The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

Stayed in the Dreamer twice, staff were wonderful, they all knew our names by the end of the first day there. Stayed in 2 different rooms, one with a/c one without, I would advise paying for the a/c. Great atmosphere. Only negative is that the bar only opens from 3 to 12 and the cocktails are poor, fortunately it was made up for by the amazing bar staff.

Upon arrival, the receptionist was kind & gave me a brief intro to the area & explained why the ensuite bathroom was locked. My only complaint is that I had to use the shared bathroom, rather than the ensuite one and it was a bit wet and dirty when I arrived a night. Some hooks on the back of the bathroom stalls or next to the sinks would have been nice to hang things. The check out was a bit slow, because the receptionist in the morning was a bit tired and had many people checking out at once.

Poolside chilling at this hostel gives you a break from travelling. Staff is funny and friendly. Hostel looks good, beer is cold and the restaurant serves good food at decent prices. Room was nothing special, but did the trick. Hostel has a proximity to Tayrona park and Santa Marta, but latter is not really worth visiting.

Great hostel. One of those places you want to just stay and spend all day in the hostel, great staff great people. I highly recommend this place

I have stayed at Drop Bear, the Masaya and the Dreamer, which are arguably the top 3 hostels in Santa Marta. While all 3 are very nice with really good staff, by far the best atmosphere is at the Dreamer. The staff make the effort to remember the names of each and every guest, and that attitude extends to everything else. The pool is a must for hot and humid Santa Marta and the layout of the hostel is absolutely perfect. This is a wonderful social hostel and not a crazy party hostel.

• 25th May 2014
  • Trinidad And Tobago

One of the nicer hostels I've stayed in. The layout of the place is very nice and the staff was extremely friendly. This was a great environment, big mall nearby and the buses are easy to access. It was extremely easy to catch a bus to Tayrona national park. The hostel was also very helpful setting up tours and transportation to cartagena. Definitely recommend staying at the dreamer.

it have been a pleasure to stay in this hostel - i just booked for 2 nights and extend my stay for more than a week. the atmosphere is awesome, the hostel is clean and the crazy guys from the reception (espeacially Diego) are totaly friendly and helps in terms of all questions. The kitchen is well equiped, facilities are clean, the food is faire priced and cheap ( do the fajitas con carne). Best option for me was the AC Dorm! Totally recommend this place! HAVE FUN :)

• 21st May 2014

Great hostel with fantastic staff, an oasis to relax and chill in whilst organising trips to all the surrounding attractions.

We were so impressed by this place after the first night, we decided to extend our stay there 3 more days. The staff was exceptional and deserve mention by name: Estella, Gustavo, Tony, and Diego at reception as well as the bartenders Rachael, Ryan, and Kevin all did their part to make our time at Dreamer's fun, relaxing and memorable. After hearing me complain about missing my guitar back home, Ryan was kind enough to let me play the charrango he picked up in Bolivia. Dreamers is a true oasis.

Really nice hostel with pool to cool off in the day and hammocks to relax and read a book in. Near a large supermarket and mall but apart from that location is poor and away from any beaches which means a full day trip just to get to a beach. Food was good as we're drinks but can soon add up on a tab so be aware! Been in better hostels since in Colombia but still a good option for a few days lounging by a pool

Dear Traveller, Thank you very much for such a good feedback of our property. Reviews like yours let us now we are on the right track! No matter where you stay in Santa Marta, all the best beaches are outside the city so it will always be necessary transportation to get there! and from Dreamer you have a lot of options when choosing your Day-trip to the beach or to the hills behind the city. Also the bus-stop to Tayrona is only 2 blocks away! We look forward to welcoming back you again!

Nice place outside of the city to stay. The pool is awesome. Stuff was sometimes a little rude.

Nice place, we used it as a convenient one-day stophover on the way to Tayrona

Amazing hostel! We we're meant to stay for one night before heading to parque tyrona but ended up returning for a week.

• 8th May 2014

Dear traveller , We realy appreciate your review regarding your recent stay at Dreamer Hostel - S.Marta; it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. Thank you for taking a moment of your time to share your impression! We hope you'll visit next time also our other property on the beach of Palomino. Come back soon! Fulvio, Manager, Dreamer Hostel S.Marta

An excellent excursion hostel to do stuff around Santa Marta and to meet other backpacker for exchanging experiences. They offer a place for a backpack and a safebox for the valuables for free. The Staff is awesome, really friendly and helpfully. The facilities are great and well maintained. The Kitchen is good in the medium price range. The Breakfast is one of the best hostel breakfast what I’ve ever had. You realise that this hostel is well managed. I really enjoyed my stay in “The Dreamer”.

Dear traveller,, From Dreamer S.Marta we would like to thank you for your kind comments about the staff, our facilities and our buffet breakfast. Everyday we try to make our guests feel as most comfortable!! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Hope to welcome back you again soon!! Fulvio, Manager, Dreamer Hostel

A good hostel with outstanding staff. We stayed a night and used the place as a launching pad to go into Tayrona. The staff made it so much easier for us to do this with excellent advice and insight. It's a very social hostel which is partly bought on by the staff - some people even seem to just hang around the hostel all day and not go anywhere. Now, if only the backpacking accommodations in Tayrona had staff half this good....

Dear traveller, Thank you very much for your comments. We work hard to provide the best possible service to our guests since we believe in continuous self-improvement. we are pleased to know that the Dreamer's team made your stay very special! Hope to see you again soon in S.Marta or in our other Hostel in Palomino! Thanks, Fulvio, Manager, Dreamer hostel

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in all of South America!

If you're staying in Santa Marta and/or looking for a great jumping off point for other trips in the region, I would absolutely recommend The Dreamer. It's an excellent hostel with a great environment.

Dear Traveller, We are so pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay in our hostel, From all the Dreamer's team we want to thank you for choosing us as a departing point for visiting Tayrona, Minca and Boncha beach and all the others beauty that the S.Marta area has to offer... We look forward to have you here again soon. Fulvio, Manager Dreamer Hostel

Great hostel, great pool, great staff, great atmosphere. Only down side is its not in the centre of town but its only a short cab into town. Staff are reall friendly and the pool is a massive bonus.

Location is a bit pants but otherwise the hostel is amazing. Really friendly staff and it is only 5,000 to the town centre so not all doom and gloom!

There's no denying that there is nothing better than a night in a hammock and a morning swim in the pool with a cold beer :) Thanx The Dreamer