Vila Veselova Reviews

Veselova 14, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Very friendly and welcoming hostel. From having an early breakfast to printing our boarding passes the staff were really helpful. Only a 20 minute walk from the bus station and ten minutes into town - we would recommend this hostel.

The staff rocks! They go out of their way to make sure everyone has a good stay, and have great tips on nightlife and dinner options. This hostel is definitely the place to stay on Ljubljana.

This hostel was very lovely and comfortable. It was easy to meet people as a solo traveler, and the staff was incredibly helpful in giving advice about things to do around the city. I would definitely stay here again!

Comfy beds and clean rooms but no outstanding atmosphere so it's not that easy to meet others. Kitchen is pretty and Not on the Same Level as the common room. It is located within a 10 minutes walk to the City Center which is okay but compared to the size of Ljubljana Not very central.

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. Its not the closest one to the center but the city is fairly small so everything is walking distance from the hostel. The staff is really nice, bunk beds in rooms are very sturdy and the locker is really large. Would definately stay there again!

Very good hostel and the stuff is very helpful and friendly :) bad thing: toilets and shower are directly next to each other

some of the hostel nicest staff i've encountered

The sign at the door says Welcome To Your Home Away From Home. This is really the truth. This hostel is excellent and after only one night we felt like it was truly a great place to stay. My girlfriend became sick when we wete leaving. They had no obligation to help us as we had already checked out but they did everything they could. Really an amazing place. Close to the town centre and beautiful.

Really pretty hostel, but not the best atmosphere though they do have a nice common area.The beds were the best I had during my three week trip though Europe, and the free breakfast was also a big plus.

Lovely people, nothing to complain about with the Hostel. Staff were exceptional and very helpful, even at 2 30 in the morning, when I'm pretty sure she was supposed to have finished work at 8, but even so she was up to come help me close the window during a thunderstorm. I think I scared her because I was standing in my pants, giggling as the thunder and lightning went off. Sorry about that. All in all a marvellous stay.

• 2nd Aug 2014

A cosy hostel situated about a 10 minute walk from the centre of town. A train line does run directly besides the hostel, so we had to sleep with the window closed. This was fine as our room was air conditioned. The girl (I think owner) on the front desk was very helpful. The only problem was the cigarette smoke in the downstairs social area from guests smoking directly outside, particularly while trying to have breakfast.

Great staff, great hostel. Would highly recommend it!

It's in a historical building so it can seem a little musty and old. Personally, I like that. In any other city, the Location would be penalized, but Ljubljana is not very big so it's not a big deal that the hostel is on the edge of the city center. Staff were helpful and the price for washing and drying your clothes was reasonable at 5 euros. If you're traveling in the Balkans, make sure to mention that to the reception as they have good advice about where to stay.

Great Hostel! Clean, awesome staff, organized, tons of helpful info, and just overall really nice. Made my stay in Ljubljana great and I wish I could have stayed longer!

Comfortable & good location

• 14th Jul 2014

nice,helpful staff ,good location

Very clean, staffs are so kind. If you plan to stay in Ljubljana, strongly recommend vila veselova. Overall excellent! !!

• 9th Jul 2014

I could not fault this hostel at all. So many pleasant minor details that added to my overall experience. Reception staff were amazingly helpful. Great location. Super clean. I never write reviews but felt I should definitely write a positive one for this hostel.

Great large room with plenty of space! Included own locker, reading light and powerpoint. Basic breakfast included and tea and coffee available. Approx 10 min walk into town, and across the road from a large park. One good sized bathroom per dorm room- could potentially be slow during peak times, but we didn't have an issue. Staff friendly and helpful.

Dusty rooms, bit dank, otherwise great stay

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4