Vila Veselova Reviews

Veselova 14, Ljubljana, Slovenia

I didn't get any sleep when I stayed at this hostel. Between a guy vomiting in my room in the middle of the night, and a large group of people partying in the common room until 6 am, there was a ton of noise. The staff leave the hostel at 8 pm, so even though there is a sign asking people to be quiet, there is no one there to enforce it. There was plenty of parking nearby and the location is about a ten minute walk to the city center. Don't forget to bring your own towel.

This is one of those hostels you love and want to go back to when re-visiting a city. Rooms aren´t crowded, beds aren´t squeaky, bathroom is clean, lockers are attached to beds and provided with key, there is parking available and breakfast included! what else could you ask for? Staff is the best too!

We had a great stay at Villa Veselova. It's a beautiful building in the typical local style just on the edge of Tivoli park and within walking distance from the city centre. The staff were very helpful, breakfast was included (toast with jam, chocolate spread etc & muesli or cornflakes + tea and coffee). Good atmosphere in the hostel and computers with internet for free use for guests! Great place, def. recommend it!

• 13th Mar 2015

Great hostel and lovely staff. Best free breakfast I've had in a hostel!

Couldnt find fault, the staff were helpful and very welcoming. Would definitely stay again!

• 4th Mar 2015

I had a fabulous stay at Vila Veselova. The hostel is located in a safe place, right next to Tivoli park and only 10 mins walk from the historic centre. The rooms were clean and the facilities were great - clean kitchen, hot showers, good internet connection. The people were fun and the staff were very helpful with recommendation about exploring Ljubljana. Highly recommended for jolly travellers!

• 24th Feb 2015

I had a wonderful time staying in this hostel, and I will definitely be recommending it to anyone headed to Ljubljana. The hostel itself was great and clean, but ultimately, it was the staff that really made the experience for me. They were extremely helpful and gave terrific advice.

Thanks for your review. We are honored you liked your staying here and we always try to be helpful as much as we can. We want every guest to feel like at home because that's the most important. Thanks again.

Tre hostel way a great stay and the staff too were very flexible and helpful! Totally understanding and patien with those panicky travellers with some nice advice :) services were great according to the price and the rooms were nice, comfortable beds only reccomendatipn is that in the winter thicker duvets are needed after midnight all of the rooms are freezing! Thanks for a wonderful stay and making my Ljubljana experience a nicer one :)

Thanks for all compliments. You are always welcome here :)

The hostel is in a good location and is easy to find from the station. The staff are friendly and keep the hostel really clean. You get a big locker which was really useful. I arrived late and had everything set out for me as reception wasn't open. The people I met staying at the hostel were really friendly and we had a good night sitting in drinking. This is a good hostel if you want a comfortable bed but nothing too crazy.

Thank you a lot. Such comments makes us happy and reward all our efforts.

Great room (Pink Room) - loved the big beds, reading light and power-point per bed. Was nice to have free breakfast included. Only downside was that the computers didn't seem to connect to the internet - could log in wirelessly, but would have been nice if the computers had worked.

Beautiful hostel ~ Lovely staff

Great hostel overall! Location is a 10min walk from the centre but it's very close to Tivoli park, which is very nice. Security is good but I think it would be better if there was a staff member present at all times. Ursa is a fantastic staff member who makes you feel welcome and is always interested in sharing suggestions about places to go, food, music and so on. There's another girl, who I think was too curt with guests sometimes. Don't take her too seriously and you will be fine ;)

The neighborhood is safe, even though the hostel street is really dark at night. The staff seemed to be there as an obligation, and not because they wanted to. It was really hard to meet new people there. No one of the staff stays at the hostel at night, which is pretty strange and unsafe. While we were there, someone broke into the hostel and stole the money from the snack machine. The owner of the place was very nice and caring, but she needs to improve the security asap.

Really nice hostel. Feels like you are at home. The personal is really welcoming, they even left me breakfast when i was leaving really early. Not much of a party hostel, but you can meet people while using the common areas. I totally recommend it!

Reception closes at 8pm, which means there is not a single member of the staff to control drunken inconsiderate guests that return late at night making lots of noise. If you are checking in after 8pm it might be an issue too. Dorms are spacious and comfortable and toilet/shower good. Location about 20 min walk from train/bus station and 7 min from main square.

Would definitely stay here again. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was nice, decent (but small) kitchen, comfortable and spacious bedrooms, decent location (easy walk to center of city), etc. Ljubljana itself was one of the biggest pleasant surprises of my European travels. Such a lovely city with happy people and so much charm. I highly recommend a visit to this city and hostel.

The Hostel was totally price-worth it. Although the pillow was a little bit small but the bed itself was very big and comfortable.

Lovely hostel, super clean and has a warm homey feeling to it. The staff were always really helpful and welcoming. It's not centrally located but it doesn't matter because Ljubljana is so small that you walk to the centre in 10 minutes or less! It's near some museums and Tivoli park. Free wifi and free breakfast. Overall excellent, would definitely stay here again and recommend it! Thank you :)

Thanks for your great review - we are honored. We know how it is when you are far from home and with those small thoughtful touches and kindness we want everyone to fell like at home. We are glad you enjoy your staying here in our Vila.

The staff at this Hostel are so friendly and happy to just have a chat and hang out. Really helpful and made my stay such a breeze. I would highly recommend this Hostel..

This is exactly what we want to achieve, so thanks a lot. And of course you are always welcome back.

Modern and clean, located 5 minutes to the city centre. I totally recommend it.

Thanks for your review.