Railway Square YHA Reviews

8-10 Lee Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

This place is the fanciest hostel I've ever been in. The facilities are amazing. Modern, clean, and in good shape. Rooms aren't too crowded, bathrooms are plentiful, but the place is huge. I'm not crazy about the location. I think the CBD is probably not the best part of Sydney from which to go out and have a good time. But it's good for catching trains and buses! Only complaint otherwise...no free wifi :(

The hostel was expensive and this wasn't reflected in the hostel itself. Nice dorms but toilets and showers were not always clean.

no free wifi a real let down

Good hostel

Terrible atmosphere. Felt like a prison. Very overpriced. Only good thing is location

The only grumbles I may have had during my stay were nothing really to do with the hostel or real trivial issues which are barely worth mentioning, as far as hostels go you would be hard pushed to find anywhere nicer (hence why I stayed beyond my original booking), I recommend here!

Nice and clean hostel! Good beds and sweet staff. Good location - close to the free bus that takes you Into the central city.

• 3rd Dec 2013
  • Denmark

Recently redone so all facilities brand new. Very clean and tidy. Staff were very helpful. Rooms were small but not cramped and had a large locker. Security was good with a key to get into bedroom area and reception at night. Very good location in Sydney.

Close to central station, good location.

The 7 bed dorm on the 1st floor was great and spacious, better than the 4 bed dorm or the train carriages which were a bit noisy at night and in the morning. Rooms and bathrooms are clean, the common areas are good but my food was stolen in the fridge, which seems to happen quite often. No free luggage storage when you arrive early or leave late. No free internet.

was in a female 8 bed dorm, which had its own bathroom. nice and spacious. like many hostels the bed frames could do with an oil? to stop the squeaking when moving etc, I couldn't see any powerpoints but didn't really need one.