Vila Veselova Reviews

Veselova 14, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Best hostel I have stayed at for a long time. Smaller hostels tend to be more friendly and homely then large ones and Vila Veselova made me feel very comfortable and welcome.

I went to Ljubljana with my friends for 3 days in December 2015. When we arrived the reception was closed, but the staff left us a very nice message with the key of our room. Immediately we had a very good impression of the place. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. The bathroom very clean! Tea was always available and the kitchen was clean. The hostel is only 5 minute walk from the city center. The stuff was very nice with us all time long. It was the best hostel I have ever seen and

• 5th Dec 2015

An excellent choice for the backpacker. Not a party pub-crawl crowd; more an international traveler stop. Staff were great. Breakfast OK, close to the areas of interest, convenient to bus and train. I will stay there again in a few days.

Enjoyed my stay, would come back again.

Thank you Kinsey, we were happy to have you around! Vila Veselova staff

The hostel was one of the best hostels i have ever gone. Clean,warm,very kind people. Everything was perfect!!!!

Alexandros, thank you very much! We're always trying to do our best that's why we appreciate you compliment a lot! It was great to have you around, hope to see you here again. Vila Veselova staff

This hostel is very nice with cool common rooms, great facilities (kitchen, laundry, free computers, good wifi, free breakfast etc.), excellent staff and good atmosphere. Fair prices as well! Highly recommended.

Hilde, thank you very much for your positive words, we really appreciate them and are happy that you had a good time here with us. It was a pleasure to have you here. Best wishes for you! Vila Veselova Staff

I enjoyed my stay at Vila Veselova immensely. Your driendly staff and helpful tips made my stay a pleasure.

The staff were very warm and welcoming and the atmosphere was friendly and comfortable. I very much enjoyed my stay, and the staff sometimes made sure to go our of their way to make sure I was taken care of.

Thank you Maeve! We're happy that you enjoyed it here in our place! We'll be happy to welcome you again at any time in the future! Good lucks, all the best wishes for you! Vila Veselova Staff

I loved this hostel. I had stayed at Hostel 24 for a few nights, but switched because the other hostel dorm was in a basement with no windows. Ugh. Vila Veselova is adorable and decently located. Not in the middle of the city, but an easy walk away. I liked that it is next to Tivoli Park if you like walking/hiking, and all the museums are very close. The staff is friendly. The free breakfast is nice, but simple. I like that they have a free food bin for travelers who leave food behind.

Really great hostel and the staff are friendly. I read comments about it being far away from the city but this is simply not true - it is about a 5 minute walk from the city centre and 10-15 from the bus station. It is a nice, cosy hostel which is clean and pleasant. It's also just a few minutes' walk from Tivoli Park and the Opera. I really loved the hostel as it had everything I needed, like a bedside light and power socket, laundry facilities, good wifi, etc.

Very nice hostel . Great location. Great breakfast. Friendly staffs with a lovely dog, Lucy.

Lovely friendly staff. Free breakfast, with delicious apples. Bunks were great, having your own light and power point makes all the difference. Kitchen was well stocked, except only one element. Location a bit far from train/bus but good access to city sights. Thanks for a good stay!

Elizabeth, thanky you for your positive words, we really appreciate them. We're happy that you enjoyed it here! Vila Veselova Staff

We had a very relaxing and nice stay at Vila Veselova... the information from the Receptionist was excellent and sweet!! thanks very much!

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Austria

Thank you very much, Anna! It was our pleasure and we're happy that you enjoyed it here! Vila Veselova Staff

Our stay in hostel veselova was great! Hostel is clean and stuff very helpfull, we have been told all about the city, the best spot to go eat and drink and so on... Atmosphere there is really friendly so we absolutely recommend staying in this hostel!

• 12th Nov 2015
  • Czech Republic

Petra, thank you for you positive words, we're always happy to see that people enjoyed it here in our place. Hope to see you again if you'll be paaing by Ljubljana again some day! Vila Veselova Staff

Nice hostel, a little way out of the city center but still close enough to walk. The staff are really helpful / the check/in takes 15 minutes because of all the info they want to give you! Also, the rooms are huge and very light from the large windows. The kitchen is well enough equipped and the computers work well.

Thank you Melody! It's always nice to see that people enjoyed our place, we're going to keep going that way! Good luck! Vila Veselova Staff

enjoyed my stay really much! Staff is super friendly and relaxed and even parking just in front of the house is super easy for a small amount of money. there is also free breakfast and free tea/coffee/juice all day!

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Austria
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Alexander, we're really glad that you enjoyed your staying in our hostel!! You're always welcome to come back again! ;) Vila Veselova Staff

Excellent hostel in a charming house just outside the centre. Spotless and spacious rooms. The staff are all incredibly nice and friendly, and the size and layout of the common areas make for a great social atmosphere. Very ideal for solo travellers and small groups looking to meet people.

Thank you Evan, feels good to read a review like this! It was nice to host you here, you know where to find us if you'll ever be back in Ljubljana, we'll be happy to welcome you again! Best wishes for you, Vila Veselova Staff

Beautiful building in a beautiful part of the city, the dorm rooms are a great size and have comfortable and private beds. One thing I really liked compared to other hostels I have stayed in is how personal the place felt, more like a visit to a friends house than to a business.

Thanks a lot William!! We really like doing what we do so we're happy to hear that people feel good in our place! We're glad that you enjoyed your staying with us. Good luck! Vila Veselova Staff

Good facilities, helpful and friendly staff, not far from the city centre.

Ryan, thank you for your positive vibes! :) Vila Veselova Staff

Nice hostel. 6 minute walk to city centre. Good showers. Kitchen is limited because of the single burner for stove. Quiet place don't expect a party hostel, but this could change depending who's in the hostel maybe. Make sure to contact them on arrivals later the 8pm as reception closes then.

Hi Mackenzie, thank you for your nice review! We're going to keep in mind your comment about the stove and do our best to provide more cooking space. It was a pleasure to host you here. All the best wishes for you! Vila Veselova Staff