Koh Tao Central Hostel Reviews

Moo 2, Koh Tao, Thailand

Such a great, clean hostel. Even in the big dorm you have enough privacy. If you have got any questions the great staff will help you. I loved to stay there and just can recommend to stay there if you want to go to Koh Tao! Thanks for the great time!

Nice clean hostel and a good place to sleep if you're not stuck by one of the yellow lights at the end of the room. Wifi is alright and cool underground theme. Recommended

The dorms are clean and the seperations are great. The AC was really cold but you could ask for another blanket without any problem. Staff was great and the place looked nice although there wasn't any common room... On the bad side, you had to walk at least 15 minutes to get to the beach area and to the bars. Depends on what you're looking for but if you want to be in the party, I wouldn't recommend this place.

Great hostel, I really enjoyed staying at central (part of the reason I stayed on a further 3days) the hostel has a nice theme to. I didn't find it hard making friends, but you have to put yourself out there - there's no communal area however the reef bar adjacent is a good place to play games, & hang out. Literally a 10 minute sober walk to sairee beach. The owner Rolf is an awesome guy, very accommodating to your needs & queries & genuine guy to share a beer with. Would definitely return!!

Nice hostel with a good staff but no common room and cold shower. But free lending of masks and snorkel.

The hostel is great. Absolutely love the underground theme. The showers are good and toilets always kept clean. The AC in the rooms is perfect. ALL staff are great (Rolf!!!). People moan there's no common area. THERE IS A COOMON AREA. Reef bar across the road is the common area. You get discount there and it's got a great atmosphere and good food. highly recommend.

• 10th Apr 2015

Not sure why this was the highest rated hostel in Koh Tao. It's average. No common area to meet other travellers. No vibe. This is just a dorm and showers. Nothing more. The sports bar across the street was great for watching football, though not really in the spirit of travelling. Sairee Beach is where all the fun is! I'd say just get off the ferry in the morning and walk to Sairee Beach and find yourself a bungalow for the same price per person in a group of two or three (that's what we did).

Good location. Staff were friendly and helpful. Comfortable bed and powerful warm shower! Overall a good night's stay.

• 9th Apr 2015

Great place to stay! The staff is really nice and helpfull, the atmospher was good and the facilities were as good aswhat you expect from a hostel. We had a great stay and would recommend staying.

Great location, great staff. They were very helfpful. Always tell you direction to places. If you want to and try just a bit, you can meet and hang out with many cool people there. (But I didn't even try. I was too beat to even speak at the end of the day) My stay there's very decent. All in all, it's a nice place to stay of you travel solo to Koh Tao. Great location just a few minutes from the main pier.

Nice owner, good atmosphere, only thing smell from toilets not great when heads up into dorm but hey tiny thing.

Location to pier is walking distance but to Sairee beach 25 minute walk. Where the hostel is located is buzzing with life but that bit calmer which I actually preferred. The owner Rolf could not do enough for me. He was polite, passionate and professional from the moment I checked in to check out. It's due to his I highly recommend staying here hilt in Koh Tao. Only improvement would be some more air freshers in toilets as at times they smelt but were very clean and great shower facilities.

Great friendly knowledgeable staff. Those complaining about smelly toilets have probably never stayed in another hostel on koh tao... Most days they're good, sometimes a bit smelly but that's the island's plumbing issue, not the hostels. Felt as secure as I could ask for.

• 16th Mar 2015

Excellent cosy place near the pier. Just across my fav bar, reef bar, which I think they own as well. Extremely helpful staff who really go the extra mile. I left a very important shirt in the hostel and after emailing them, they're going to ship it back to Singapore for me. Can't believe how nice they are, super grateful :)

Really near the pier and easy to find, one of the most secure hostels I've stayed in and the staff are extremely helpful! I highly recommend staying here!

A bit pricey, but great location. Have to set up your own bed, which is a little odd because I've stayed in $3.00/bed night and the beds were made upon arrival... No common area - just the bar across the street.. Which is cool, but pricey. Pretty secure, although cameras are in bedrooms/bathrooms, which I found strange. Staff are helpful, but seem run down half the time. Room was also FREEZING - was sick for 3 days. Apart from that though, I'd recommend it!

Amazing hostel, very near to the pier and restaurants, bars ect... The bed and pillow are confortable. The staff is so nice.

Pros: nice place, friendly staff, location close to pier, discounts in nearby shops, etc. Cons: smelly toilet area, reception closes at 5, far walk to sairee village.

I was due to stay here 4 nights an extended to 6! It's great to just walk from the pier and it's a short 10 - 15mins walk to Sairee beach! The a/c in the dorms is great an if ur too cold Rolf will provide you another blanket! The showers are hot an the wifi is great! The Co owner has a bar 'reef ' directly opposite which has the best burgers! All food there is great an cheap! Couldn't ask for more friendly staff! Great place to stay! I'd return 100%, thanks for a great stay!

Enjoyed my stay. Owner was a real nice guy. Came over to the reef bar opposite the hostel once he'd finished work and bought us drinks and sat down for chat. Would recommend staying here

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4