The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

This is one of the best places in Santa Marta, love the Staff and the atmostphere, very friendly people and the rooms are very clean and the new Bar is great, you got to see what they done to the place, love the room for TV and lounge , very cool...Love The Dreamer I recommend to saty here u will not want to Leave, >Very Relaxing.

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time in writing your beautiful review about our Hostel. After having you here many times now we are please to read that you still enjoy your stay with us and will be happy to see you soon at our peaceful and beautiful environment during your next visit in March. Fulvio Manager Dreamer hostel team

-great location for getting to Minca and Parque Tayrona, it's not close to downtown Santa Marta but I'm not sure how many people are interested in that area anyways -this place is probably for a younger crowd. there is pretty loud music out in the common area till late -the pool and courtyard with hammocks is an awesome place to hang out -staff is friendly and helpful with arranging travel plans and activities in the area -food is good as well, especially the pizza/pasta dishes for dinner

Loved my time here, good mix of chilling and partying. Helpful, friendly staff who can book trips, fun bar and activities. Good restaurant and well equipped kitchen. Showers are pretty cold though.

EXCELLENT HOSTEL! It was hard to leave. Great staff, nice location for day trips, great food inside the hostel. Overall great facilities and nice resting place.

Dear Guest , We sincerely appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at Dreamer Hostel S.Marta; it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. We also appreciate your comments regarding location, facilities, our warm staff and our cousine. Hope to see you soon next time you'll be in S.Marta Fulvio Manager Dreamer hostel team

Staying at Dreamer is like staying at a resort, not a hostel. The pool and outdoor area is gorgeous and so relaxing. I definitely spent entire days lying in a hammock reading. The owners are Italian, so the food coming out of the kitchen is delicious. Try the lasagna. While it's a bit far from downtown Santa Marta, the cab rides are cheap. There's also a convenient mall nearby to get groceries or enjoy some daytime aircon. Highly recommended.

Dear Kissairis! Thanks so much for that great comment you post! all the Dreamer´s Team is happy and flattered! We really hope to see you again in the future! Esther The Dreamer Hostel Manager

Great atmosphere and very nice and helpful staff!Really a cosy hostel with everything you need; good wifi, good restaurant but also possibility to cook, swimming pool, very nice rooms (we had a private which was like a hotel room), a bar, enough space to relax and if you like you can join the activities they organize like streetfootball or other in the evening. Also they can arrange various trips for you like the ciudad perdida tour. There is a giant supermarkt around the corner. A great place!

• 6th Jan 2014

One of the best hostel we have been in south america: perfect location (convenient to go to Tayrona, Palomino, mall nearby), good swimming pool, pool table, kitchen, excellent italian restaurant. Definitely the perfect hostel in Santa Marta (the same perfect option in the dreamer palomino).

you know I love it!!:)

Dear Luna, we are always happy to receive you here, this is your home in Colombia as you know. I´m so happy to meet you and I hope to see you again in the future. Thanks for choosing us! Esther The Dreamer Hostel Manager

Best hostel I stayed, we had so much fun and Ester one of the staf members is the best dancer of Colombia! vivir mi vida! Stay here you will have an amazing time.

Dear Coert thanks very much for stayed with us! you are great and I will wait you come back next time for more dancing!! Really appreciate Esther Dreamer´s Manager and dancer ;)

We were very impressed with the friendly and helpful staff who were always ready to listen to another query or question. It was a very busy time at the hostel but staff remembered your name and made you feel very at home. Special mention for Esther, who has a great memory for faces and the friendliest smile!! Another special mention for the army of ladies who kept the whole place very clean all day long. Breakfast was deicious as well as all food served by the restaurant staff.THANKYOU!!

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

Dear Roderick and Elizabeth! you are a wonderful couple that I really appreciate to receive you in the hostel. Thank you very much your mention me in your comment, is a honor! I bet with you the next time you will be here I will remember not only your faces, also your names! So, I hope to see you again! Esther The Dreamer Hostel Manager

Lovely hostel in a well situated area. Close to transport and shopping/supermarket. Good place to unwind from all of your travels and things to do. Place to meet people but also just to relax at your own pace. Loved the hammocks around the pool. Dorms might be small but well kept. Also bathrooms etc. are in good shape. Well utilised kitchen etc. Just a short ride to the city. Loved it!

the staff of the hostel is great. Mathias is very friendly, the whole time the staff is aware of what you need. is a, nice, amazing place always clean. the food is good. They help you with everything, the tour is cheap. the bar is spectacular is next to the pool. Esther the owner, is great fun and is very attentive. if someday return to Santa Marta, back to The Dreamer Hostel.

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Colombia

This was an excelent experience everything was great, i love it, everything was excelent i hope that soon i can stay again there

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Colombia

Great hostel, mostly young(ish) crowd with a very social and friendly atmosphere. The pool and common areas allow for a lot of social interaction, and the staff are all very friendly and helpful.

Great hostel and staff. Good rooms. Convenient place to be based as most things to do are outside of Santa Marta. While it's restaurant food is good (Italian) it's hard to find restaurants around as its outside of Santa Marta city centre.

• 27th Dec 2013

Excellent, fun hostel with good ambiance, great loation and staff!

My favourite hostel in Santa Marta, some say the location is bad but I disagree, you are close to a shopping mall, a well trafficated street with busses to Parque Tayrona, lots of beaches and Palomino or Riohatcha. The staff is awesome and the hostel is designed great.

The dreamer is truly a great place to stay! One of the nicest staff I ever had in hostels (special greets to Esther and miguel). They are always a great a help when it comes to organize trips on the carribean coast or Christmas party's ;-) the facilities totally met my expectations, the pool was amazing and a meeting point for a interesting crowd of travellers from all over the world. The perfect hub to explore the carribean coast!

• 22nd Dec 2013

Great hostel with a sweet design. Awesome staff that do their best to help and make you get the most out of Santa Marta and locations around it.

Absolutely love this hostel. It is the best I have been to in Colombia and in the top 3 I have ever stayed in. The staff is so freindly and fun, they make it really easy to get to all the area has to offer like Cuidad Perdidas, Tayrona and Minca and the food is excellent. Its one of those place you plan to stay 2 nights and stay 5.