The Dreamer Hostel Reviews

CR 51, 26D-161 Los Trupillos de Mamatoco, Diagonal 32, Santa Marta, Colombia

Amazing hostel. The place is great, especially the pool and hammocks!

Great breakfast, BBQ a very friendly guests.

I have worked and stayed in countless hostels and this one is definitely a stand-out. The location is about a 20-minute cab ride from the center of Santa Marta, but honestly there's very little reason to visit Santa Marta itself, so the location outside the city is almost a benefit of this hostel. The hostel itself is like a little backpacker's resort with everything you need: food, a bar, hammocks, an awesome pool. Odds are, you'll end up staying longer than you planned. Awesome staff, too!

The perfect hostel. Everything is totally amazing! The only problem is trying to leave!

By far, the best hostel in every aspect. Great atmosphere!!

• 19th Nov 2015
  • Colombia

The best hostel in the world! I have travelled the world for years and I have to honestly say that Dreamer hostel is where I received the best service, the staff is super helpful and friendly, the atmosphere is very social and relaxed. Highly recommend it!

Excellent hostel, staff is awesome!

Great hostel, atmosphere and rooms. Negative : did a tour to minca which includes a coffee plantation tour , a viewpoint and waterfall. We didn't stop in minca as the restaurant was closed, we didn't see any viewpoint and the coffee tour did not appear to be well structured in comparison to other tours we did . Said this to staff and got a very brief apology but we felt the staff could have done more in this particular situation.

This hostel is hard to leave as everything is there, plus it's a bit of a trek to town. But I was happy enough to swing in the hammocks, lounge by the pool and play volleyball for a few days. The atmosphere was always good plus there was always some sort of entertainment. I think for the price they could include the breakfast. I cant comment on how good food was as they have a decent kitchen and I opted to make my own. The dorm was good and spacious (i was in Brazil) and the bed nice and comfy.

Awesome hostel! Excelent staff, location and atmosfere.

• 16th Nov 2015

Really nice place to stay. Staff are fantastic and will arrange all sorts of trips for you. The common areas are great and very sociable. Only (tiny) gripe was that the wifi didn't work very well in my room but other than that I would really recommend, you can see why it's atop the ratings so often!

The staff were wonderful, nicely equiped kitchen, good internet and chill out areas. Would have been great if at least one toilet was working at all times, and power points that worked within the dorms.

• 15th Nov 2015

Great staff, great trips. A pool! A bit noisy at night and not near anything in Santa Marta, but want looking to sight see on Santa Marta anyway

I felt right at home at this hostel. Great place to meet people and perfect location for the surrounding areas. Comfortable beds too! Perfect place to stay in santa Marta.

Really friendly and helpful staff, location not the best but it's only about 8000cop to city centre and there is a mall right next to the hostel which is suffice, get a deluxe room as I stayed in a fan only room and it was so loud and got it just kept you up all night, also don't eat the Mexican food as it gave me explosive diarrhoea the day after when I was on the lost city trek, all other food is great though and breakfast is reasonably priced and great

I passed a really good time in the dreamers, I met nice people and food is excellent!

This hostel was the best ever! It is an extremely convenient location for access to Palimino, Minca, and other nearby destinations. The atmosphere was chill but still social. We played a super fun game of triva one evening. The staff at the front desk were so unbelievably helpful. They bent over backwards to help us out; providing an abundance of information on surrounding locations and calling different hostels for us in our next destination. We were blown away with how great the staff is!

• 9th Nov 2015

The hostel is definitely a bit far from downtown, but it works well if you are planning to do trips outside the city anyway. The staff were super friendly and helpful, and the buffet breakfast was nothing to complain about! I couldn't see myself staying here more than a few nights though, since it is not walking distance to very many things. Rooms were clean, AC worked nicely, food was good.

The Dreamer Hostel was hands down the best hostel we've ever been to. They have an amazing set up and array of choices, full facilities, a beautiful pool, and incredible staff. We'd especially like to thank Lineth for going out of her way to make us feel welcome and for helping us make our plans to get to and from Minca, then to Medellin. We would not have been able to figure it out without her! I hope to return soon!

• 9th Nov 2015

Lovely stay here. Swimming pool, kitchen and bar in hostel. A taxi ride from the centre of town but shopping mall a walk away. We did the trip to minca as organised by the host. This was a good tour but overpriced for what we did. There was an additional charge after coffee tour. Went tubing in palomino which was great relaxing trip.