Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel Reviews

4200 W Century Blvd, Inglewood, Los Angeles, USA

Unorganized, slow, unhelpful staff, filthy dirty everywhere! Tried to cram me in an already full room on an unmade roller bed! Disgusting arm pit location. Need I say more? I should have saved the money and slept on the floor in the airport.

The area is Inglewood which is full of gangs. The staff were not friendly. I was talking to a girl in the pool area at 2am and the owner kicked her out because he thought she was a hooker (she wasn't in the end, she had a room in the hostel). He also tried to kick me out. There is a bar which is open to the street people. The airport shuttle is free which is excellent. Take the staff out of it and the area and this could be an amazing place to stay with swimming pool etc..

Very good value for money, free tea&coffee, cookies, popcorn, evening hot veg snacks, free shuttle to the airport & beach. staff is not always nice, some are quite rude. Located in a dingy area, would not walk around alone at night, but lots of cheap eats around, supermarket, shops within walking distance. Very clean, sheets&towels changed every day even in the dorm. Direct busses to downtown&hollywood, have pros&cons but for the money defo worth it.

Arrived at the hostel with booking only to be told they had given my bed away and there were no more unavailable. This was after the shuttle bus was called to LAX but never arrived and had to use a taxi. No assistance was offered in finding alternative accommodation and had to walk along the streets to find somewhere to stay at midnight. Definitely do not stay here, unreliable and in an undesirable area of LA.

• 12th Feb 2014

The shuttle service was nice. Beware that the prices listed are not for domestic travellers? We arrived and had some problems with that. Not enough plugs in the rooms. Not really any security. Hairs on the bedsheets. Bar was very seedy and gross. Bartender would leave for a few minutes and come back smelling like pot. Couldn't wait to leave.

The worst place I've stayed in my life. Drugs abound here and they were trying to evict an occupant of my dorm room for selling drugs. They did not follow through with the cops. I also pre-paid for two separate reservations. I used the first and when I checked out the clerk said they'd refund the second cancelled reservation. They didn't and only said I'd get a refund through hostelworld which refers you back to the hostel. Frank Martini, the owner defrauds people of money and hires bad staff.

• 2nd Feb 2014