The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

Best hostel that I have stayed. Staff are great, have a amazing chill out garden with a pool, Bar all night long and also a restaurant. The kitchen is very clean and with all equipments you need to cook a quick hostel meal. They organize tour all day to check all the sights spots in Santa Marta. for sure is a travellers Hostel.

Nice pool, bar, great food....but it's the staff that really make this place the best in Colombia! Very helpful, friendly and a great sense of humor. :) Best hostel in Colombia by far!

This place is really nice. It is a huge party hostel with extremly friendly stuff. The only cons was location. It is nothing around. If you want to go to the city, park, marina etc you need to take a taxi. But the taxis are cheap.

Really great hostel with a good atmosphere and extremely clean facilities. I loved the staff, they remember your name and are so helpful and kind! Thank you Lynette and Diego and the other receptionists whose names i dont know anymore. I stayed longer than I intended due to credit card problems but I still didn't get bored and met many interesting other backpackers.

Thank you for being so fantastic!

We stayed a total of 4 nights at this hostel and really enjoyed it. It had a nice relaxed vibe during games the day. Staff were really helpful. Breakfast was really good for the price. Only downside is you have to get taxi into the town, but that's cheap enough. Rooms were spacious and bathrooms were clean . Kitchen could be better equipped. Overall enjoyed our stay.

Feels more like a hotel with a really good social vibe. Rooms clean. Good AC and food food. Only negative is that it is outside of Santa Marta, but that didn't bother me at all because there was a good group of people at the hostel. Big bonus is that it close an actual mall with a proper grocery store so you can stock up before heading to tayrona.

Fantastic experience ... Great atmosphere, the food is delicious. ... Staff helpful .. See you

Location: Too far off from the center of Santa Marta. the bus takes more than 30 Min. At night you have to take a taxi. Staff: Reception kept me waiting for two hours for my bed. Although I asked a couple of times if it's ready they kept me waiting only to tell me after two hours that it had been ready for an hour. Also the receptionist told me there was no shuttle bewtween Dreamer SM and Dreamer Palomino. Next das another one told me that there was one...

Dear Roland, sorry to hear about your inconvenience with the buses but the taxis cost less than 2 dollars anywhere in the city and take 7 mins to Downtown. Also check in is at 2pm and you arrived early in the morning, we have to wait for our other costumers to check out before we can clean the room for the new check ins. To go to Palomino you can take a bus 3 blocks from here and it cost less than 3 dollars. We will be providing Dreamer to Dreamer service on November. Hope we get a 2nd chance :)

It's a great place and I highly recommend it. I visited twice already! Staff is super nice and helpful.They organise daily tours to Tayrona park, the Lost city tour etc. Rooms are nice and clean with lockers. Also, they provide fresh towels every day, so you can chill by the pool and have delicious cocktails from the bar. Big and specious kitchen if you want to cook or you can order food which is reasonably priced. It's a cool hostel for socialising, but not a party one!

Great staff who spoke perfect English with good knowledge of the area! good location, and atmosphere. Hostel offers plenty of activities both at night and during the day! Great place to meet people so would recommend for those travelling alone!

loved Diego who worked behind the desk. cool as place with a great viva for meeting people. Santa Marta is not that exciting but you can go to minca, polomino or tyrona super easily from here so it's a good base and place for a couple of nights

One of the best hostels, really social and great pool!

Up there as one of the best hostel I've ever stayed at - great atmosphere, great staff...just be careful, you may never want to leave!

Nice looking hostel, everything is nearby, only bad thing was that they didnt have hot hater whatsoever, cold shower everyday is not nice at all

Good food. Relatively clean. This is a party hostel with mostly early 20'ish crowd!!!!

Great for meeting people but v. noisy (loud music outside the building during the night). Great for extravert, horrible for introverts. Staff is helpful (e.g. you can leave your luggage with them). Concerning the trip to the Lost city, in Sept 2015 there was a virus in the camps where you say during the trek. Most people came back or at least get sick during the trek. The hostel surely knows the reality but continues to facilitate the purchase of the excursion to their guests.

Staff are all incredible, so lovely and helpful. Facilities and rooms are also fantastic. Only downside is the restaurant, we thought the food was very poor (worst we've had in Colombia), especially for the price. Sort the restaurant out and the hostel would be perfect!

• 20th Sep 2015

Excelent Hostal!!! Good atmosphere!!! Great service!!!

Es genial!!!, todos son súper amables, el hostal es muy lindo y la comida es deliciosa!!! Mi recomendado absoluto 👌🏻