The Berlin Festival of Lights is an annual event that takes place over 10 days in October. Some of the city’s most famous attractions, including Brandenburg Gate, Berlin Cathedral and the Berlin Victory Column, are transformed into dazzling light installations and works of art. The event has been running for over ten years, and ever time, it’s a sight to behold. Keep scrolling for 21 stunning pictures from the Berlin Festival of Lights…
1. Here’s the Berlin Cathedral (with the Berlin TV Tower in the background)
2. Or the Theater im Palais
3. The Humboldt University of Berlin
4. Thousands of people attend as it’s one of the biggest light festival in the world
5. It makes for some stunning photography
6. Some of the amazing video installations are synced with music – like here on the Hotel de Rome
7. The Konzerthaus was one of our highlights.
8. The Brandenburg Gate is worth seeing
9. On the gate you can see the six finalists of the first Berlin Festival of Lights Awards.
10. Light projects are on shown on many of the city’s iconic landmarks, monuments, buildings, streets, neighbourhoods and places.
11. The “House Of Cards” installation at Potsdamer Platz is especially impressive this year
12. Simply fascinating!
13. It inspired our photographer Joao to experiments a little.
14. Tip from blogger Adam: Just stroll and explore the city.
15. The Berlin Cathedral is one of the all-time favourites of blogger Cheryl.
16. Awesome, right?
17. The installations are also reflected in the water of the fountain.
19. The festival will fill you with wonder…
20. Our video will be online shortly. Stay tuned!
21. Danke Berlin!