Plaza de Armas Hostel Reviews

Compa�ia 960 Dp. 607, Santiago, Chile

This hostel is located on the town-center. Really good!!erfect! Subway so close, and all the things to see are close t Staff is nice. In the dormitory, you have a little place to put your stuff. It's good! There is a breakfast but REALLY POOR (2 slices of bread, with ham and cheese, and marmelade. And yoghurt so bad.) And the showers: nothing inside to put your soap/shampoo... not really clear. And you can see your neighboor of shower because the "wall" between 2 showers is really transparent.

The Hostal Plaza de Armas is very down now, dirty and badly managed! We arrived there and after two rooms terribles and dirty (every thing: bedsheets, towels, floor, walls, etc). The first room was on another floor in the building Fernandes Concha. Very dirty, malconserved, in a corridor habitaded by families in one room each. The other bedroom also was terrible and we ask to leave.

Braeckfast very basic, no cereals or something else. Toilets and showers where always dirty (morning and evening). Showers where also bad, not enough runing water. Very bad when you wanna wash your long hair.

• 12th Mar 2014

Great location and breakfast. Although a bit of a pain in the arse waiting for the lift(6th floor) every time you need to come in and out of hostel. The private room I had smelt of blocked sewerage and on the morning I checked out the receptionist tried to charge me and extra 8,000 pesos for apparently bringing 2 girls back to my room. I WISH I HAD OF!

Staff not very friendly and this was first impression of Chilli, Santiago. Rooms nice and big but had to wait till 11pm for sheets.

Amazing location, friendly staff. One night we were up partying very late with no problems, next night got asked to be quiet at 930pm.

everything was ok, except the fact that no water after 1:00 AM

The hostel was really dirty. They offered us a room with dirty sheets, with other people pubic hair... Not nice. The hostel wasn't properly cleaned. Tables with stains, kitchen with a bad smell. Staff wasn't much good, either. They were kind of nervous all the time. Come on, just a smile would be good!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I also liked the great location and the big balcony. I did not like the toilets and showers. There are too few for such a big hostel and they should be cleaned more often.

Internet was slow throughout my stay. The restrooms were not that clean. Location is excellent and it's an excellent building.

I would stay here again as it is cheap & in a great location. The negatives for me: Male showers are not cleaned often and smell BAD! I have travelled SE Asia for 11 months and stayed in some crappy hostels that were dirtier by far, but it really bothered me here and is a major let down for a nice place. 10 bed dorm is roomy but has no fans or AC and the window is tiny and does not open to the outside (just a hallway). In the afternoons and evenings this during summer this makes it a sauna.

Awesome hostel!! Will definitely stay there again if I'm back in town.

The only positive thing was the location since its walking distance to the main "tourist attractions" I paid for a private room; which was on the fourth floor; so I was isolated and had to deal with people ( I suppose theylive there) staring at me, God knows why, it was such a terrifying experience so, I spent most of the day outside. Aparta fo from that the i the wifi only worked on the sixth floor whhere the rest of the lodgers stayed.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Peru

We didn't like it... mainly because it was extremely dirty. Staff were impolite. We paid for a private bathroom. But the shower didn't have water and everything was clogged. So we had to use the shared bathroom. Even when we talked to the staff they made no effort to solve our problem. We ended up losing money paying for a private bathroom that we didn't use. And they didn't care. Although the view was beautiful, the neighborhood is very dangerous and dirty.

• 18th Dec 2013

Staff were nice but fairly incompetent. I organised two airport transfers and on both occasions the driver didn't show. On the second occasion the driver was to call the reception to let us know they had arrived. No member of staff was at reception at the time the driver was to show and that was the case for at least 20 minutes before the pick up time. Poor form.

• 25th Nov 2013

Nice stay and amazing view. Staff could be nicer...

Great atmosphere, welcoming staff and could´nt have asked for a better location. Easily accessible by metro, in the dead centre of the city and a great view over Plaza De Armas from the rooftop balcony.

• 28th Oct 2013
  • Scotland

A huge room with nice view to the Plaza de Armas. We didn't expect that kind of room for that price. The staff was very friendly, the beeakfast okay (and not excellent). The hostel was a very lucky choice we can recommend!