Plaza de Armas Hostel Reviews

Compa�ia 960 Dp. 607, Santiago, Chile

I liked the hostel, but I suggest to improve the breakfast.

This is the most disgusting hostel I have ever stayed at. I Arrived at midnight and couldn't check into my room straight away and the staff couldn't speak English and made it 100 times more difficult for me. I couldn't wait to get out of there. The location was great but I did not enjoy my stay

• 11th Sep 2015

Best location in town! Plenty of lockers, good showers, guest kitchen. Very poor breakfast, however (ONE bread roll, margerine, jam, instant coffee & powdered milk). The terrace also needs some looking after.

Excellent location and kind staff. The only drawback is the cleanliness. The room was dirty, stinking. The trash can in the room's bathroom was already full when we arrived and was never cleaned during our stay. Also there was an used towel in the bathroom, which remained there. Seems like they only make the beds, but don't really clean the room.

Great view of the plaza from the top, Great people here and all the facilities are top notch and very cheap price. Location is a tad dodgy at night

The breakfast was poor and the cleaning was awful

At check-in staff was very helpful extending my reservation since I decided to stay for one more night in Santiago. However, nobody showed me around so I had to figure out myself where to shower, etc. They also put my linens on the wrong bed so next morning the cleaning lady removed all my stuff from the dorm assuming I was checking-out. Imagine my surprise when coming back after a long day of sightseeing to find an empty bed and my backpack was missing!

A nice hostel. Good views, subway on your doorstep so easy to get around. they had a sweet kitten while I was there! had to make your own beds..

The Hostel is really well located, but the cleanliness not ok. The bathrooms are dirty and have mold on the ceiling. The kitchen is nasty - dishes and all the cookware are always dirty, dishtowel so dirty I wouldn't even clean my butt with it. Our room was outside and there was no heating - we froze. The terrace were the barbecue is and were everyone stays at night talking and drinking was right outside our window, so it was IMPOSSIBLE to sleep before 12:30. Staff was nice and helpful.

Great location, meh hostel!

There is a scam going on in this hostel! If you do not speak Spanish they will taken advantage of the language barrier. We requested a taxi for 11am (19,000 peso). Long story short, the receptionist insisted we asked for a taxi for 7am. If this was the case, there was no attempt to locate us at 7am, inform me at breakfast when she saw me at 9am. Argued with me at 11am. No refund was given. A second taxi was not called.

Pretty standard hostel, get what you pay for Good: - decent kitchen - good wifi when it works - great location Bad: - not that clean - atmosphere was pretty down (was quiet season to be fair) - boys showers broke!

People there are very friendly, the rooms are wide and clean, the breakfast is good and I really recommend this hostel.

Unique place in the heart of the City. Up on the 6th floor we stayed in both a dorm and private room. They all had comfy beds and space for our things. Toilet is never in the rooms it's a strange lay out, especially having to go down 2 floors to shower. But the resident kitten is cute and the common area is always busy.

Positives: - Can not be a better or easier location to get to in Santiago! - Amazing view over the Main Plaza Square and rooftop terraces (2 of them) - Hostel is new, showers are hot and easy to control, beds are comfy with lamp, plug socket and wifi in bed. Negatives: - Not much to be honest! However, if I had to really be picky, I would say the atmosphere was a bit dead (low season) and staff could've tried more to organise events. Overall, a great hostel with an unrivalled location!

Nice place! Would definitely stay again..

• 20th Jun 2015

Great location on the 6th floor if a very grand building. Wifi wasn't the best, but worked well sporadically. Staff were friendly but not the most sociable atmosphere. There is a laundry for 6000 pesos and if you ask at the desk you may be pointed towards a hot shower. Toilet locks don't work so led to a few awkward situations!!

If you are looking for a place, which the location is close to everywhere i recommend choosing this hostel! BUT if you are thinking about taking hot shower, toilets clean, WI FI connection and friendly staff DO NOT GO to Plaza de Armas because:1º: I stayed between 14 and 17 June 2015 and there was no HOT SHOWER; 2º: Men toilet was absolutely dirty and disgusting; 3º WI FI connection I gave up to complain and didnt work;4º The staff were rude and they don't care what is going on at hostel, shame!

Stayed in 4 hostels in santi & was best & also cheapest. Well attended by cleaning/reception staff. Awesome location. Breakfast & wednesday free choripan are skimpy but what do you expect at this price? Social atmosphere varied from raucous groups to long termers to quieter cultural tourists but at least unlike other hostels I stayed at in santi at least there were always people to talk to. Org/flow of hostel is nice with 2 terrace areas at either end & well stocked kitchen. stayed 2 weeks.

You get what you pay for. The hostel is located right in the down town of Santiago but good luck finding it! It is located on the 6th floor of an apartment building. And there are no signs anywhere! I walked around lost for an hour before I figured it out. The hostel itself is fine, beautiful views but terrible showers. The beds are stained, and the comforters are clearly never washed. I don't know if I would stay here again, but at $9 a nights it's a hard deal to pass up.