Vila Veselova Reviews

Veselova 14, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Loved this place. Great if you're travelling solo.

Staff were really friendly and helpful from the start. We all enjoyed our time here. Couldn't do more for us. Close to the centre of Ljubljana. Definitely booking the hostel again when we next visit.

Staff were great and offered good advice for things to do in the city. Good location only 5-10 min walk to river/old town centre. Would definitely stay again!

This hostel reminded me of of the Adams family home but so much better, the beds are really comfy and the top bunks have plugs which I found useful, it's easy to find the staff are very helpful and overall I loved it, great place to stay

Good hostel with friendly and helpful staff. Walking distance from everything, although not in the very center.

Vila Veselova is lovely! It looks a little bit like a haunted house from the outside, but once you're inside it's great. Staff were amazing- so helpful. Basic breakfast in the morning, which is always nice. Good kitchen facilities. Comfy beds- nice sturdy bunks, so they don't move at all when your bunk mate is a restless sleeper. Great location- Ljubljana is so small anyway, so it's just a really short walk to anywhere.

Nette Leute, gutes Frühstück, 10 Minuten bis ins Zentrum zu Fuß, dafür gerade neben dem wunderschönen Tivolipark. Bei offenen Fenster eher laut im der Nacht, aber das kann man ja schließen :) empfehlenswert!

Far away from the trainstation (1.7km), but a taxi to the hostel is just 4€. The hostel should name this option in their hostel information. Makes traveling a lot easier :). Stayed in mixed 8person dorm. Dorm looked fine, AC was working perfect, bathroom was clean. No key to lock the dorm. Nice mix of travelers in the hostel. Security is not so good. Reception is only open from 8am till 22 pm. There is no control in the hostel after 22 pm. Bit far away from the old enter. Breakfast is basic.

Thanks for your review. We have security service 24/7 and also the night bell. So, the guests can always call us, if they have some problems. The old town-Triple bridge is only 10 min walking (official on the map of Ljubljana!) The breakfast is basic, but still you have 3 types of cereals, 3 types of jams, apples, chees, chocolate spread, cocao, butter, coffee, various teas, milk and toast....

Really cool place; it's a large house made into a hostel. All facilities and beds are good quality too. Staff is friendly and helpful.

An amazing hostel worth your time. the staff is amazing. I will definitely stay here if I return to Ljubljana.

The beds in the 8 man door are very comfortable and have handy plugs in the side, the style of them also gives privacy. We loved all the little touches to the hostel which made it so incredibly homely, the breakfast was simple- bread, jams and cereal but the staff made sure that everyone was ok and had eaten. Would definitely recommend and return if I were visiting again!

This is really cool hostel. It doesn't feel like a hostel but more like a home. The atmosphere is super relaxed, staff is friendly and helpful and rooms are unique and very comfortable. Breakfast included to the price is really nice thing even the breakfast is really simple. No complains! We would warmly recommend this hostel!

this hostel is great, I will definitely going to remember this one. if I ever going to visit Ljubljana again i will stay here. staff is really friendly and the hostel was really clean. i would defiantly recommend this hostel to every one ! just one tip, i would prefer some better coffee at the breakfast

This was the best hostel I stayed during my trip to Europe. The only downside was that, my locker was broken so it didn't work. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great atmosphere. Great breakfast. I really regretted not extending my stay longer. If I ever come back to Ljubljana, I would definitely stay here again.

Loved this hostel, really sociable, and great location. Friendly and helpful staff and good breakfast included too. Cute outside area and clean bathrooms and kitchen areas too. Would definitely stay here again.

A really lovely hostel, with staff having great knowledge of all the cool stuff going on in town. It is located on the edge of the city, but the city is so small that it is still really easy to get around on foot. A lovely hostel with a great free breakfast!

I loved this place and Ljubljana so much I extended my stay an extra night. It's in a lovely old mansion near a huge park and the walk to Old Town takes you past some fascinating new and old architecture. The staff were delightful, and really took the time to talk to you and make you feel welcome. I loved sitting on the terrace with a cup of tea, listening to the blackbirds in the morning. I nearly smothered a snorer in my dorm, but that's not the hostel's fault! I can't wait to return!

Best hostel experience I've ever had, the major reason being: the staff! So friendly and helpful, and funny! I fell in love with the entire crew - Mojca, Nina, Urša, Karmen, Simona, Tina, and everyone else who works there.

• 20th Jun 2015

A nice place to stay in Ljubljana. It had a good atmosphere, with nice beds and big lockers. The only minor issues I had were the shower for our room needed proper glass not curtains that forced the staff to put numerous towels down to contain the water, the location isn't the best being next to the train tracks, and the breakfast was very basic. But overall I recommend this place.

An excellent place to stay. Staff were very welcoming and friendly and made a call to our car hire place on our behalf due to a query we had. We stayed in the double en-suite room - only suggestion I would have for the hostel would be to have a curtain that covers the full length of the window in the door to block out the common room light. Overall though everything was great.