Railway Square YHA

Fabulous 426 Total Reviews

• Finland, Female, 31-40
15th Feb 2017
8.0

This is a very nice hostel in a good location. One complaint: There were a bunch of people drinking tequila shots and vodka red bull near the lounge area and because our room was the closest one to the lobby, we could hear the yelling in our room very well. We went to ask the guys in the reception if they were going to ask the people to stop drinking and yelling, but they couldn't have cared less. Apparently people having fun is more important than people having a good night's sleep.

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Feb 2017

Very clean really good hostel would definitely recommend, nothing bad to note

13th Jan 2017

Not bad. Central location. Staff was nice. Typical Hostel. I would stay again. Of course we focus on bad so here it is. I stayed one night. Check out is at 11 am. Free breakfast is till 11 am. I wasn't allowed free breakfast because I wasn't staying the night.... But my check out isn't until 11... Same duration as free breakfast ... Kinda BS right ? They did give me a free OJ tho. So thanks. Good news ; staff was accommodating for out early check in. Allowed us to store our bags free.

• CharlseyHewat
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
12th Jan 2017

I had an absolutely incredible stay here. Everything was clean with excellent facilities. Most of all my stay was made great by the amazing atmosphere from the long stay residents and the very friendly staff (special shoutout to Kelly.) I look forward to my next visit!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
5th Jan 2017

Really great place, nice location, comfy beds and good social atmosphere. Lack of wifi seems to be a thing in Australian hostels - only available in reception area unless you pay extra and showers were a bit gross. People left used disposable razor blades in there, however it's likely that this happened between cleans so there's not too much the hostel can do about it except put up signs asking for patrons not to leave blades around. All in all I would recommend others to stay here!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
9th Dec 2016

Great accessibility to sites and the train/bus station! Clean, modern facilities. Would definitely stay here again!

• Canada, Couple, 31-40
9th Nov 2016
6.9

Very expensive, big kitchen... but big problem with the dishes cleaning. You have to pay for luggage locker.. stupid. POOR Wifi!.... we are in 2016... wake up!

3rd Nov 2016

Great option for staying in Sydney. A good price, perfect location, good facilities. However, I found it more difficult here than at other hostels to meet people.

• Australia, Female, 41+
26th Oct 2016

Central, staff very helpful, bed comfortable.

• Finland, Female, 25-30
12th Oct 2016
6.9

The hostel itself is ok, quite clean and the female dorm I stayed at was nice and big but the beds were nothing special. However, when you arrive to Australia after a 30hr trip, it would be great to get nice, laid-back service because that¨'s what you expect and especially in this country! Unfortunately most of the staff members during my stay were barely saying hello and being quite rude to me when I was asking for a coffee that I thought would have been included in the room rate.