Plaza de Armas Hostel Reviews

Compa�ia 960 Dp. 607, Santiago, Chile

We had an apartment with kitchen, bathroom, lounge, view over the plaza for the same price as a twin or double room. Breakfast was meagre.

Location is great right at plaza de Armes and really easy to walk every where. Staff and the view was great。we booked double with bathroom。but it is on the 4th floor。room is very big but bathroom is very run down! There is hot water but water pressure is not great。 There is a table and chairs but no cups or anything。no hooks or shells for clothes。 And wifi only works for one device。 Breakfast is very simple only one bread one jam and butter plus coffee and tea

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Good location for sightseeing, but not for eating or drinking. Very close to a Metro stop. Everything is a bit tired and worn inside: a repaint and some fresh decor (and sheets) would be nice. Staff were very helpful. Breakfast was basic. Quite cheap. Not a bad option overall, but Bella Vista seems like a nicer area.

This hostel was not a great experience for my friends and I. We had just arrived in Santiago from A 23 hour bus journey and we were tired and just wanted to sleep. The hostel room we were placed in was dirty and the beds weren't made, we had to make them ourselves; revealing the dirty old pillows. We were all on top bunks but there was only one ladder between two bunk beds, meaning I couldn't get up to go to the toilet in the night, as the ladder was on the other side of the room. Not ideal.

Awesome location, the reason i would book again

Much better places to stay in the city. Staff are average and not too speedy, check in took ages. breakfast is poor. Location and common deck over the main plaza are awesome but overall better value and quality available

Kitchen was very well equipped. Location was excellent and staff were helpful! Atmosphere was pretty chilled out, not a party hostel.

I liked the hostel, but I suggest to improve the breakfast.

This is the most disgusting hostel I have ever stayed at. I Arrived at midnight and couldn't check into my room straight away and the staff couldn't speak English and made it 100 times more difficult for me. I couldn't wait to get out of there. The location was great but I did not enjoy my stay

• 11th Sep 2015

Best location in town! Plenty of lockers, good showers, guest kitchen. Very poor breakfast, however (ONE bread roll, margerine, jam, instant coffee & powdered milk). The terrace also needs some looking after.

Excellent location and kind staff. The only drawback is the cleanliness. The room was dirty, stinking. The trash can in the room's bathroom was already full when we arrived and was never cleaned during our stay. Also there was an used towel in the bathroom, which remained there. Seems like they only make the beds, but don't really clean the room.

Great view of the plaza from the top, Great people here and all the facilities are top notch and very cheap price. Location is a tad dodgy at night

The breakfast was poor and the cleaning was awful

At check-in staff was very helpful extending my reservation since I decided to stay for one more night in Santiago. However, nobody showed me around so I had to figure out myself where to shower, etc. They also put my linens on the wrong bed so next morning the cleaning lady removed all my stuff from the dorm assuming I was checking-out. Imagine my surprise when coming back after a long day of sightseeing to find an empty bed and my backpack was missing!

A nice hostel. Good views, subway on your doorstep so easy to get around. they had a sweet kitten while I was there! had to make your own beds..

The Hostel is really well located, but the cleanliness not ok. The bathrooms are dirty and have mold on the ceiling. The kitchen is nasty - dishes and all the cookware are always dirty, dishtowel so dirty I wouldn't even clean my butt with it. Our room was outside and there was no heating - we froze. The terrace were the barbecue is and were everyone stays at night talking and drinking was right outside our window, so it was IMPOSSIBLE to sleep before 12:30. Staff was nice and helpful.

Great location, meh hostel!

There is a scam going on in this hostel! If you do not speak Spanish they will taken advantage of the language barrier. We requested a taxi for 11am (19,000 peso). Long story short, the receptionist insisted we asked for a taxi for 7am. If this was the case, there was no attempt to locate us at 7am, inform me at breakfast when she saw me at 9am. Argued with me at 11am. No refund was given. A second taxi was not called.

Pretty standard hostel, get what you pay for Good: - decent kitchen - good wifi when it works - great location Bad: - not that clean - atmosphere was pretty down (was quiet season to be fair) - boys showers broke!

People there are very friendly, the rooms are wide and clean, the breakfast is good and I really recommend this hostel.