7.1
Very Good 865 Total Reviews
7.1
Very Good 865 Total Reviews
Plaza de Armas Hostel Located at Compaia 960 Dp. 607, , Santiago.
Chile
Santiago Santiago 92501 Compa�ia 960 Dp. 607
71% 865
-33.4386219 -70.6504368
    Rooms available

1st Dec 2016

So guys - this hostel is all about location, location! Right on Plaza de Amaras! Dead centre! And - the Team is extremely welcoming - you have a readymade family away from home when you stay here. Teferi, William, Alex, the Ladies are all willing to help, to chat and to teach you salsa!! I turned up a day too early - no problem! Teferi dealt with my predicament efficiently. Also, when I made my initial enquiry by email, this hostel was quick to acknowledge It. Thank you.

• Germany, All Female Group, 18-24
29th Nov 2016
7.4

The hostel has an amazing and unique view over Plaza de Armas. It is very central. Rooms are big and there are lockers available outside the rooms. The breakfast included just two slices of toast per person. Paying separately and with cash was impossible as they had no change. The showers were cold and one day just came out a tiny rinvulet. We ordered a taxi from the hostel which didn't appear.

• andrewstewart_19836084
  • England, Male, 31-40
28th Nov 2016
6.0

The location is great and easy to get to once you work out where it is. The views from the balcony are amazing. All the staff seem to live in the hostel and a good proportion of them are a bit cliquey and off. Also they treat the place like its their own home and make loads of noise coming back at 5am. Also the rooms could do with better ventilation.

• USA, Female, 25-30
23rd Nov 2016
4.3

1 toilet that was constantly filled and covered with feces because it couldnt flush. 1 sink with a bucket underneath. Who knows what all over the blanket. And blasting music into the morning. I wish we had listened to the reviews about this place. The location is great but we could not wait to escape.

19th Nov 2016
3.1

The wort hostel i've ever been! When I arrived I was very tired, they didnt accept credit card and said that I had to pay in cash. I asked them if I could pay them on the next day cause i'd had a hell of a trip, they said "no!". Anyway, I had to go to the bank, then i gave them the money and the same guy frim the reception asked if he could give the change on the next day!!! Funny isnt it? The most stinky elevator ive ever been to. There are some prostitutes living in the same building!

• eva3sisa6470
  • England, Female, 41+
18th Nov 2016
7.7

No hot water Good laundry service

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
10th Nov 2016
4.0

The stuff was extremely unfriendly for the check-in and during our stay. The guy only spoke English with my Chilean boyfriend which is kind of sad in a Spanish-speaking country. The breakfast was bad and our double room was in another part of the building (outside of the hostel). In the bed we found hair and it did not seem that they cleaned before we arrived. The only positive thing about this place is the location and we are really not complicated people.

• USA, Male, 41+
23rd Oct 2016
8.0

Great location and very friendly staff! Improvements could be made in maintenance and cleanliness of the site. If you are on a limited budget, as we were, this is a top option in Santiago.

18th Oct 2016
6.6

No soap in toilets though they were cleaned daily. They also have a retarded system whereby you are assigned a specific bed, meaning you can't have a bottom bunk even if it's free. I also had to change bunks because I was apparently in the wrong one, even though it was a member of staff who showed me to my bunk. Staff exhibit no emotions and are sometimes downright incompetent. However the price is not bad, location great and there are plenty of plug sockets.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
8th Oct 2016
6.6

Some of the staff were helpful but nothing to rave about. The location is amazing and the amenities are acceptable.