The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

Fantastic hostel! Has its very own Italian restaurant, and although you have to pay for breakfast (only 8500 peso) it's one of the best breaky's I have had at a hostel. Staff also very friendly. Bathrooms were a bit filthy, but all other pro/ outweigh the con.

The best hostel we stayed in on our trip to Colombia. The atmosphere is amazing, the staff are fantastic and the pool is awesome. Great place to meet people. Although it is a bit far outside the main centre you can get a bus / taxi.

Great hostel with some of the best staff ive come across..a bit far from city centre but tacis are cheap enough

The staff, though very flirty, were very nice and helpful. It's a typical hostel in a lot of ways, lots of booze, lots of hooking up.....I must say it was a good experience come bedtime. They shut down the bar at midnight, which is nice for people who actually want to sleep. The backpackers staying there seemed to "get it," and, despite staying in a 10 bed dorm, I was happy to find everyone in the room was respectful of quiet time.

• 29th Dec 2014

The Dreamer is a good place to meet other travelers, but not great if you want to experience Colombia or Colombian culture. It is a 15 minute taxi ride to the center of Santa Marta, set in the outskirts of the city. It is close to the bus terminal and colectivos to other towns. They use a tab system to keep track of your drinks, meals, etc. I am pretty sure I was over charged but the staff denied it. It is kind of a your word against theirs sort of thing since you never sign any slips.

Very well run hostel. Clean, comfortable dorms, bathrooms are okay too. The bar and pool area is excellent and the people working there are all great!

this place was awesome. The only complaint would be that its far out of town and it's really easy to get stuck at the hostel (great food, drinks and pool) so it's hard to make yourself leave and go explore. Awesome hostel with great activities and amazing food. Right near a large exito and mall. We loved this place!

My girlfriend and I had a fantastic time here. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Fantastic location and great value. We loves that they had a pool and plenty of hammocks!

From the moment we arrived everything at The Dreamer was wonderful, well equiped kitchen, facilities are clean, big swimming pool, the food is faire priced. Close to Tayrona and Minca for day trips! Totally recommend this place!

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

I loved my stay at the Dreamer. Had the best time ever!!! Hope to be back soon. Greetings from cold and rainy Netherlands, Fred

Pretty far from the center of Santa Marta, but a cool hostel, your cliche international spot. Always people drinking and bumming around the hostel, if you're into that sort of thing. The pool is more of a gimmick really. The rooms are all A/C which was nice. Staff was great and very helpful. We were missing a guy in our reservation and they didn't charge us for the cancellation. They speak mostly good English too. Good vibe in the place.

It's ideal if you're looking at Santa Marta as a pit stop in your travels -- conveniently located by the highway to catch appropriate busses. The Dreamer is also great if you're a young traveler looking to mingle with like minded folks.

Brilliant hostel, very good staff. Great vibe. Couple of excellent communal areas. Very cllose to Quinta San Pedro Alejandrino (Bolivar house) and other areas ( Minca and Tayrona NP) did not want to leave.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Colombia

Great hostel set up for all the attractions around Santa Marta. Staff are really helpful with everything from helping with bags to planning your trips, Easy access to Tayrona and Minca from there. Great pool bar area and cooking facilities, large supermarket 10 minutes down the road

Dear traveler, Thank you very much for your nice feedback about our hostel! we are happy you selected our house has a base for your day-trips around S.Marta! Also we are happy you loved our kitchen facilities, I saw you cooking everynight so next time I'll expect to try some... We hope to welcome you back in the near future in Dreamer S.Marta or at our other location in Palomino beach. Fulvio, Dreamer hostel team

I fully enjoyed my stay at the Dreamers. The staff was most helpful and the environment inspired me a lot. I hope others will enjoy this nice hostel.

• 21st Dec 2014

Constant loud music all day can get on your nerves after a while...

Dear traveler, Thank you very much for your last feedback. I am sorry to read that you were not able to enjoy the tranquility and relax that our garden and pool area usually offers! I'll pay attention on the music playing during the afternoon as usualy are chill out! Hope to see you back again soon. Fulvio, the dreamer hostel team

Really enjoyed this hostel, staff were super friendly and helpful. Kitchen was a joy to cook in. Common areas were nice and spacious. Wifi was perfect! very good location, everything is close, good beaches, big mall, MInca and Tayrona. Also you can leave your bags here if you wish to visit Tayrona/Lost City/Palomino.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Dear traveler, Thank you very much for your last comment, taking a moment to share your experience with other travelers is something we appreciate. We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed all the facilities of the hostel and also that you have received a good service from the staff, all the team has been very happy to read your feedback. Also thanks for have been visiting our Palomino location, hope you enjoyed it in the same way you enjoyed our S.Marta hostel. Fulvio

This place is love-it-or-hate it. Great facilities and a very helpful staff make it a fun place to be. However, if you're not part of the late-night crowd, or if you plan to get up early to go to the Tayrona National Park or so, look elsewhere. The place plays loud music until midnight, and the no-noise policy isn't really enforced after that time. Bummer - could have been a great experience!

Overall a really nice hostel. Plus: good food, pool, linen, english speaking staff who were very helpful (1 annoying one!) only COP6,000 to centre as way out, good kitchen, opposite a massive shopping centre and bus stops Minus: way out of the town, wifi was terrible, only worked if you were up at the crack of dawn before everyone else, cold water showers- in private room was poor, communal were good and modern

Dear traveler, Thank you very much for staying at Dreamer Hostel Sta.Marta, It is always a pleasure to receive positive review. We are very happy that you liked our property, facilities and staff, the location is the best if you want to enjoy the main attractions of S.Marta, easy, cheap and fast to get everywhere specialy Tayrona! Sorry about Wifi, we have 2 different networks that usualy work well but during the busiest hours connection can be slower then normal. See you soon, Fulvio

Atmosphere is great, staff is really friendly, and overall excellent place to stay!