Vila Veselova Reviews

Veselova 14, Ljubljana, Slovenia

I told the staff while I was there that this was the best hostel I had ever stayed at! I have stayed in hostels throughout Europe (and a few in the U.S. and Canada) and this hostel satisfied me in every way. The staff was friendly and helpful - they prepare early breakfast to accommodate me (& left nice notes wishing me a pleasant day!), the bathrooms were clean & modern, the house gorgeous, quiet neighborhood... But the beds were best - each had a huge lockable drawer that fit all my luggage!

This is exactly what we want to achieve, so thanks a lot. And of course you are always welcome back.

This is one of those hostels you love and want to go back to when re-visiting a city. Rooms aren´t crowded, beds aren´t squeaky, bathroom is clean, lockers are attached to beds and provided with key, there is parking available and breakfast included! what else could you ask for? Staff is the best too!

Thanks for your review. We are glad and honored you liked your staying in our Vila...

We had a great stay at Villa Veselova. It's a beautiful building in the typical local style just on the edge of Tivoli park and within walking distance from the city centre. The staff were very helpful, breakfast was included (toast with jam, chocolate spread etc & muesli or cornflakes + tea and coffee). Good atmosphere in the hostel and computers with internet for free use for guests! Great place, def. recommend it!

• 13th Mar 2015

Thanks for all compliments...You can come back any time!

Very nice and clean hostel in walking distance to the city center, a huge park and the main train station. The sweet atmosphere felt almost like home. The breakfast was good and you could enjoy tea with syrups the whole day. 100% recommendable.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed with us. You are always welcome here :)

Great hostel and lovely staff. Best free breakfast I've had in a hostel!

Couldnt find fault, the staff were helpful and very welcoming. Would definitely stay again!

• 4th Mar 2015

Highly recommend it to anybody! The staff are super friendly and made our trip as memorable as it could possibly be. Great location, good quality rooms and facilities. Stay here if you go to Ljubljana!!

I had a fabulous stay at Vila Veselova. The hostel is located in a safe place, right next to Tivoli park and only 10 mins walk from the historic centre. The rooms were clean and the facilities were great - clean kitchen, hot showers, good internet connection. The people were fun and the staff were very helpful with recommendation about exploring Ljubljana. Highly recommended for jolly travellers!

• 24th Feb 2015

I had a wonderful time staying in this hostel, and I will definitely be recommending it to anyone headed to Ljubljana. The hostel itself was great and clean, but ultimately, it was the staff that really made the experience for me. They were extremely helpful and gave terrific advice.

Thanks for your review. We are honored you liked your staying here and we always try to be helpful as much as we can. We want every guest to feel like at home because that's the most important. Thanks again.

Tre hostel way a great stay and the staff too were very flexible and helpful! Totally understanding and patien with those panicky travellers with some nice advice :) services were great according to the price and the rooms were nice, comfortable beds only reccomendatipn is that in the winter thicker duvets are needed after midnight all of the rooms are freezing! Thanks for a wonderful stay and making my Ljubljana experience a nicer one :)

Thanks for all compliments. You are always welcome here :)

The hostel is in a good location and is easy to find from the station. The staff are friendly and keep the hostel really clean. You get a big locker which was really useful. I arrived late and had everything set out for me as reception wasn't open. The people I met staying at the hostel were really friendly and we had a good night sitting in drinking. This is a good hostel if you want a comfortable bed but nothing too crazy.

Thank you a lot. Such comments makes us happy and reward all our efforts.

Great room (Pink Room) - loved the big beds, reading light and power-point per bed. Was nice to have free breakfast included. Only downside was that the computers didn't seem to connect to the internet - could log in wirelessly, but would have been nice if the computers had worked.

Thanks for your review. We are glad you liked our Vila and enjoyed your staying here. maybe atmosphere was not so cool, couse the low season :( Yes, we had some promblems with computers, but we managed in the short time

Beautiful hostel ~ Lovely staff

Thanks for your review. It seems that you enjoyed your staying in our Vila very much and we are really honored about that.

Great hostel overall! Location is a 10min walk from the centre but it's very close to Tivoli park, which is very nice. Security is good but I think it would be better if there was a staff member present at all times. Ursa is a fantastic staff member who makes you feel welcome and is always interested in sharing suggestions about places to go, food, music and so on. There's another girl, who I think was too curt with guests sometimes. Don't take her too seriously and you will be fine ;)

Thanks for your review. All of us are always trying to help our guests with info, suggestions and tips and to be helpful as much as we can. Maybe one of the staff had a bad day :(

The neighborhood is safe, even though the hostel street is really dark at night. The staff seemed to be there as an obligation, and not because they wanted to. It was really hard to meet new people there. No one of the staff stays at the hostel at night, which is pretty strange and unsafe. While we were there, someone broke into the hostel and stole the money from the snack machine. The owner of the place was very nice and caring, but she needs to improve the security asap.

thanks for your review. We are so sorry, that you didn't enjoyed your staying here. This is the most securest part of Ljubljana. We are in the middle of embassies( Japan, Austrian, Russian, German..), Government Palace, Ministry of the Interior and Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Really nice hostel. Feels like you are at home. The personal is really welcoming, they even left me breakfast when i was leaving really early. Not much of a party hostel, but you can meet people while using the common areas. I totally recommend it!

Thanks. Overall, we try to feel this place like "home away from home" ;)

Reception closes at 8pm, which means there is not a single member of the staff to control drunken inconsiderate guests that return late at night making lots of noise. If you are checking in after 8pm it might be an issue too. Dorms are spacious and comfortable and toilet/shower good. Location about 20 min walk from train/bus station and 7 min from main square.

Would definitely stay here again. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was nice, decent (but small) kitchen, comfortable and spacious bedrooms, decent location (easy walk to center of city), etc. Ljubljana itself was one of the biggest pleasant surprises of my European travels. Such a lovely city with happy people and so much charm. I highly recommend a visit to this city and hostel.

The Hostel was totally price-worth it. Although the pillow was a little bit small but the bed itself was very big and comfortable.

Lovely hostel, super clean and has a warm homey feeling to it. The staff were always really helpful and welcoming. It's not centrally located but it doesn't matter because Ljubljana is so small that you walk to the centre in 10 minutes or less! It's near some museums and Tivoli park. Free wifi and free breakfast. Overall excellent, would definitely stay here again and recommend it! Thank you :)

Thanks for your great review - we are honored. We know how it is when you are far from home and with those small thoughtful touches and kindness we want everyone to fell like at home. We are glad you enjoy your staying here in our Vila.