Koh Tao Central Hostel Reviews

Moo 2, Koh Tao, Thailand

Nice owner, good atmosphere, only thing smell from toilets not great when heads up into dorm but hey tiny thing.

Location to pier is walking distance but to Sairee beach 25 minute walk. Where the hostel is located is buzzing with life but that bit calmer which I actually preferred. The owner Rolf could not do enough for me. He was polite, passionate and professional from the moment I checked in to check out. It's due to his I highly recommend staying here hilt in Koh Tao. Only improvement would be some more air freshers in toilets as at times they smelt but were very clean and great shower facilities.

Great friendly knowledgeable staff. Those complaining about smelly toilets have probably never stayed in another hostel on koh tao... Most days they're good, sometimes a bit smelly but that's the island's plumbing issue, not the hostels. Felt as secure as I could ask for.

• 16th Mar 2015

Really near the pier and easy to find, one of the most secure hostels I've stayed in and the staff are extremely helpful! I highly recommend staying here!

A bit pricey, but great location. Have to set up your own bed, which is a little odd because I've stayed in $3.00/bed night and the beds were made upon arrival... No common area - just the bar across the street.. Which is cool, but pricey. Pretty secure, although cameras are in bedrooms/bathrooms, which I found strange. Staff are helpful, but seem run down half the time. Room was also FREEZING - was sick for 3 days. Apart from that though, I'd recommend it!

Amazing hostel, very near to the pier and restaurants, bars ect... The bed and pillow are confortable. The staff is so nice.

Pros: nice place, friendly staff, location close to pier, discounts in nearby shops, etc. Cons: smelly toilet area, reception closes at 5, far walk to sairee village.

I was due to stay here 4 nights an extended to 6! It's great to just walk from the pier and it's a short 10 - 15mins walk to Sairee beach! The a/c in the dorms is great an if ur too cold Rolf will provide you another blanket! The showers are hot an the wifi is great! The Co owner has a bar 'reef ' directly opposite which has the best burgers! All food there is great an cheap! Couldn't ask for more friendly staff! Great place to stay! I'd return 100%, thanks for a great stay!

Enjoyed my stay. Owner was a real nice guy. Came over to the reef bar opposite the hostel once he'd finished work and bought us drinks and sat down for chat. Would recommend staying here

Really nice hostel with a great staff. Easy to find, great bar on other streetside (which is like common room). If you stay here for to long, you don't wanna go anymore :D

Loved my stay here, clean, well maintained hostel with great security, and a great owner who takes so much pride in this place and is always happy to help, advise you where to go and what to see during your stay! I almost checked out after my first night, for the only reason this was my first stay in a mixed dorm hostel and I wasn't sure it was for me! But the helpfulness of the guys in the office and the great bar come common room made my stay here really great! Will definately be back!

• 3rd Mar 2015

Really nice hostel, close to the pier and really easy to find. Beds are comfortable and A/C works well, even though you have to make your own bed. Bathroom facilities were good but there was a bit of a smell from the toilets.. Good security and friendly staff with a 'common area' provided at the bar across the road. WiFi doesn't work so well in the upstairs dorm rooms, but can just be used downstairs. I would definitely recommend this hostel despite the small issues I have mentioned.

The guy that runs the hostel is really nice, let us check in early which was great.

Good hostel for value! Nice location close to the pier, beaches and restaurants. The people there is so nice and the staff is awesome. Cold in the doorms, nice when you come from the beach, but a bit to cold in the night.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Norway

Safe, secure, clean and a lot of fun! We originally booked for 4 nights and soon added another 2, having seen the place and meeting some great people there. Reef Bar accross the road is a great substitute for a common area, and all guests get 10% off food and drink during their stay. Very friendly owners, we often found ourselves having a beer with Rolf at Reef Bar. Great hostel vibe and theme! Great location, 10-15 mins walk to Sairee Beach. Would recommend to anyone and would stay again!

• 26th Feb 2015

Excellent hostel. Staff went above and beyond and gave each guest a personable experience. Good location, comfy beds. Stayed in 14 bed dorm but partition walls allowed for privacy.

• 26th Feb 2015

Really cool hostel with London underground/Banksy theme. You are treated as an individual which makes for a good atmosphere. You can tell the guy that runs the place is really passionate about the hostel and wants to make sure everyone has a good stay.

From the moment I arrived I was made to feel welcome at the hostel. Awesome vibe, really good people and excellent staff which helped make the stay more comfortable and had no problem in extending my stay, twice. Doesn't have a common room but the bar across the street more than makes up for it! Would definitely recommend this place for solo travellers, hard not to meet people here.

• 20th Feb 2015

I enjoyed my stay at Central hostel, i and two other friends all girls originally meant to stay for 2 nights but added an extra night for convience as it is quite near the ferry dock.. I found the hostel very secure, everyone has their own key and lockers are there (use your own lock). The hostel keeps your passport and has 24 hr cctv in the room (not your bed so it is still private) , nice and clean, use own towels, very basic and not lot of atmosphere as no common room but couldnt complain $$

really liked the hostel. Clean, safe, quite. But I didn't like the staff. They were either rude or full of sarcasm.

• 16th Feb 2015