Timen's House Reviews

5947 Tujunga av., North Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

best hostel ever so nice and clean, friendly and best of all cheap....420 friendly and fun.....quiet....nice guests and staff

• 25th Nov 2015

I felt insecure in your hostel. I won't recommend it. Pple are not travelers they're staying on the long run, this is no hostel. The way the rooms are displayed is really bad. Pple are forced to go through other rooms to access theirs or facilities. It's bothersome and feels insecure. Lockers in other people's rooms is more than deplorable too. On top of that, there is a bunk bed in the kitchen and only 1 bathroom! Show more respect for your guests. Plus you "scammed" me 60$, consciously or not.

• 25th Sep 2015

Great value. Thanks for your hospitality Mike!

• 12th Sep 2015

It was the worst hostel I have ever been, everything was looking unclean and it has a really bad atmosphere! The first advise that the owner gave to us was how to react if the police approach us and that we shouldn't go out with a knife but use a bottle instead in case of trouble... lol Also the owner's wife was insulting us for no reason, I guess she didn't like the fact that we were from Brazil. We paid but we didn't stay there, we left without asking for our money back.

We are very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay at our hostel. We find it funny that you evaluated our hostel, without actually staying at the hostel. The co-owner did not insult you to begin with, especially for being a certain nationality. She was bothered that you showed up after closing hours, at 11 pm, when your booking states ETA at 8 pm. Our office hours are until 10 pm. It was a little inconsiderate of you to show up so late. We took you in regardless.

If you are looking for a cheap place to sleep for the night in Hollywood area, you have found it. However, if you are looking for more than that I would Not recommend you to bother to book this hostel. Make sure you are arrived ON TIME. I meant ON TIME. Otherwise the owner would sell your bed to others without notice you. these Ukrainian couples could be very mean and showing bad attitudes toward travelers/guests. And you will not meet other travelers as most of people are long-time residence.

The managers were very nice and the hosts also!

Nice cozy place. There were no travellers there though. Just locals that were on long term stays. Anyway, a nice chill atmosphere with friendly people all around. Really enjoyed the stay. The neighborhood itself isn't too great and I wouldn't advise going around too late into the night. The metro station is fairly close (10-15min walk) and it's near hollywood so if you wanna tour there it's a good place to stay. Would recommend to others wanting affordable accomodation.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • South Korea

I'll be honest, the only issue is the location. However, this problem is from the city. LA nothing is close, if you rent a car OK, you can find any place just to sleep. Otherwise, if you want to use a public transportation or bike, find a place close to Santa Monica or Tourist places.

Nice and pleasant stay. Good location friendly staff

Nice enough place, more of a long term dorm feel to it. Lots of pot being smoked. People were okay, though.

Convenient location. Walkable to Metro Station and laundromat. Thousands of TV channels plus satellite radio in every room. Cleaned every afternoon.

• 14th Apr 2015

Natasha and Michael were awesome! They are a beautiful Ukrainian couple. Very friendly and helpful. A girl got her money stolen from a regular guest. So make sure you lock your bags and take your wallet with you everywhere. Very good price, and pretty good location, near a lot of food places. Would definitely stay again.v

• 28th Mar 2015

People are super friendly, very comfortable to live and it's super adorable! Recommended!

• 5th Jan 2015
  • China

Amazing place

• 23rd Dec 2014

This is not hostel,this is paradise.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Russia

I've been to a few hostels and this is by far the worse. In fact its not even a hostel really just a house with as many bunk beds they can cram into a living area (including the kitchen) as they can. We booked for two people and were told after we had paid them that we'd be separated into different areas. People there were nice, owners were nice as well, but overall it was a pretty horrible experience. I wasn't expecting much from a hostel but this was well below expectations. Not worth it

• 3rd Sep 2014

The absolute best experience I've had in a hostel! I've never worried about myself or my things, definitely stop by if you're in LA!

• 24th Aug 2014

The owner told us never to leave our belongings out of sight, as the place is full of weirdos hanging out and smoking all day. Most of them seemed to be long-term tenants. However, at least the neighborhood seemed safe... Timen and his wife are really friendly and welcoming, but alas the place is suffering from bad management. The facilities (including mattress and bedsheets) were really dirty. I would not recommend this hostel, even if you're on a budget.

The place is cheap, but very dirty. The whole estate is weird. All rooms are connected and some people where sleeping in a bunk in the kitchen.

• 23rd Aug 2014

This hostel is horrible!!!!!!!!! The description on website is nothing match with reality! They are big liar!!!! And the hostel owner even threaten me for cancellation!!!!! And the place around the hostel is very very very dangerous!!!!! If you want to be safe, do not book this hostel, this place the worst experience that I've ever had!!!!!!! I ran away and booked another motel even though the house owner won't let me cancel the reservation, then you can image how bad the situation is.

• 23rd Aug 2014