Alfred Park Budget Accommodation Reviews

207 Cleveland Street, Redfern 2016, Sydney, Australia

The location is excellent. Staff are very obliging. Its excellent budget accommodation.

• 21st May 2014

Booked a 12 bed dorm with 2 friends for one night. We left after 2 hours of being there and slept in the airport for the night because it was so disgusting. Dirt, garbage, and bugs everywhere. We stayed in room 11, which is outside of the building and through a parking lot. While in a common space, the man working there asked us how to get to our room because he didn't know where it was. Don't stay here.

• 18th May 2014

Just pretty goddamn dirty all around. When i checked in, I walked into a 4-person room and had someone's clothes laying on my bed. Room was filthy, long-termer's trash and clothes were everywhere and didn't get cleaned until a full 2 days after I had been staying there. Facilities weren't the worst, but were far from good. I won't be back.

I had a plan for staying here for atleast a month but the WIFI signals were not available in the private rooms and i could not survive without that. So i moved. But i must say that this is the best place to live and enjoy. Awesome staff, people and hostel mates. Everyone was very friendly and cooperative. I wish i did nt face this internet issue.

• 15th May 2014
  • Pakistan

Good stay, there is lots of long termers staying there so it's good to get a quiet night sleep but if your looking for night life it's lacking. The staff are super friendly! All in all good stay for the price, take warm clothes as the rooms are quite cold at night!

• 1st May 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

The owner was the most amazing and understanding person I have ever met! She was very helpful and super cheerful. The location is quite good, close to a big pool. The bathrooms were very clean, and rooms were spacious enough with a sink. I would definitely recommend!

• 20th Apr 2014

Room I was in was disgusting (36), had garbage all over the room, the long term stays had their stuff all over the room. There were several notices on other dorms warning for the mess within the room. Upon check in we were ignored by the front desk as they continued their conversation. Was not even aknowledged. Was impossible to do laundry as housekeeping was using all washer and dryers all day. There were a couple families with kids living there too it seemed. Would not recommend

I really enjoyed the time at Alfred Park. The rooms, beds and bathrooms are very clean. And the staff is super helpful, they help with any questions and to plan a trip. The location is perfect, with a great view to Sydney. There are also some big balconys on every floor for everyone to join. And the accomodation is not far away from the city, only a short walk to central station.

• 17th Apr 2014

We stayed in a private room for 2 people so I have not experienced the dorms. But judging from the private room the place is clean and tidy. No noise at night allowed us to sleep very well! The staff were very accomodating, providing us with a double bed instead of a twin bed (which I requested on the phone). When we wanted extra towels reception was closed, but when I called the number on the door someone came within 30 seconds and was very helpful!

The guy that chased everyone away from the courtyard was so rude, I haven't seen anyone at least in Australia trust customers like that.

This Hostel is good located next to Alfred Park, which is very nice in the Summer. The kitchen and the hang Out Area is Kind of Open, it is nice When the weather is good. In the kitchen are not enough forks, plats and all that stuff. It is also really small for so many People. The bathrooms are nice and clean. We both had really Bad mattress. The straff was very nice and helped with everything. You can also borough towels for free and the dryer is only 3$ for 1 Hour.

My mom, sister and I stayed for 6 days. We had a great time staying. The hostel enforce no-smoking and no-noise past 1030pm strictly, which makes the stay pleasant for residents. The 15-min leisurely walk across Prince Albert Park to Central Station makes touring around convenient.

Friendly and very helpful staffs....Good location....Love it!!!! Will come back again ::))

Excellent locaiton, right next to train station. Staff were easily accessable and helpful. Kitchen Facilties were found wanting

• 2nd Apr 2014