The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

The Dreamer Hostel was probably my favorite hostel of all my time in Colombia. It's also the first one I appreciated enough to bother writing a review for. The staff there are super helpful, welcoming, and accomodating. They all have great attitudes and go above and beyond to make sure you're doing okay. We had a bus to catch and didn't have time to get food from outside and the restaurant was closed, but Esther took care of us and made us go from hungry travelers to happy travelers.

• 30th Jun 2015

Fantastic Hostel! I don't understand why people say it's bad located..? If you come to Santa Marta is to go to the tayrona Park, make the Lost city trek or go to taganga for diving and there this Hostel is the best located!! If you want to go to Santa Marta you can see everything interesting in a half of a day you go by cab for 5000 pesos?!??

Awesome stay and awesome staff! Thanks to Esther, Diego, Gustavo,...

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

Santa Marta has a lot to do outside the city, but not really in town. Hence the Dreamer is your oasis while in town. The pool is such a nice add-on to the whole experience. They have excellent prices, amazing juice pitchers that you can enjoy buy the pool, excellent staff and comfortable rooms. The atmosphere is unbeatable with activities and all the amenities and the location is great because it's close to a big supermarket that will save you tons while travelling around.

Amazing hostel, great atmosphere and very friendly and helpful staff.

• 27th Jun 2015

The best hostel in South America! Awesome pool and common area. The staff are great and very helpful, food is delicious, and this is a great spot to call home in between day trips to surrounding locations such as Minca, Tayrona Park, Lost City, etc. Really fun bar with some of the best bartenders you will ever meet. Matty and Mike made my stay here absolutely delightful. Never have I tasted a better mojito. A great, safe place to meet other travelers.

• 27th Jun 2015

Stayed 2 nights at the hostel and really enjoyed it. Bed was clean. There is no hot water but that doesnt matter because it's so hot you'll be happy to take a shower in cool water. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm with only a fan, no AC, so it got a bit stuffy at night. I believe some of the other, more expensive dorms had an AC but most did not. There's a pool to relax in and play volleyball. The food is really good. Best pizza I've had in all Colombia. Bad part = finding a roach in my room :(

There is not so much to do in Santa Marta apart from doing your dive course for cheap! If you're not doing that, Dreamer is a black hole for time! They give you all the info. You can literally stay here for a month and not need to leave. Pool! They have activities everyday which are a mixture of fun and relaxation (beer pong, movie night, cinema trips, soccer v locals!). The location is perfectly between Taganga (diving/Mirador club) & Tayrona/Palomino (beaches/relaxation!). The staff are fun!!

Party hostel...but if promptly shuts down at 11pm. Great and helpful staff. Internet is slow.

Great place to stay. Very friendly staff.

A very cool hostel, one that I recommended to people I meet on my travels. The front staff are excellent and always ready to help. They know of all the different activities that you can do in the area, and respond quickly to emailed queries. The food in the restaurant is delicious and my friend from New York said Best Pizza in Colombia! It is located slightly out of Santa Marta but all the main buses pass a couple of blocks from the hostel.

It is a great clean hostel with great wifi, great staff and a great atmosphere, but sadly thats it. Its one of those very expensive resort hostels. Everything is overpriced compared to what you pay on the street or other restaurants down the street or other hostels in Colombia. On the way to the mall you will find cheap places to eat and have a beer. As for the location it is great if you want to use it as a base to visit the park, but other than that it's horrible and far from everything.

I stepped through the door and felt like in a beach club. Really good atmosphere, friendly staff and everything you want (pool, bar billiard, tv, huge common area, ...). The kitchen could be a little better equipped, but you find all the basic stuff and stone there is a really good and cheap restaurant inside the hostel, you don't need it that much. It is rather a party hostel, so it can be difficult to find a nice place to read in the evenings.

• 21st Jun 2015

Awesome hostel just outside Santa Marta itself. Great point to leave for trips to Tayrona, Lost City, and Palomino etc. Brilliant central swimming pool surrounded by the rooms made for an excellent atmosphere and social scene. On site restaurant did excellent, and reasonably priced food. Helpful staff. Inky slight downside is that not all rooms have air con, and that can make the rooms without it pretty unpleasant in Santa Marta's heat! Overall, highly recommended...

Food, wifi, beds, lockers, kitchen, pool, bar, prices. 100/100 They tought about every little detail. I wish we could lock our rooms but the lockers are big! The bathrooms get a little dirty and the pool is clean in the morning but it gets dirty quickly because everyone is in it all day. It's a perfect location to get to the park and they offer some tours, but there isn't much to do in Santa Marta itself. Staff is great. It's still a party hostel but they close the bar at 12 so everyone leaves!

great place to chill and meet people (only trouble is that often there are many groups so sometimes was intimidating compared to a smaller hostel). staff were amazing and really went out their way to help you. expensive but worth it!

Really? What an amazing hostel! Everything was perfect from staff in reception to staff in the kitchen, the food, the rooms...it was all great!!!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

I have to say The Dreamer, was an all around fantastic experience for my friends and I. I have stayed in many hostels and I enjoyed my stay here very much. In addition to that, my friends who do not stay in hostels absolutely loved the experience, they didn't want to leave. We were treated so well and enjoyed the social atmosphere very much. Made a few friends and had some good times hanging out in Santa Marta and going to Tayrona park. This is indeed a back packers paradise. Gracias por todo!

I love this place! In our eyes it is a backpackers' resort. They have a bar, pool and food services. You don't even have to leave the hostel. The staffs were extremely friendly and do really try to remember your name. I definitely will recommend this place.

Great pool, food and drinks (happy hour is especially happy). Everyone very friendly and really great atmosphere. Only other things I would note is that it's not actually in the city centre, a good thing if you want to escape it's hectic streets, not so good if you plan to spend everyday sightseeing as you'll have to get a taxi in everyday. Right next to a huge supermarket which is a plus. Food takes a lifetime to arrive but they do tell you this and when it arrives it's delish.