The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

Great place to stay. Very friendly staff.

A very cool hostel, one that I recommended to people I meet on my travels. The front staff are excellent and always ready to help. They know of all the different activities that you can do in the area, and respond quickly to emailed queries. The food in the restaurant is delicious and my friend from New York said Best Pizza in Colombia! It is located slightly out of Santa Marta but all the main buses pass a couple of blocks from the hostel.

It is a great clean hostel with great wifi, great staff and a great atmosphere, but sadly thats it. Its one of those very expensive resort hostels. Everything is overpriced compared to what you pay on the street or other restaurants down the street or other hostels in Colombia. On the way to the mall you will find cheap places to eat and have a beer. As for the location it is great if you want to use it as a base to visit the park, but other than that it's horrible and far from everything.

I stepped through the door and felt like in a beach club. Really good atmosphere, friendly staff and everything you want (pool, bar billiard, tv, huge common area, ...). The kitchen could be a little better equipped, but you find all the basic stuff and stone there is a really good and cheap restaurant inside the hostel, you don't need it that much. It is rather a party hostel, so it can be difficult to find a nice place to read in the evenings.

• 21st Jun 2015

Awesome hostel just outside Santa Marta itself. Great point to leave for trips to Tayrona, Lost City, and Palomino etc. Brilliant central swimming pool surrounded by the rooms made for an excellent atmosphere and social scene. On site restaurant did excellent, and reasonably priced food. Helpful staff. Inky slight downside is that not all rooms have air con, and that can make the rooms without it pretty unpleasant in Santa Marta's heat! Overall, highly recommended...

Food, wifi, beds, lockers, kitchen, pool, bar, prices. 100/100 They tought about every little detail. I wish we could lock our rooms but the lockers are big! The bathrooms get a little dirty and the pool is clean in the morning but it gets dirty quickly because everyone is in it all day. It's a perfect location to get to the park and they offer some tours, but there isn't much to do in Santa Marta itself. Staff is great. It's still a party hostel but they close the bar at 12 so everyone leaves!

great place to chill and meet people (only trouble is that often there are many groups so sometimes was intimidating compared to a smaller hostel). staff were amazing and really went out their way to help you. expensive but worth it!

Really? What an amazing hostel! Everything was perfect from staff in reception to staff in the kitchen, the food, the rooms...it was all great!!!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

I have to say The Dreamer, was an all around fantastic experience for my friends and I. I have stayed in many hostels and I enjoyed my stay here very much. In addition to that, my friends who do not stay in hostels absolutely loved the experience, they didn't want to leave. We were treated so well and enjoyed the social atmosphere very much. Made a few friends and had some good times hanging out in Santa Marta and going to Tayrona park. This is indeed a back packers paradise. Gracias por todo!

I love this place! In our eyes it is a backpackers' resort. They have a bar, pool and food services. You don't even have to leave the hostel. The staffs were extremely friendly and do really try to remember your name. I definitely will recommend this place.

Great pool, food and drinks (happy hour is especially happy). Everyone very friendly and really great atmosphere. Only other things I would note is that it's not actually in the city centre, a good thing if you want to escape it's hectic streets, not so good if you plan to spend everyday sightseeing as you'll have to get a taxi in everyday. Right next to a huge supermarket which is a plus. Food takes a lifetime to arrive but they do tell you this and when it arrives it's delish.

Party hostel full of teenagers to early twenties getting as drunk as possible... so if that's what you want this hostel is great. Good sized rooms, lockers, good common areas, nice pool and bar and an excellent restaurant. The staff are super helpful and friendly. We weren't fans of the constant kid parties so we changed hostel but that's obviously our personal choice :) the location is bad, 15-20 mins taxi to the beach/centre which costs 10,000-15,000 each way. Get a room with air con!

This palce was really awesome. The only problem is that is so nice, I didnt actually get out and see the area so when I returned to SM I chose to stay elsewhere so id have more motivation. They have a great pool and bar so its a really fun atmosphere and easy to meet people. You are most liekly to run into British travellers here though. Id say 90%!

Impossible to fault this place which is why it felt like home for 2 weeks while we explored around Santa Marta. Colombia is our last stop in SA an this place is the best we've stayed in. Staff are amazing!

Only complaint is that the air conditioning in the rooms turns on too late there is no where to escape the heat! But other than that it's great!

This is a great place... Esther is a nice person and you feel at home.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

I've stayed at many hostels, and I have to say this is the greatest hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff is amazing Diego, Fabian, and Gustavo. The pool and the overall facility is great too. The crowd that this hostel attracts is quite diverse but mostly young backpackers looking to have a good time. I really enjoyed my stay here, and actually stayed here much longer than I planned just because I enjoyed the staff, place, and the people I met so much. Highly recommend.

Staff were great and very helpful - even spent 20 mins on phone helping us book a flight. Rooms nice and pool great woukd definitely recommend

• 4th Jun 2015

Great backpacker hostel with a really good chilled out vibe. They have a pool, bar, restaurant and pool table along with a kitchen for budget travellers. All this for a ridiculously cheap price! Great location for visiting Tayrona. Enjoyed my stay very much!

Partyhostel. Loads of young kids. Super friendly staff. Don't book the minca 'tour' but arrange a cab for 4persons for the entire day.