The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

This is what I would call a resort hostel, and a bit of a party hostel. If you want to escape from Colombia and meet other foreigners, you will likely be very happy. But if you're like me and want to feel like you are in Colombia when traveling in Colombia, then this is not the place for you. It is a 20 minute taxi ride from the center of Santa Marta - the only thing around the hostel is a mall. The hostel blasts American music until midnight. Staff is more concerned with being cool than helping

• 16th Dec 2015

The best part of Dreamer is the staff, very, helpful and professional!! Their English is good, which I helpful for those who speak English, but limited Spanish. They are very helpful with arranging tours, transportation, etc. Location is excellent for trips to Tayrona National Park. They are not located within walking distance to Downtown St. Marta, but they are located close to a big mall that has a good grocery store, ATM's, etc, and local shops, restaurants, bars, etc. Perfect Hostel!!!!

Best hostel I've been so far! Clean rooms, good restaurant including breakfast, cool bar with a pool in the yard to relax! And the staff is awesome! Helpful and very kind! Especially lineth does everything to make my or your stay for a good time in Santa marta! I'll come back in my life; )

It is not always easy to find a good hostel for a mid 30's adult in Columbia not seeking a young party scene, especially one in such a great location. The hostel is very comfortable, welcoming, and very helpful with your arrangement needs to Minca, Tayrona, Palomino, and ect.. The dorms and private rooms are comfortable. The staff are very friendly and nice. Alejandra helped me coordinate my plans around Santa Marta and gave great advice. She is truly a great asset to this hostel. Thank you A

• 8th Dec 2015

Most of the employees at The Dreamer Hostel were incredibly friendly and helpful, with the exception of one with short brown hair who always seemed to be either drunk or vastly undereducated about the hostel. My opinion of him is a bit swayed after I caught him talking negatively about me in Spanish. Regardless, employees like Diego and Andres more than made up for him. Overall my experience with the hostel was good. Trash could be taken out more often.

• 8th Dec 2015

Beautiful hostel! All the facilities you need. Super clean. Helpful staff. Great place to relax before doing Tayrona or Lost City.

Superb place to stay out of town a bit but non issue there big shopping mall 5min walk away, swimming pool, bar , super food what else do you want !

One of my favourite hostels I have stayed at! The staff are very friendly, and all seemed to know everyone by name (I don't even remember meeting them all). The facilities are great and could not ask for too much more. The food is good a little pricier than street food but that should be expected. It's a little far from the town, but taxis are cheap, there is a mall close and the hostel has everything you would need. Definitely will return!

Very nice hostel. Nuce atmosphere and pool. Kitchen has good juices however the food was mediocre.

Hands down the best hostel and absolute best staff I've ever experienced. It is no wonder The Dreamer was voted the best hostel in all of Colombia last year. I can't wait to go back to Santa Marta, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else! Great food, awesome atmosphere, fantastic community areas to encourage camaraderie. Honestly can't think of one thing I'd change!

Really cool hostel with a cool vibe. Helpful with organising tours in and around Santa Marta. Breakfast is included and its close to a main mall... Although Santa Marta is one city which I've heard (not experienced personally) which may not be totally safe.

Staff was incredible and went above and beyond to help me in my travel plans leaving Santa Marta. Very chill atmosphere, a bit away from the city center but is a nice retreat for a few days while you explore Tayrona National Park. Highly recommend this hostel!

Had a descent time in the dreamers. The pools were nice, they had a good restaurant, everything could be done inside the hostel which was pretty nice. However the distanc to the beaches are quite far but it is not a problem because the transportation system is good. I would come to the dreamers again next time :)

Slightly too big for my liking. This is almost one of those hostels where everyone whips out a packet of Colombian cigarettes and pretends they're on 20 a day back at home. And spend all day drinking beer trying to convince us they're huge lads. But plenty of good eggs. Location isn't an issue as there's nothing worth seeing in the centre. Plus you usually get dropped off first from connections. Staff really helpful, but overworked/under staffed. A queue builds up at busy times.

The friendliest and most helpful staff I have had the pleasure to meet in Colombia so far. Clean rooms, good large lockers, great common areas. Definitely need an aircon room. Heaps of hammocks to lie around in. They organise an activity every night, so be prepared for noise and bring earplugs if you want to sleep early, though music is turned off at midnight which is good. A 6000 peso and 15 minute taxi ride away from the city centre, but close to a big shopping mall. I would stay here again.

My experience at Dreamer Hostel in Santa Marta is one of the best experiences I've ever had traveling, and a big part of that was because of Nine and Laura. The service that they gave me is beyond anything I've received. Nine made absolutely sure that I never slept through any of my activities and gently woke me up every morning, and Laura dealt with all of my annoying questions with her beautiful smile. I'd highly recommend this hostel to everyone traveling through Santa Marta.

• 25th Nov 2015

Really chilled hostel with a great vibe. Booked for 2 nights and stayed for a week. Really nice pool and cool hammock area. Breakfast was extra but worth it for a nice buffet. Good food at the restaurant, not the best location but no real need to leave the hostel. Good parties and good staff.

Amazing hostel. The place is great, especially the pool and hammocks!

Great breakfast, BBQ a very friendly guests.

I have worked and stayed in countless hostels and this one is definitely a stand-out. The location is about a 20-minute cab ride from the center of Santa Marta, but honestly there's very little reason to visit Santa Marta itself, so the location outside the city is almost a benefit of this hostel. The hostel itself is like a little backpacker's resort with everything you need: food, a bar, hammocks, an awesome pool. Odds are, you'll end up staying longer than you planned. Awesome staff, too!