Vila Veselova Reviews

Veselova 14, Ljubljana, Slovenia

This hostel is really more like a home away from home. The staff are excellent and make you feel extremely comfortable at the hostel. They are attentive to details and are very knowledgable about the city and Slovenia in general. The rooms and facilities were very clean and you have private toilet/showers which is a nice change for some privacy. Breakfast is basic but decent. The location isn't right in the centre of the old town but it's so close. It's nice to have a stroll around anyway!!

I was only here one night, wish I could have stayed longer. The hostel is like being at home and having a fun slumber party with friends. Except these are new, awesome travel friends. The downstairs area with the big table, the balconies, and the free breakfast create a great social atmosphere. Most of all, the staff is fantastic! Shout out to Carmen! Thanks for making me feel right at home and laugh after a long day of traveling misadventures. Will definitely return!

Cool and cheap place to stay. The railway line is just 50 meters away from the building, but for some reason I couldn't hear it at night. Deffinetly recommend.

It is a little bit to of the main area, but that is okay since Ljubljana is such a small city! The accommodation was very nice, and it is always good to get an included breakfast =) The only thing I thought was weird is that the showers are for both sexes (you get your own private little booth though!!)

Loved this hostel! Staff is great, rooms are spacious and clean, included breakfast (basic but good). I liked that there was heaps of info about what to do and see in Ljubljana and all of Slovenia, and how to do it. Staff was very helpful about giving any needed information. Has a lot of character and is more like a big house than a generic hostel.

One of the best hostel I stayed in during my trip! Staff is very friendly, rooms are clean, the hostel is very well located! And if you leave early in the morning, they'll prepare the breakfast and write a nice note for you.

Thanks for your review, Michael!

The reception staff is very very nice and friendly that she told us all the necessary information. The facilities are well-equipped and the atmosphere is good. Though it seems to be a little bit away from the city center, it worths for its quality.

Thanks for reviw, Wong!

Very good stay for a rather calm environment. Beds are great for a hostel. Sanitary installations are good.

Thanks, Moritz!

The location is in a quiet area, yet next to a main road. Its a short 10 min walk, if that to the riverside. The outside of the hostel looks a little dilapidated. Apart from that it was ok. The usual, nothing bad.

Dear Adam, we don't know, how you can write the review? Have you ever been in Vila? Yes, you booked the hostel, but you didn't show up!

Had a fantastic time at this hostel! The staff were super friendly from the very beginning and there was a great atmosphere in the common areas inside and out. The rooms were clean and comfortable, with individual lights and lockers. The shower blocks were clean too and there was a fully usable kitchen - and wifi!

Thanks Lizy! We appreciate that! You are always welcome!

I loved my stay in vila veseloca cause it really felt like home. the best hostel I've stayed in europe!!

We appreciate, Sabrina! Hope we see you again ;)

Lovely cosy hostel with a great free breakfast and teas. Really helpful staff and good for meeting people for solo travellers. Amazing beds - so comfortable!

Thanks, Emily ;)

A home from home. The best hostel we have stayed in so far on our travels of europe. The staff were so friendly and made you feel right at home. The beds were so comfy! Lots a lovely little touches like the rooms being different colours and they put candles up the stairs in the evening. The kitchen was ideal and really good communal areas. Location is great. And when we were leaving early one morning, they put out our breakfast with a little personl note. 100 percent reccomend!!!

We are glad that you enjoy in our house! Thank you sooo much for your nice review! Hope that we you see again!

We really enjoyed our stay at Vila Veselova. The staff were extremely helpful and communicated very well prior to our arrival. They helped us navigate the city and gave us a lot of good tips. The hostel itself is really lovely with great facilities (the free tea, coffee and drinking syrup is great). Location is a little out of the old town, however within a 10 minute walk you can be there.

This hostel has a lovely homely feel and it is easy to meet people in the kitchen on the second floor as everyone is always walking through. Huge lockers under the beds and clean bathrooms and wifi that works in the bedroom! It's a bit of walk from the station but only five minutes into town.

Very nice homey hostel about 5 minutes walk to the edge of old town. Staff was very nice and everything is very well maintained. Attracts a more laid back traveller perfect for the relaxed vibes of the city.

Everything was fine our room had air con which was perfect and it's located an easy 10 min walk from centre and 30 min from bus/train. The staff were very helpful and the free breakfast was good! Laundry was €5 for a big load which was washed,dried,folded and put back in your room all by the staff! Not a hostel for socialising and the kitchen area was impossible to cook in. The bathroom on our floor was 3 toilet cubicles & 2 shower cubicles shared but was never a queue! Overall good hostel!

Great enviroment, awesome service and attention, Tottally recoemnded!

Everything great about this hostel - I arrived after reception was closed and they gave me the front door combination, as well as a note and keys so that I could find my bed, and when I did...I got another note with a map :) So very nice! The staff was amazing, especially the one who set up breakfast - she was very helpful and friendly. I had AC in my room as well, which was great. However, apparently the other dorms generally didn't...but I'll leave it to them to comment. Great hostel!

If you book, make sure you are not in the orange room. The other rooms are the ones pictured and they are nicely updated and have air conditioning. The orange room is really hot at night and has a dank carpet feel. The staff is pretty great. Good atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4