Plaza de Armas Hostel

Very Good 999 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
17th Jul 2017
6.0

Once I had checked in, I was directed out of the main hostel to my private room that was just a room off the main corridor of the hostel (which was less secure). It wasn't particularly clean and was very cold. When I asked if they had a heater I was told no and that they just had blankets. The breakfast is meagre with strict signs everywhere saying you get one bread roll. The bread roll tasted good but wasn't enough for breakfast. Nice views of plaza to armas and ok location.

• China, Mixed Group, 25-30
14th Jul 2017

Good location , friendly staff !

• nduong093496
  • USA, Female, 25-30
29th Jun 2017
7.1

Very cold lounge space. It appears that staff members make up the majority of the hostel and there is not too much of a social environment when I stayed there.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
26th May 2017
5.1

There was no atmosphere in this place and not a place to meet people. The majority of people seem to live there. One member of staff came into my room at 5am shook me awake and told me to move bed because I was in the wrong one. I was scared and confused and luckily the guy sleeping below me made him go away. This is no way to treat a customer especially when it was their mistake. We received no apology for this. I would never stay there again!

5th May 2017
6.6

GF and I had a private and best value for money of any hostel I've been to - huge room, private wifi, ensuite, even an amazing view. Hostel kitchen is tiny, poorly equipped and a bit gross; cockroaches pouring out of everywhere! Common space and shared bathrooms looked a bit shabby. BUT, this hostel is right in the main square, so location (aside from being on 6th floor) couldnt be better. Staff is bad in English, so you'll do a lot better If your Spanish is conversational.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
25th Apr 2017
5.7

Location is great, view off the balcony great. We decided to pay more for a private room as we wanted to get some sleep before an early morning flight. There were people outside our door on the balcony making noise until 3.30am when we left for the airport. We had no electricity in the room, no light. There was a taxi service we were told about as we were leaving but it was too late to order one even though I asked at reception the day before how to get to airport at this time.

• alicianavetta7109
  • USA, Female, 31-40
22nd Apr 2017

Fabulous location next to the Plaza de Armas. Area is a bit sketchy at night, but the building has good security. Huge lockers and good wifi. Breakfast is coffee, toast and jam. Dorm beds are clean and comfy. Kitchen use is a huge plus. Friendly staff. Would stay again.

21st Apr 2017

Great staff, very helpful. The location is the best part. You have an amazing view on the plaza de armas on the balcony. Perhaps the facilities could be a bit better (kitchen and bathrooms), but in overall it's worth it.

18th Apr 2017
7.1

Staff were friendly. They had little English, so it helps to have some Spanish here. Good lockers, fair bathrooms, clean enough. Wi-fi was hopeless and I had to go to an outside cafe to get online to book my next travels. Location is right in the most central part of town; great for access, not so great for noise.

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
14th Apr 2017
4.3

On arrival the woman at the desk was incredibly rude and blunt. We were given keys and told our room was two floors below the hostel in a housing complex. We had to find the room ourselves and we weren't shown around the hostel or any facilities. There was no wifi in the room as we were told, it's very misleading. I wouldn't call a slice of bread half toasted with cheap jam "breakfast".