El Hostal de Jackie

8.5
Fabulous 212 Total Reviews

• Colombia, Male, 31-40
16th Apr 2017

My stay here was great, everything was really good, the location couldn't be better ... I would definitely come back and stay here!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Apr 2017

Great location near lots of restaurants and cafes and only a 15 minute walk to the bus stop for Minca and Tayrona. Personal fans and outlets at every bunk bed and huge lockers. Downside was that the atmosphere wasn't great as a single traveller, so not the ideal spot to meet people. Breakfast was lovely (lots of egg based choices) on the rooftop. Was able to leave my backpack for 2 nights without being charged as well which was really helpful.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
15th Apr 2017

Best hostel in Santa Marta! The staff were so great I almost felt bad how many questions I was asking but they were always very gracious and helpful, the pool is extremely clean and refreshing, terrace was gorgeous and breakfast was amazing. The location is also very close to everything in the historic centre which is where you want to be. I accidentally left my sleeping bag there which is really expensive and Maria was nice enough to use her own money to send it to me in Cartagena! Thank you!!

• France, Female, 25-30
14th Apr 2017
8.0

i was in a 10bed dorm with 1 bathroom. I had to wait once to use the shower (or you can go to the reception area and use the bathroom there). The bathroom was cleaned dayly however with everyone using it, the feeling of cleaness would not stay long. Each bed has a fan (it can get noisy, bring earplugs), the mattress was not so confortable, i would sink down in the middle of it. Breakfast was ok. Nice neighbourhood, supermarket 5/10mins away. Lovely street with bars/restaurant 3mins walk.

11th Apr 2017

Una terraza con vistas impresionantes. Trabajadores muy amables y espacio muy limpio. Una cosa---no hay netos para mosquitos ni aire acon, por eso me puse un poco nerviosa dormir con la ventana abierta. Pero dormi bien con el ventilador. Gracias a todos :)

11th Apr 2017

THE ROOMS ARE HOT AS HELL! Other than that everything was great in the hostal. The breakfast terrace is really nice but when I was just there I wouldnt dare go in the pool. It looked like things were growing inside. Id stay there if you want a budget hostal in a good location!

8th Apr 2017

I only stayed here overnight to prepare for my lost city trek. The front desk staff didn't speak any English, but were extremely friendly and eager to help. They drew a map of the area with points of interest (atms, shops, good restaurants), which was helpful. I liked that there were lockers in the dorm large enough to hold an entire backpack+. And the bathroom was in the room. The deck was nice, although there weren't many people using it that night.

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
7th Apr 2017

Nice hostel in a good location. We stayed in a private room which was very nice and had air conditioning which is a must!! Nice breakfast too.

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
5th Apr 2017

I stayed at Hostal de Jackie four times during my time in Colombia. By my first stay the staff had learned my wierd sounding danish name and when I returned a second time I was greeted like a long lost friend. The rooftop bar has a chilled atmosphere and the bartender James makes the best drinks. The bilangual staff are friendly and helpfull. Wifi works perfectly everywhere and facilities are good and clean. Location is close to everything but on a quiet street. I cannot recomend a place more!

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
25th Mar 2017

Great location and breakfast! Friendly and knowlegable staff. Roof terrace was a nice perk. Would definitely recommend for anyone looking to stay in Santa Marta for a couple of nights.