Vila Veselova Reviews

Veselova 14, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Great hostel, awesome location, staff we very friendly and helpful, we will definitely stay here again next time

Great place, definitely the best to stay at in Ljubljana by the sounds of it. The 2 younger ladies working at reception were v friendly, funny and helpful, especially Tiasha (think thats her name). She was super kind in helping to arrange a day trip outside of Ljubljana - which turned out to be one of the best days of my travels. Slovenia is beautiful, will definitely return.

staffs are funny and enthusiastic, that's nice room ok, except for someone keep snoring in the night, but that happens :p bathroom water is unstable, sometimes it get too cold or hot suddenly location close to center, and next to ambassador building, quite safe area a little pricer for a hostel i think, but it's acceptible

Comfy homey hostel. I would recommend

Very friendly and welcoming hostel. From having an early breakfast to printing our boarding passes the staff were really helpful. Only a 20 minute walk from the bus station and ten minutes into town - we would recommend this hostel.

The staff rocks! They go out of their way to make sure everyone has a good stay, and have great tips on nightlife and dinner options. This hostel is definitely the place to stay on Ljubljana.

This hostel was very lovely and comfortable. It was easy to meet people as a solo traveler, and the staff was incredibly helpful in giving advice about things to do around the city. I would definitely stay here again!

Comfy beds and clean rooms but no outstanding atmosphere so it's not that easy to meet others. Kitchen is pretty and Not on the Same Level as the common room. It is located within a 10 minutes walk to the City Center which is okay but compared to the size of Ljubljana Not very central.

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. Its not the closest one to the center but the city is fairly small so everything is walking distance from the hostel. The staff is really nice, bunk beds in rooms are very sturdy and the locker is really large. Would definately stay there again!

Very good hostel and the stuff is very helpful and friendly :) bad thing: toilets and shower are directly next to each other

some of the hostel nicest staff i've encountered

The sign at the door says Welcome To Your Home Away From Home. This is really the truth. This hostel is excellent and after only one night we felt like it was truly a great place to stay. My girlfriend became sick when we wete leaving. They had no obligation to help us as we had already checked out but they did everything they could. Really an amazing place. Close to the town centre and beautiful.

Really pretty hostel, but not the best atmosphere though they do have a nice common area.The beds were the best I had during my three week trip though Europe, and the free breakfast was also a big plus.

Lovely people, nothing to complain about with the Hostel. Staff were exceptional and very helpful, even at 2 30 in the morning, when I'm pretty sure she was supposed to have finished work at 8, but even so she was up to come help me close the window during a thunderstorm. I think I scared her because I was standing in my pants, giggling as the thunder and lightning went off. Sorry about that. All in all a marvellous stay.

• 2nd Aug 2014

A cosy hostel situated about a 10 minute walk from the centre of town. A train line does run directly besides the hostel, so we had to sleep with the window closed. This was fine as our room was air conditioned. The girl (I think owner) on the front desk was very helpful. The only problem was the cigarette smoke in the downstairs social area from guests smoking directly outside, particularly while trying to have breakfast.

Great staff, great hostel. Would highly recommend it!

It's in a historical building so it can seem a little musty and old. Personally, I like that. In any other city, the Location would be penalized, but Ljubljana is not very big so it's not a big deal that the hostel is on the edge of the city center. Staff were helpful and the price for washing and drying your clothes was reasonable at 5 euros. If you're traveling in the Balkans, make sure to mention that to the reception as they have good advice about where to stay.

Great Hostel! Clean, awesome staff, organized, tons of helpful info, and just overall really nice. Made my stay in Ljubljana great and I wish I could have stayed longer!

Comfortable & good location