The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

Good set of hostels. Staff are helpful, food is decent and dorms are pretty good to. We had a great time in the Santa Marta and the Palomino hostels.

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your good feedback about our hostel, facilities and restaurant, we are also very happy to see that you enjoyed our other Dreamer Hostel at Palomino beach. We hope to welcome you back in the near future so you can enjoy another good experience at Dreamer hostels Fulvio, Dreamer hostel team

Cool staff, awesome vibe and excellent facillities

Dear Traveler, Thank you very much for your excellent feedback about your experience at Dreamer hostel. Also thank you very much for your positive comments about the hostel staff, vibe and facilities. We hope to welcome you back soon in S.Marta Fulvio, Dreamer hostel team

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! Booked two nights but extended to four. Staff is great and makes you feel really welcome (Hi Tony! :) ). Private room was spotless and big. Comfortable bed, nice bar, pool and common areas. Cozy atmosphere. Noise was not a problem, as the bar closes at midnight and people get it. Food at the restaurant is good, but could use more Colombian dishes. Downsides: Location good for Tayrona, but far from the city center, cold showers, internet is spotty.

• 26th Jan 2015

Dear Traveler, Thank you very much for your last feedback and good comments about the facilities, environment and the service provided by our staff. we are particulary happy you enjoyed the athmosphere! Regarding the Location is true is very good for Tayrona but also for Minca and other attractions! City center is only 2 dollars away by taxi so easy to get there when you like to... Come back soon! Fulvio, Dreamer hostel team

Great pool, bar and social areas. Staff very friendly & helpful. yummy food & cocktails. Negatives: Shower heads v hose-pipe like, could be better. Sinks v awkward for shorter people. Supermarket across road is crazily expensive, much cheaper stuff can be bought in SM main town! Overall great hostel tho, would stay again.

Dear Traveler, Thank you very much for your last feedback, we are happy you loved our pool, staff and restaurant, across the street we have the Bolivar museum (considered one of the main cultural sites in Colombia) and Buenavista shopping center that is the main shopping in S.Marta. The huge supermarket inside the mall is an "Exito", the major chain in Colombia, they have products for every pockets. Hope to see you again soon also at our Palomino property Fulvio, Dreamer property team

To be honest, one of the best hostels i've stayed in.

Dear Traveler,, Thank you very much for your amazing review and for your time to share your experience on Hostelworld., we are proud you think we are among the best property you have been to! we'll always work to improve our service and to help travelers with all their needs Come back soon, Fulvio, Dreamer hostel team

We met good people here including the staff who were very helpful. Unfortunately the hostel is not in a good location as it is far from town, though quiet, and close to buses.

Hostel with great pool, bar and vibe. Very easy to meet other travelers. Only drawback: Location (out in the 'burbs of Santa Marta). Bathroom mopping could also use a little improvement. The floors of the bathroom were always wet.

My stay at the dreamer was amazing. Not only are the facilities top notch but the atmosphere there was always good. The staff were probably the best part of they stay, every single one of them was friendly and happy to help in any way possible. They even had volunteers that organized events and worked behind the bar and they all became close mates. Best hostel I have stayed in Colombia if not ever. You guys rock!

Dear traveler, Thank you very much for your review, taking a moment of your time to share your experience with other travelers is something we highly appreciate. We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed all the facilities of the hostel and also that you have received a good service from the staff. Reviews like yours let us now we are on the right track. Thank you again! Fulvio, Dreamer hostels team

Damn I love this place. Amazing people and reat atmosphere. Hostal is beautiful and location is perfect just before going to tayrona, minca or St Marta. Activity organiser was the best and either gay or a gf back home cause treated everybody equally despite all the pretty women there... Bar personal was good too. Great bringing back memories. Miss you guys!

• 21st Jan 2015

Very good hostel. Everything you need. Superhelpful staff. Great atmosphere with a pool in the middle, resaturaunt, bar etc. Great place to stay if you wanna explore Tayrona.

It's an okay hostel if you're not looking for a party atmosphere. If you're looking for that, then you have a great location. I would have loved for music to be quieter later in the night or be able to find quiet(er) spots in the hostel. The toilet seat in the ensuite in my room was broken throughout and there was no hot water. It'll do the trick, and they do organize or help organize quite a few trips and tours. The front-desk staff was pretty awesome.

FANTASTIC staff. They were so friendly and helpful. They made you feel right at home.

This place is amazing!!! I was going to mention some of the staff members by name, but to be honest, all of them were just absolutely amazingly helpful and friendly! I had such a great time here, and they even took care of my stuff while I went and visited Tayrona for a couple of days, so I didn't have to bring it all with me. Just go there, and see for yourself how amazing they all are!! Plus be sure to do the Chiva tour!!! :)

• 16th Jan 2015

Dreamers is absolutely the best hostel we found in all of Colombia!! Highly recommend a visit.

very clean, super breakfast buffet, most helpful staff and all of them remembered the names of almost every guest!!! 4 bed dorm a bit tiny, 10 bed dorm very noisy, 6 bed dorm was perfect for me. nice bar with cheap drinks and activities they offer activies like scuba diving, a day at the beach, minca, .... big shopping mall 5 m located a bit out of town, but for 5000COP by taxi you're at the harbor. only 3 showers and 2 toilets

Great amenities, beautiful outdoor pool area to hang out at. Easy to meet other travellers. Make sure you check your bill at the end of your stay though! I checked it half way through, asked them to take off a meal I didn't order and then didn't re-check when I paid at the end of my stay, discovering afterwards that they hadn't taken the charge off. Event and bar staff were great but the front desk staff always seemed to be doing something more important than any questions I had.

This place became my home away from home. The staff are so friendly and helpful, some of the best I have come across in my travels around the world. Very clean. Beautiful pool. Close to the supermarket, also has a restaurant on site. Close to the bus stop for Palomino and Parque Tayrona. It strikes a good balance between a social hostel and allowing for relaxation or sleep. A short taxi ride into town or Taganga for continued partying. Cheap Spanish lessons on site. I will miss you guys!!!

Very well run hostel with excellent facilities and a great swimming pool. The staff are also wonderful.

We used the dreamer as our home base while exploring the Caribbean coast, easy day trips to Tayrona Minca and Concha. Clean and confortable. Supermarket very close, nice staff. Palomino Dreamer was also very good.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Loved this hostel!! It was one of my favourites.. The staff really make this place, they are so helpful and happy and there is a great atmosphere and I loved the pool and nice rooms.