bus, but when my friend arrived one day later, it was really hard to pick her up from the airport. She waited there for 2,5 hours, and I went 3 times to the front desk to ask if they could pick her up. Really weird. The staff had an attitude, they weren't helpfull at all and they were rude! The 8 pers dorms are okay, facilities are ok as well.

Good for one night...very close to the Airport, the shuttle service is the highest point,,,the neigborwood the lowest

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Colombia

The hostel is located really close to the airport, and they offer a free shuttle to the airport, which is super useful. In general they offer many free services, such as champagne at night, muffin for breakfast.. But when I stayed there the most basic things were missing: no Wifi (in the evening and still in the morning), no free map, and unfortunately the staff did not really have the situation under control.

The receptionist is dge and rude, there are a lot of strangers.

• 20th Dec 2014

No a great hostel at all. Rooms are very very crowded, beds are ununcomfortable and it is a very old and crappy place. I stayed here for about 10 hours and that was enough for me. only thing going for this place is that it is close to the airport and has a free shuttle (to and from the airport). Also the staff weren't very helpful and seemed to busy to help.

Cheerful atmosphere,nice for socialize,heated pool,restaurant,bar,many free tours and facilities,location not so good,but there is free shuttle to bus/metro stations and LAX airport(you must have phone to ring them for pick up)If you stay in dormitory,put your valuables to locker,even at night.