Los Angeles Backpackers Paradise Hostel Reviews

4200 W Century Blvd, Inglewood, Los Angeles, USA

No male and female dorms separately, everybody is mixed regardless the reservation. No security at all, anybody can walk in and out and the dorms are always unlocked. The bathroom has no door so you can hear everything happening in the bathroom from the bed and it's very annoying.

Mixed dorms, no women and men separate. No security in the bedrooms, anybody can walk in and out. The bathroom has no door so you can hear everything happening in the bathroom from the bed and it's very annoying. Good vibe though, nice popcorns and swimming pool.

The hostel itself is nice with all it's free stuff and we had a good time with the people who stayed there. However the staff was very unfriendly! We met a girl whose suitcase was stolen and they didn't do a thing about it. Additionally at the check in we met a woman who booked a room online and they didn't want to give her a room. We our selfs booked a female dorm room and in the end we got a mixed room and they couldn't change it. All in all it was good if you don't deal with the staff there.

• 5th Sep 2015

I would not know what any of the facilities of this location were like as I was barred from being able to check in. I also was unable to get a refund for my stay due to being kicked out while trying to check in (thus there was no 24hr notice) This has never been an issue in the past as I have always used hostels 3-4 hours away from my home however there is nothing like being stranded in the middle of a city at midnight with no offer of recourse beyond "Ask next door."

• 4th Sep 2015

I was upset to find out on my first night staying that all my credit cards were stolen and the staff couldn't do anything about it which was a bomber! But I still had an amazing time. Staying in a 20-bed dorm isn't as bad as it sounds if all you care about is sleeping and waking up. Having said that I did have to sleep with my bag on for security, the lockers needed a dollar everytime you opened it. But the people there are amazing everyone is a traveller and are very friendly!

• 2nd Sep 2015

It was amazing

Staff at the counter was really rude and not willing to help at all. Had to discuss with her for over 30 minutes to finally get to talk to the manager who was able to communicate on a friendly basis and helped us. Very far away from downtown LA. More than one hour by bus. Blueberry muffins were delicious!

Very near to airport Shuttle service is nice But don't book dorms They are very tight and congested

• 16th Aug 2015
  • India

We had a bad experience with this hostel it's very dodgy, we checked in and not until after they took our credit card details did they inform us that we had to get a shuttle to anptjer hostel. On check in they were handing out free "champagne" vouchers to all guests checking in and staying at the main hostel (which is what we had booked), we did not receive this as we were shipped off to a strange building far away from the hostel. It was very disappointing and a bad neighbourhood.

1 2 Next » last »