The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in and I've traveled a long time. Great rooms, amazing staff, great vibe, very clean and everything you could want from a hostel and more!

this place is really cool. I recommend it. Rod is a very charismatic bloke that gets the party started. Stay here if you get the chance

The best staff I have ever experienced in a hostel. Great spot to hang out near a pool and prepare for your lost city trek/relax after. Much better than La Brisa. One down side is you can't walk to many places nearby.

I loved my time at The Dreamer! The pool was fab, the dorms were clean, the chill out / TV area was super comfy, with loads of movies to choose from. Excellent location for visiting Tayrona, and there's a shopping mall nearby with a massive supermarket and cinema complex!

• 2nd May 2015

great hostel, staff are helpful, a lot to do

Really good hostel, its clean and staff is really friendly!! Make sure you book a room with airco!! It is really hot in Santa Marta.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. Was a good atmosphere with lots of things to do but also places to relax.

Amazing place to chill and for having vacation of vacation practically, good location,great restaurant and Best staff ever seen in my travels before!!Great facilities, all cleaned and new grass makes it look fancier!! Thank you guys!!!

SO GLAD there was AC in the room. Great pool atmosphere, and the cooks are the sweetest ladies ever

• 28th Apr 2015

I really liked the hostel, you have a good environment, the kitchen is reasonable, the restaurant has great options and the food tastes good, the dorm that I stayed was clean but there was only one electricity plug available for 6 people, I think you could improve it cause I had to charge my stuffs at the bar, the swimming pool is good. I don't remember the names of the staffs hat work at the reception, but they were very helpful and gave all informations that I needed.

Quiet. Clean. Helpful staff!! Nice pool hang out area!!

Perfect hostel!.. Everything I needed and more. Great for booking tours and great hospitality!

Stayed at the Dreamer for 7 nights with my GF. After reading all the great reviews it didn't disappoint. We stayed in a private room with ensuite. Apart from not having AC the room was great. During the day you can relax by the pool, which is amazing, very clean or lay around in a hammock. The kitchen has loads of choices, the pizzas are especially good. The front desk staff really go that extra mile in helping you out, also the Bar staff! Not hard to see why its won best hostel in Colombia!

Amazing staff and facility. My only complaint is the music begins at 9am and doesn't stop until midnight. Does it really need to be high energy all day long? Despite this I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Santa Marta

An excellent, excellent place to stay.Comfy rooms with plenty of space, clean showers, great atmosphere, amazing vibe, pool to relax by, on site restaurant with good prices, activities and cool people. And most of all - amazing friendly staff. It is also a great base to explore Tyrona and Minca. A great place to start your Lost City trek and relax after. This is not a party hostel, but downtown (with nothing to do ) and Taganga is a taxi ride away.

Pros - really friendly staff, pool and delicious breakfast, all you can eat Cons - loud EDM until midnight so no chance of sleep before Lost City Trek. our group like to party, but this place was not really our kind of vibe. All in all, good place to stay for a springboard out to various attractions around Santa Marta

Really nice hostel. Staff are so friendly it bordered on the psychotic! Room was great apart from the shower which was a bit of a dribbler. One problem is that the bar is so loud! It goes on till 12 with literally no chance of an early night. But then again I am a bit of an old fart.

Great hostel with very helpful and friendly staff. Some dorms have a/c which is worth the extra $. Pool is great and activities are organised most nights. Breakfast available is well worth it. Safe and secure but a little too far from town if you don't want to spend all your time inside the hostel. Only thing in the area is a large shopping mall.

This hostel was great, but it was super far from downtown Santa Marta. There is a grocery store nearby and the kitchen was great to cook in. There's a pool as well as a large hangout room upstairs with a TV & lots of movies. The restaurant was good, but a tad pricey. The 4 bed dorm room with private bath was great. A/C was a plus, but not necessary (early April). The staff was helpful & friendly too.

One of the best hostels i've stayed in because the staff are such a laugh and i came at the right time where the atmosphere was quality