Plaza de Armas Hostel Reviews

Compa�ia 960 Dp. 607, Santiago, Chile

it is a good stay,,your can walk to many attraction,or join many free walking tour

Great location and view but disappointing otherwise. Our private room was not in the main hostel with loud children screaming outside. Although large our room had cock roaches.

My stay at Plaza De Armas was pleasant. The view from the balcony was beautiful, the kitchen was useful and the staff were very helpful and kind. However I wasn't supplied with sheets, the showers were very poor and the breakfast was very average, which was expected considering the price. Overall I would say good value and great location and the wifi was pretty good.

• 13th Jan 2016

Very cool location right in Plaza de Armas but it was very noisy in our private room and the large pane windows that served as two of our walls blocked little sound and made it quite hot in the room. Bathroom could use a bit of updating as the tubs a bit mouldy. Laundry facilities available but quite pricey for DIY laundry in SA. Location can't be beat though, sights,groceries and restaurants super close by and a well stocked kitchen made eating and exploring easy.

Very nice hostel. Space. Very well located and good Value For Money !! But I did not find the staff very welcoming. They answer your question if needed but are not to receptive to say hello and goodbye when you enter and go out of the hostel. A lack of human touch. Also the breakfast is very poor. 1 coffee or tea, marmelade, but just 1 piece of bread no more.

Since i arrived, the staff at the reception was not very professional. The hostel itself is nice but the facilities are really poor and basic. Maitresses really dirty. Hot water? Not found. Showers were disgusting. I am sorry but this is one of the worst hostel i have ever stayed.

Great location with a fantastic view over the plaza. Small kitchen with few utensils missing. Breakfast not worth getting up for.

Our bathroom was absolutely horrible, it looked like a construction site! Breakfast was poor with a Little biscuit and some Marmelade. However, staff was friendly.

This is without a doubt the worse hostel I've ever stayed. The worse was the cleanliness. I've stayed with them a hole week and thay haven't cleaned my room a single day. By the way, the room was already dirty when I arrived.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • lucassalviano

WiFi was very bad. Showers and bathrooms could be much cleaner. Hostel is cheap and located perfectly.

the location and the view is fantastic. and the price also cheap only 1 bad thing is water pressure. water pressure was sucks... really

Cheapest hostel in the city, located in the old city center. It has a really nice living room and balcony, great atmosphere. But it's a cheap hostel, so it has a few problems. My locker space was broken, the staff solved the issue but it took a while. Showers were cold on the only night I spent there, worst part of the hostel in my opinion.

Stayed in a private room on a different floor to the hostel, room was clean, lovely with lots of space and great view of the square below. Our one regret was that we didn't spend enough time on the main balcony as its a great spot to people watch. One issue we had was that we Google mapped the hostel and it bought us 4 metro stops away from the hostel. I have since discovered directions on the hostel world app which help a lot when trying to find a place.

They should take more care with security, bathroom cleaness and a better wifi.

• 13th Dec 2015

The wi fi wasn't working properly. It was the only problem

• 10th Dec 2015

Best location in the city. The view is amazing from the roof terrace over looking the city's main square. rooms are big bright and clean. Hostal has a great atmosphere. The staff are helpful and friendly. You won't find a cheaper or better hostel it made our Santiago experience unforgettable.

• 10th Dec 2015

Stayed only one night and I think it's a good value. Bathroom could be way more cleaner! Staff helpful and friendly, but they seem to be overworked. Relaxed atmosphere and supreme location no doubt about it.

Twin room is really simple and wasn't the cleanest, but otherwise a good hostel with amazing view from the balcony

Hot showers didnt work, WiFi kept cutting off if it even worked in the first place, breakfast very limited, and it was often quite noisy in the dorms from the sounds of plaza de armas, there was a demonstration taking place when I was there until at night. Beds were not in good condition either. But otherwise decent common area, nice patio.

The staff is the best you can ask and super welcoming . Only downside were the bathrooms, they could be a bit cleaner.