Alfred Park Budget Accommodation Reviews

207 Cleveland Street, Redfern 2016, Sydney, Australia

The owner was the most amazing and understanding person I have ever met! She was very helpful and super cheerful. The location is quite good, close to a big pool. The bathrooms were very clean, and rooms were spacious enough with a sink. I would definitely recommend!

• 20th Apr 2014

Room I was in was disgusting (36), had garbage all over the room, the long term stays had their stuff all over the room. There were several notices on other dorms warning for the mess within the room. Upon check in we were ignored by the front desk as they continued their conversation. Was not even aknowledged. Was impossible to do laundry as housekeeping was using all washer and dryers all day. There were a couple families with kids living there too it seemed. Would not recommend

I really enjoyed the time at Alfred Park. The rooms, beds and bathrooms are very clean. And the staff is super helpful, they help with any questions and to plan a trip. The location is perfect, with a great view to Sydney. There are also some big balconys on every floor for everyone to join. And the accomodation is not far away from the city, only a short walk to central station.

• 17th Apr 2014

We stayed in a private room for 2 people so I have not experienced the dorms. But judging from the private room the place is clean and tidy. No noise at night allowed us to sleep very well! The staff were very accomodating, providing us with a double bed instead of a twin bed (which I requested on the phone). When we wanted extra towels reception was closed, but when I called the number on the door someone came within 30 seconds and was very helpful!

The guy that chased everyone away from the courtyard was so rude, I haven't seen anyone at least in Australia trust customers like that.

This Hostel is good located next to Alfred Park, which is very nice in the Summer. The kitchen and the hang Out Area is Kind of Open, it is nice When the weather is good. In the kitchen are not enough forks, plats and all that stuff. It is also really small for so many People. The bathrooms are nice and clean. We both had really Bad mattress. The straff was very nice and helped with everything. You can also borough towels for free and the dryer is only 3$ for 1 Hour.

My mom, sister and I stayed for 6 days. We had a great time staying. The hostel enforce no-smoking and no-noise past 1030pm strictly, which makes the stay pleasant for residents. The 15-min leisurely walk across Prince Albert Park to Central Station makes touring around convenient.

Friendly and very helpful staffs....Good location....Love it!!!! Will come back again ::))

Excellent locaiton, right next to train station. Staff were easily accessable and helpful. Kitchen Facilties were found wanting

• 2nd Apr 2014

It's cheap, probably the cheapest! So don't expect much, it's an old building probably awaiting revamping, although kitchen and shower looked new! The rest is really run down, roof is leaking, but for the price, was a good stay and staff were friendly

The staff were really nice when they changed my bedroom after my complaining about noise. I definitively recommend this hostel.

Isabele was fabulous. i had a great welcome and was given some helpful info. Thanks. nice clean hostel in a great location. close to central station with views from the balcony over the park and the city skyline.

We have stayed in the 6 people dorm that time (Room 36), it was truely a disaster that other teammates made the room completely mess, with the uncleaned boxes in the ground, used cotton stick, soft drink bottles etc etc everywhere. It was also a surprise that seems the hostel realized the issue for long but all they have done was sticked a notice somewhere, asking the guys to clean up... but during my 2 days stay there, there were no further action to be taken and all the mess remains..

It suited my needs very well. Thankyou

• 20th Mar 2014

Room was small and warm.. Only a small window to open and airco was not working. I was staying with longtermers so messy and were not really thinking about others.

The members of staff were all friendly and very helpful for giving information about what to do in the city. The kitchen and the rooms was kept clean. I enjoyed my stay there!

Friendly, knowledgable staff. Very close to central station. Kitchen needs more prep space (single center table). Watch for birds in the rafters of open air dinning area. Limited TV (like 4 stations). Internet a bit slow. Still - highly recommended.

Bit of party hostel but I was staying in a single room so whatever'.

It's a really great backpacker.Clean everythere.Staff are all very nice.just a little far from train station.if i come back to sydney,i will stay in here again definitely!

It's been couple of times I've been here it's worth the dollars

• 21st Feb 2014