Guest House Brazil-Africa Reviews

Travessa das Pedras Negras No8-2o, Lisbon, Portugal

Very nice and sweet staff. The guesthouse is a little hard to find in the beginning, because it only has a small sign in the street. The room was nice. With a small balcony and a shower and sink in the room. The room was good, but nothing special. Everything was very clean.

Safe, clean, breakfast included. It's in a pretty good location as well. More like hotel environment than hostel, but really clean and the ladies that work there are very helpful and nice.

This guest house is run by a few old ladies, a few of whom don't speak any English. Nevertheless, they made us very comfortable, and every morning gave us a massive (all-you-can-eat) breakfast with the usual bread, cornflakes etc but also cake, chorizo, biscuits, melons etc. It's like staying with your grandma :) Unfortunately no kitchen, but there was a kettle and a microwave. Location was good but up a bit of a hill.

• 28th Jun 2014

Well, this is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Pros: Good location (close to the 'praça comercial' and the subway), AWESOME breakfast (many fruits, cake, bread, cheese, ham..). But the most important was, the staff was VERY NICE. All the women who work there are very polite and helpful. I was felling like at my mom's house haha. Cons: The bed was not comfortable. Thank you Guest House Brazil-Africa and I will certainly recommend this hostel to my friends. Até a próxima!!

We had a wonderful stay at the Guest House Brazil Africa for 4 nights. The room we stayed in was bright, had a private balcony, and was very comfortable. What made our stay stand out the most was the staff — they were incredibly caring, kind, and attentive. The breakfast was good, the hostel was very clean, and the location could not be better! We were astounded at how affordable the room was — better value than any hostel we could find! I would highly recommend staying here!

Very nice service, super breakfast, thank you!

Wonderful place. Would stay there again. Best value ever

• 23rd May 2014

I was welcomed very friendly in Brazil Africa. The Maria spoke German and has given me advice with Metro, etc.. The hostel is basic but very clean and the staff really friendly and amiable. If necessary, a contact person is available around the clock there. It is very conveniently located just off the Kathetrale and the Tram 28 and very near to the Praca de Commenico. The only disadvantage you have to carry your luggage up to the 3rd floor. But even though I got help. I would recommend this h.

• 21st May 2014

Lovely hostel, with super friendly ladies who run the place. If you're a light sleeper a room near the front door might be a bit noisy, so request one located farther back. Excellent value for money.

• 5th May 2014
  • South Africa

We had a great stay. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The hostel was kept clean and welcoming.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It would be nice to have a toilet in the room but that's the way it was built. Security into the hostel was excellent but the individual room locks were old and could easily be picked.

View all Lisbon Bed and Breakfasts