Railway Square YHA

Fabulous 435 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
11th Mar 2017
6.0

Good location, right near the train station although I actually found Central YHA without even trying before I found this. Bit annoying that the WiFi is free only in the recepetion area and even if you pay it can only be used on one device at a time. Also have to pay for luggage storage which I've never had to do in a hostel before. Basically I ended up payig $10AUD more than I expected for Wifi and luggage storage.

28th Feb 2017
7.4

Jack of all trades-kind of a place. Not bad at anything, but not specially great at anything either.

24th Feb 2017
6.9

Rude staff at checkin and breakfast counter. Hallways cold but no AC in rooms. Key card access is over done and at every single door in the building.

17th Feb 2017
7.7

Given the fact that it's in a railway station you'd think it would be easy to get a train but the hostel doesn't have easy access to the station. The staff was a lot like most Australian YHA staff, pretty much clueless, though nice. They had good food deals at night. Too many drunken hostelers out front from 8 PM till 2 AM or so for my taste. Kinda Trashy. I thought I was in downtown LA. I'll try across the street at Central YHA next time.

• Finland, Female, 31-40
15th Feb 2017
8.0

This is a very nice hostel in a good location. One complaint: There were a bunch of people drinking tequila shots and vodka red bull near the lounge area and because our room was the closest one to the lobby, we could hear the yelling in our room very well. We went to ask the guys in the reception if they were going to ask the people to stop drinking and yelling, but they couldn't have cared less. Apparently people having fun is more important than people having a good night's sleep.

• England, Female, 18-24
10th Feb 2017

Very clean really good hostel would definitely recommend, nothing bad to note

13th Jan 2017

Not bad. Central location. Staff was nice. Typical Hostel. I would stay again. Of course we focus on bad so here it is. I stayed one night. Check out is at 11 am. Free breakfast is till 11 am. I wasn't allowed free breakfast because I wasn't staying the night.... But my check out isn't until 11... Same duration as free breakfast ... Kinda BS right ? They did give me a free OJ tho. So thanks. Good news ; staff was accommodating for out early check in. Allowed us to store our bags free.

• CharlseyHewat
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
12th Jan 2017

I had an absolutely incredible stay here. Everything was clean with excellent facilities. Most of all my stay was made great by the amazing atmosphere from the long stay residents and the very friendly staff (special shoutout to Kelly.) I look forward to my next visit!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
5th Jan 2017

Really great place, nice location, comfy beds and good social atmosphere. Lack of wifi seems to be a thing in Australian hostels - only available in reception area unless you pay extra and showers were a bit gross. People left used disposable razor blades in there, however it's likely that this happened between cleans so there's not too much the hostel can do about it except put up signs asking for patrons not to leave blades around. All in all I would recommend others to stay here!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
9th Dec 2016

Great accessibility to sites and the train/bus station! Clean, modern facilities. Would definitely stay here again!