Timen's House Reviews

5947 Tujunga av., North Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, USA

Great place! Mike and his wife run a fun, relaxed, clean, comfortable house...great location, great people! Book now, cuz this place is hot!!!

• 13th Apr 2014

First of all, this isn't really a hostel, it's simply a house with many bunk beds (including in the kitchen). They willingly leave people to smoke weed in the backyard and none of the doors are ever locked. Literally anyone from the street can walk up to your bed without a problem. The bathroom was clean and shower was very nice, but you share this with 12 people. There isn't an option of a check-in past 10pm, so if you arrive late - tough luck! The neighborhood is dodgy! Owners are very nice!

when I arrived to the hostel around 10pm, they told be that all the reservation where cancel and the place was full. they didnt let me use internet to find a place.

We booked a dormitory at Timen's house for 3 days. We also received a confirmation. At the airport we called from the information centre to this hostel to see how we could get there with public transport. On the telephone we had a person, very rude and very impolite. She said that our booking was cancelled. And that was it. We called again to see what went wrong, to sort it out, with the confirmation number in our hand, but no, no discussion. Now were waiting for hostelworld to refund our money.

• 9th Mar 2014

My stay at the Timen House was really awesome! The owner and his wife are super nice people and the place itself is really chill. It was a good atmosphere throughout plus it's in a good spot to where you can walk to everything. They had a beautiful garden full of apple trees and orange trees that we picked and ate fresh! I really enjoyed the stay, two thumbs up!!

• 18th Feb 2014

This is my first time staying here, my experience was pleasant. I am a smoker and the owner of the hostel has provided a dedicated smoking area, as well as non smoking areas. The kitchen and bathroom facilities are adequate, and the hosts provide bedding and towels. There are TVs in every room for those who like TV. Recommended for other travellers looking for a cheap, quiet place to stay.

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Slovakia

Timen's House Hostel is conveniently located in North Hollywood near two trains and several bus routes. It only took me 15 - 20 min to take the train to the Hollywood Blvd Strip and 30 - 35 min to Downtown. The staff is very friendly and made me feel welcome like if I was at home. There was no curfew or period of time in which I was required to be out of the facility, unlike some other hostels in the Los Angeles County area. I plan on staying here again the next time I visit Los Angeles.

• 17th Feb 2014

Affordable accommodation near a reasonable walk from North Hollywood train station. Good hearted owners made me feel welcome and met a number of lovely and interesting guests. Louise

• 14th Feb 2014

Good spot walking distance from the North Hollywood metro station (a short ride from Hollywood) and the Noho arts district. The people are friendly, the facilities adequate, with air conditioning, and TVs in every bedroom. Overall, a relaxing environment, and a good spot for your stay in LA.

• 19th Sep 2013

This was my best stay in LA Ever. Excellent hostile, very clean environment. Very secure. The owners work very hard to keep the riff raff out. Everyone here was so nice and polite. Fully functioning kitchen. Sparkling bathrooms. Large new TV's, Dish network. Fast WifI. If you are going to stay in LA, this is definitely the place you want to stay.

• 19th Sep 2013

Bed bugs, stay away from that place.

other than good location, everything seems poor. the first nite I arrive, the 4 bed room was overbooked and I was changed to 10 bed room which was terrible.

Nice hosts, but as someone said, it's more a place where they use a part of their house to get backpackers than an hostel. I didn't have a good feeling about this stay but maybe it's me. Pretty clean, just found one cockroach on the kitchen and a another one on the restroom. So same story, if you are looking for a cheap place, that's work.

There is not much to add than this: the money is invested in all but the hostel. In almos every room there were cockroaches and bugs. the owner seems to be nice, but is a perfidious man, trying to take every dollar out of your pocket that he can. stuff are getting stolen there weekly. so security is a foreign word for them. all i have to say: try to avoid this hostel. even though it is cheap, it is stil not worth it. there are better alternatives.

• 17th Aug 2013

I would recommend staying there only if you have hardly any money left for housing. The hostess was very kind and friendly! But I did not liked the host that much, he was a bit rude. Furthermore they do mix up the female dorm with man, so future guests if you have a problem with that you should look for something else. Also there are some guests there who are staying there for a long time. The floor is old, so if you wake up early other guests complain that you are making to much noise.

A good place in terms of price/place. More like a private place with bed to rent and facilities. It just don't look like a youth hostel so if you want to be in a "traditional" youth hostel this is not the place. But, if you want a cheap bed somewhere in LA, with normal convenience and stuff, this is the place.

BEDBUGS!!!!! My stay was 3 days

• 10th May 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed staying at this hostel. The owners Natalie and Mike are incredibly kind and generous people. The people that stay there are quite friendly and fun to hang out with. Because of the location's proximity to Hollywood there are all sorts of interesting actors

• 3rd May 2013

A cool welcome on arrival in the middle of the night, bunk-beds in the kitchen and no living space.

We let you in at 2:00am but you didn't see all our facilitties. Thank you. Managment

Really good stay. The owners have great character too.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6